[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline clifftopdiggerTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 01:07:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

G day RR. Joan Allens is where i weighed up a 750. Real nice feel to it,so,after the absolutely phenomenal response speed from minelab as to a repair to an x-terra 30 that i saw potential in,so got it. It works in the sense that there is detection,but no sound. I was offered the parts to fix,but already have the part. Its just that a previous repair stripped some tracks,so,i can have it send in for repair,or they dont mind telling me the track bypassing points that i can solder to. My aim is to move the socket away from the controls, and mount it up under the stand, to make a good product even more suitable for my needs.
RR. I have spoken to minelab. Which is why they get full marks for customer care. They are in the middle of a stock take,but will mail me the information i need on wednesday,and i reckon they will too with the service so far.
The 30 will be put through its paces untill i am happy with the already top rep they have,and then will invest some hard earned into a top end minelab. Having piece of mind that if things do go wrong,the response is quick and caring.
Shame more companies dont work this way. A happy customer always comes back for more!!!!!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184191.html#msg184191

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 01:11:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by clifftopdigger
Shame more companies dont work this way. A happy customer always comes back for more!!!!!

Fisher was helping you. Just not fast enough. Sad that you are so impatient, mate. I'm happy you found your ideal machine. Next time, don't buy a broken machine. That's always a good rule of thumb.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184193.html#msg184193

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 03:01:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gd. I am really gratefull of your help,but i find the response time by them as poor customer relations. If we go by minelabs immediate response,which i am sure would have been friday if it were not close of play. I believe you were cc'd fishers contact,asking how and when i contacted. It would seem to me,that it was a curtesy contact to satisfy you. My reply is where it ended. I would gladly forward a copy of my initial contact,and m reply telling me my email must have been lost or words to that effect. Some of us may not be in a position to go out and buy a decent detector,and like to try a 2nd user brand of product we can afford at the time. Which,for some of us is how we decide if we want better. It does not seem to matter to minelab that a user has a problem with a second hand machine,infact the see a marketing potential and are only too glad to help out. Good move.
Manufacturers seem to do ok from 2nd users,who like the brand,and the support should things go wrong,who then go on to buy bigger and better in confidence.
Lets break it down. I contact them....No reply....You contact them,you must have clout with them....They ask where when and how i contacted them,which must have been more or less after you were on the phone.....Then i reply within possibly the same hour they ask the details.....Still waiting....unacceptable to have to wait to find out how much it will cost me. You have the cc. Ask felix why there is no reply as yet. It would seem he let you down there too! Its been a good week (minelab= same day bar closing time).
Yes i bought with a slight problem described,but it should have beed described accurately,and as attacked with a screwdriver. The repair money i have sat aside will not go to a company,or to fix a detector where the manufacturer does not give a stuff that it needs fixing,even if it were tidy,and still in warranty because im not the original purchaser. Compare minelabs reply time to theirs and it looks a damn poor show from fisher. I have to sport a detector with a manufacturers name emblazoned on it. It is my choice to only use a manufacturer that is worthy of me parading their product. Sadly,for me personally,fisher have missed the boat to better care from a competitor. Will they ever learn that just because you dont buy new,you can't be looked after and impressed into buying higher up their brand? There are bound to be others in the same position that could add their voice!
Thanks for trying all the same. You did praise minelab,so i checked out their products and am well impressed with both products,and the aftercare.
Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Manufacturers can often surprise you. A few years back, a guy had a totally disabled White's Coinmaster 6000 which he sent to the factory for repair. They sent it back for the cost of postage and fixed it free. Just a few months ago, a person right here on the forums needed a repair part for his Minelab Excalibur II. Minelab sent the parts free. Contact Fisher and tell them the full story. For them, one small favor to you means customer loyalty in the form of your next purchase.

Try it. You have nothing to lose, mate. Just a phone call.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184239.html#msg184239

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 03:26:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gd. I am really gratefull of your help,but i find the response time by them as poor customer relations. If we go by minelabs immediate response,which i am sure would have been friday if it were not close of play. I believe you were cc'd fishers contact,asking how and when i contacted. It would seem to me,that it was a curtesy contact to satisfy you.

His reply to me was immediate. We were on the phone. He sent me a copy of what he sent to you and I got it within seconds. You were the addressee and I was a CC. If you didn't get it, check your spam bucket. I also got a manual for another user here for his Fisher TW-5 which I sent to him and he received. In regards to Minelab, which one did you contact or do you even know? They are on three continents in a variety of time zones. You might be mistaken regarding the time of day.

Posted on: June 27, 2011, 11:24:44 PM
Yes i bought with a slight problem described,but it should have beed described accurately,and as attacked with a screwdriver.

I do understand but blaming Fisher for that is just bad form. Caveat Emptor.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184248.html#msg184248

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 03:57:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I think im not making myself clear. I thought i said you were the cc of the email he sent me, apologising for the untimely,as you will see on your cc. Untimely reply. he asked for the model etc and the part. And further went on to ask the email address etc that i sent my request. It was 23 june. Like i said earlier on in this topic,i had replied to Felix. It went into my main box. I check junk mail on a daily basis,so nothing slips through the net with me.
I do have your email addy in the email from felix,and can forward you m reply to him if you would like to see the quick response,and the time etc that i sent the reply to his mail.
He did apologise for the untimely reply as he put it,so once again,its untimely,or should i say, not at all.
2 lost emails it would seem,and no reply to either,just contact after you spoke to him....Thats all.
You did well for me. It was not the product that i was not happy with,it was their lack of care. As a consequence,i will not lay out money on it because of this.
I bought it, as it was described as still working properly in all metal mode.....it don't.
So,simple....get it fixed...call the manufacturer and find out if they can do it and what it might cost...wait for reply....couple of days?Huh?? If acceptable....send it off for repair and wait a couple of weeks or so......2 Its 2 weeks since initial contact,and no contact from my personal mails. They aint getting my trade. Simple.
As for the minelab, Fisher scared me,so i did my homework before i bought it. To check customer care,and to see if advice was available should it be needed. I'm confident of a repair done here,by me,and to improve on its location for my choice. Easy. There is some sense of satisfation in using something you fixed,or modified for better location of socket etc.
It makes for a great hobby to fix things yourself,or try to,due to equipment at hand.
Don't think for one second i'm chewing you up for your replys,just telling you how they make me feel.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184265.html#msg184265

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 04:03:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cliff, If you have any worries I will help if I can and I know I will get you what ever help you need

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184267.html#msg184267

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 04:04:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You did well for me. It was not the product that i was not happy with,it was their lack of care.

Did it ever occur to you that Felix may have been trying to work around your previous owners voiding of the warranty?

Probably not. Look, mate, you got a new machine. Chuck out the Fisher now or have patience and see what happens. Do not bad mouth a manufacturer because they don't meet YOUR standards of concern. Even you admit that they are not obligated to help you fix damage caused by an errant screwdriver and yet you still give them bad lip service here. The next time you do that, I will take action. End of discussion.

You may not be aware of things here but sponsorship is necessary and a personal gripe like this about service not being up to your own personal standards is damaging to that process. Just drop it now, please, for the sake of the forum.

Posted on: June 28, 2011, 12:03:50 AM
Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Cliff, If you have any worries I will help if I can and I know I will get you what ever help you need

AU

He got help. In spades. It's just not good enough.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184269.html#msg184269

Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 04:35:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ok. Point taken. Lesson learned. Now.....do i ignore my customers,and not keep them informed as to what i am going to do for them? Er.......NO. i carry on the way i believe customer care should be.....not what i want from them,but what i can do for my customers.
Example. Customer gets me to do a timing belt and then sells the car......4 months and the belt breaks.....do i think,sorry mate you never paid for the work so you don't get my reply,or a fix, or if i go out and see it at a different address to where i fixed it,and a new owner.....sorry mate the warranty was with the bloke who fixed it,not you.
Oh no,the belt could have been faulty,no oil on it etc,but i swallow it and fix it. Chances are,i sorted it,and there is a chance he will call me when things go wrong.
Or,mate,i know you used to service this,but i just bought it. But he didnt tell me about these faults,no problem for me to fix em,and maybe even knock some off for the work......He may just come back to me for future work.
Do i bin the F4,or wait for a repair? I dont deserve a repair for attacking a company for not keeping me informed.
So,i reckon its for the bin.
Oh yeah...personal lesson learned...what if i buy a new fisher n it breaks down?    Not worth the risk of even contemplating it, just incase the response is as slow. my choice. I don't intend others follow suit. Some will say i'm a fool, but i'm a fool that won't be paying for poor service.
Thanks for the offer RR,but it has been suggested i may be confused about who i have contacted,got rplies from etc. I am so pleased with the response that Martin Foran has given me,and the timeframe the help was there. They know their onions at minelab,and know how to please.
Think my time here is done with the response i get for slating a company that don't care and can't see potential.
You know what....i feel guilty for asking for help and thanking you for advice and i feel that by me showing my complete disgust in the lack of reply from the company,i feel i have upset a few of you.
Happy detecting cuz i know i'm going to have fun on the feilds,with a machine i can rely on and enjoy using.
{alt} I told you that enough is enough. Next, it's moderation of everything you post.

Posted on: June 27, 2011, 04:30:54 PM
Well you carry on with getting paid by em. I'm out of here. Official warning for exposing bad customer practice. See ya.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184286.html#msg184286
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnwarn.gif

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 04:39:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No, mate. Official warning because you have no reason to complain. You only have yourself to blame. You exposed nothing except for your own bad temper. Your choice.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184289.html#msg184289

Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 04:48:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The real people can decide. this is not the only site. You worry about sponsorship,yet i worry that too many facts get hidden from the public in the form of moderation such as this. by the way.....I am totally calm. Just happy to have found a manufacturer that runs circles around your underdog.......Seems the manufacturer who i chose looks to be the main sponsor here...And desrevedly so too.
MINELAB ALL THE WAY MATEY!!!!!!!! I used to think you were ok.
{alt} You really don't get this, do you?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184294.html#msg184294
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: