[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline clifftopdiggerTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 02:42:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Pm Sent. Thanks Gd.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182806.html#msg182806

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 03:01:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I just looked at my computer keyboard PS2 connector on the spare keyboard over there => and saw a tiny bit of scuff looking stuff. Using my magnifying glass, I still couldn't read the letters but embedded in the plastic are some itty bitty letters and numbers which are surely either the part number or manufacturer. These old eyes, man. Old and tired.

On my Garrett Groundhog, which I just checked, the part numbers on the coil side are inside the connector on the back of the plastic. The box side is easier. They are inked around the barrel of the metal part near the base. So as you can probably tell, the numbers may not be very easy to spot. Fisher will have the answer which I will find Monday.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg182811.html#msg182811

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 07:56:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for your help Gd. I have just had an email from Felix at fisherlabs, apologising for the untimely reply,as my contact seems lost somewhere.
Have explained the situation,and await a reply.
My faith in them seems a little lifted now.
Sorry i never got a pic of the plug up,as i have been preoccupied with family matters 100plus miles away from me,and detectors were bottom of my mind due to the nature of the problem back home.
Regards. Cliff.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg183393.html#msg183393

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 09:49:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

We clearly all got busy here. I didn't get time to ring them until Thursday, my time, which is Wednesday Felix' time. And your time.

It won't be long now. Felix reassured me that customer loyalty is important to Fisher Labs just like all manufacturers.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg183421.html#msg183421

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 01:51:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
We clearly all got busy here. I didn't get time to ring them until Thursday, my time, which is Wednesday Felix' time. And your time.

It won't be long now. Felix reassured me that customer loyalty is important to Fisher Labs just like all manufacturers.

Thanks Felix. I'm hoping so,as myself and a friend went to Joan Allens today,and we had a play with a minelab xterra705. He is so impressed that he is getting one friday our time.
I must admit,i had a swing and it felt good,awesome recovery time and easy to work out.
I will see how things go,but i still like the look of the F75, but wanna be rest assured that service is 2nd to none if things go wrong.
I put £200 aside yesterday,for repairs or to my next machine,whichever one it will be. I do hope part of it will go towards a new f75 after i get good results from the f4.
All the best. Cliff.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg183439.html#msg183439

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 02:37:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Still no reply.......i'm starting to think my mails are getting lost along the way,and wont be spending on repairs for a company to me that has shown next to no interest. Looks like i have bought an expensive bundle of parts to build a homebrew. Oh i'm so glad the coil and box dont have the name plastered all over em.

Posted on: June 24, 2011, 02:35:30 AM
Once again Gd. Thanks for trying,but it looks like i wil be looking elsewhere for a new brand. :-

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg183570.html#msg183570

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 04:47:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Does the word "patience" have any real meaning to you?

We get so used to e-mail being almost instantaneous that we sometimes forget that the answer might actually take time to generate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg183739.html#msg183739

Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 08:54:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hi Gd. I suppose i'm expecting the 2nd one to get lost,like the 1st one,and i'm itching to get out there and try it out. I guess i might have to send it off and wait a couple of weeks to get it back. Might be the quickest option to just swallow it,and pay for a repair shop to do it,or do i wait and see if fisher will look at it for me? I dunno. I'm lost at this point.
A friend of mine has offered to lend me an x-terra 30 but it has lost its sound,on speaker and headphones. he says i can still use it,as these days,modern detectors have good visual display and could be used by a deaf person......i reckon he could be right...but what about ground balancing? You need to hear a tone right? So,the detector may not be optimaly tuned?
I wonder if its easy to replace the phone socket?
I'm tempted to take him up on his offer,and wouldntit be nice to give it him back with working sound,as a thankyou for the loan.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg183752.html#msg183752

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

240.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab x=terra
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 07:51:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

WOW. What a response from minelab. Contacted them just before closing on friday.....had a reply today. Re repair to a headphone socket.....offered to send me one out,but already have one to move it from the board to under the armrest in its own housing. No schematics available,but advice is bang on, and the offer was there,even the offer of repair for me.
Think i just been converted to a company that cares for any customer, 1st or 2nd user.
Some companies should learn from this......It helps future sales when the customer wants to try a brand before investing in a brand thats worthy of weilding,and praising. Fisher is taken care of.........an expensive doorstop!!!!!
Minelabs reply to my reply came within 3 minutes!!!!!! TOP CLASS COMPANY.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184108.html#msg184108

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 09:03:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by clifftopdigger
Minelabs reply to my reply came within 3 minutes!!!!!! TOP CLASS COMPANY

G Day, If you want to Phone Minelab PM me and I will tell you who to speak to, and the same for Joan Allens as they
are good friends of mine, ok

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25950.msg184118.html#msg184118

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: