[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Rayredditch
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

585.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XP GMP, XP Adventis II, Whites Surf Master PI Pro Deep Diver,Fisher 1265 X, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 03:24:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GD1950 wrote "Backwards archaeology is not evidence"

Heh Alan, he?s agreeing with you, archeologists are generally backward  Grin Grin Grin

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg57378.html#msg57378

Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power,
Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD,
Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X,
Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023,
Viking 6DX2

Offline Alan HassellTopic starter
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 03:28:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GD150 Please before this gets heated, this area covers hundreds of acres it may also of affected Caermead too as that is a low lying area as well.  We have only just started investigating this ourselves and expect there will be many many more places that were affected.  Only by using Google Earth will you see the extent of how far a flood would of travelled inland from Cardiff Bay.
Also you will note that there are marks of what could be buildings down by the shoreline which probably become submerged at given tides.  Anyway you dont have to believe my cracked up theories you have yours I have mine end of story.
Its come to a point where I refuse to discuss this matter anymore. Just leave it at that Im not looking for another heart attack thanks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg57381.html#msg57381

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 04:06:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Alan, don't get upset, mate. All theories are eventually proven or disproven by facts. I look at an item and see the fact then try to formulate a theory. You look at a theory and try to fit that to a fact. I'm not denying that there was a village at the site. That is a fact. I'm also not denying that a flood may have caused the abandonment. That's a theory. What I am suggesting is that it may have been something besides a comet strike. The last comet that struck the earth caused a mass extinction of life, not a village abandonment. Comet strikes are not trivial events.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg57390.html#msg57390

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 05:06:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Alan, don't get upset, mate. All theories are eventually proven or disproven by facts. I look at an item and see the fact then try to formulate a theory. You look at a theory and try to fit that to a fact. I'm not denying that there was a village at the site. That is a fact. I'm also not denying that a flood may have caused the abandonment. That's a theory. What I am suggesting is that it may have been something besides a comet strike. The last comet that struck the earth caused a mass extinction of life, not a village abandonment. Comet strikes are not trivial events.

Fair comment GD and i agree 100% they are not trivial any you only have to click a link on my history website that shows you a youtube reconstruction or brilliant animation of what a Comet can do.  I also understand your concern about this being an isolated town or village one that I suspect was heavily populated too and there must of been a terrible loss of life there too.
However had you done some research of your own you would of found many places apart from Wentlooge which I used as an example.  The area that was affected is vast by no means it covered all low lying areas in Newport, then if you take a look at CoedKerniw, Treadegar Park, Trowbridge, Newton, St. Brides Wedlooge all these areas were affected too.
Of course in the 1500-2000 years since this event occured much of the land is now developed and the scars of yesterday have long been hidden.  It is known that part of the original Cardiff Docks was lost during this event too. So the area is a very big one covering many miles.
seeing as you prefer to sit and talk rather than do some research yourself I took the time of which i do not have a lot to spare to take a couple of google pics just to enlightne you and other readers.
We do a lot of research into the dark ages forget about England. King Arthurs Kingdom was Wales or rather Britain.
In fact the Miserable English Academics have long tried to steal the Legend of King Arthur with the Glastonbury Hoax and many other places.  Glastonbury wasnt even around in Arthurs Time it was built in the 900's when Arthur was safely sleeping in his own kingdom in Wales where he belongs.
The first Pic is of the newport area but you can see for yourself that, that is only a small section we are researching.
The second pic is of a place called Trowbridge about 10 miles or more away and you can see the same old silly marks in the ground.  Ok I know im a sucker and some silly bastard who had nothing better to do than to go out in the middle of the night and make all these marks in the ground just to rattle would be treasure hunters and give them something to dream about in their miserable lives hehehehe
yeah sure there was the black plauge too but some of the buildings would of survived especially if they had high walls in this case none survived.  Please dont rattle me again I am a very tolerant individual I just might not come back here again then you can explain to the others why I wont come here anymore I am very serious about this DO NOT MAKE IT HAPPEN I am locking this thread I dont need an Australian inquisition.

Following private talks with GD I am unlocking this thread because there are interested individuals who consider this to be a genuine find and location of the find.  Hey guys dont get me wrong but I just thought some of you with an ounce of inclination would love to have a crack at something big like this.
Dont forget to play by the rules this isnt an invitation for night hawks to do their dirty work rather than genuine guys who want a chance to find something decent for a change.
I only ask one thing in return for this information and that is any coins found in this area are produced on here for all to see.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg57793.html#msg57793

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:44:23 pm by seldom »
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 07:37:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Rayredditch
HeeHee, here we go again, GD and GD1950  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I have not said anything... I am only lurking!

But I think there are some good ideas coming out of the discussion.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg57824.html#msg57824

goldigger

Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 06:29:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
I have not said anything...
But I think there are some good ideas coming out of the discussion.

goldigger

well said but?

because members of thunting.com have not read books such as Mynervian Archaeology, Geoffery of Monmouts history of the Kings of Britain, Mallory's Morte D' Arthur, the triads and others most are unaware of what really happened.
Although we were aware of professor Clunes and the discovery of the comet that hit Britain in AD 562 we were really unaware of what happened at the time because no one survived to tell the tale.
GD 1950 did raise some interesting points but these can be explained but bear in mind this is a highly complex situation which means going over masses of documents to find the solution.  This cannot be done in a few minutes.
I wonder how many of you who visited my website bothered to even look at this clip from youtube?

Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LWB4pyryOw#noexternalembed

What we do know is that this Comet also wiped out Bolivia at the same time before devastating Britain and finally impacting somewhere in the North Sea off the Coast of Norway.
You might find it strange that Scientists from an American University are trying to find the impact site too.
We know that the battle of Camlan was fought the same year we know Arthur was in Brittany at the time and we also know that Madoc, Arthurs Brother was at sea when the comet hit.
The skies went black and he was caught in a huge storm and losing sight of stars kept sailing west and discovered America.
Now that huge storm doesnt mean anything to anyone until you wonder what caused it and that was the dispersal of a large tract of water in other words a Tsunami.
Years later Madoc returned to Britain to be reunited with Arthur and tell him about the fantastic land across the sea.
Arthur sent out one of his admirals to confirm the story and once it was confirmed decided to transport his people there.
This explains why Newport area of the great flood was never rebuilt and resettled.
Arthur was killed by indians while he was in America but being King of all Britain he had to be returned to his Kingdom in order for his sons to inherit his kingdom.
Morgan was too young at the time so Arthurs remains were concealed in a cave until a fitting burial could be arranged and his son made king.
The trouble is individuals with a smattering of Arthurian knowledge can do more damage to a project because they have not read and absorbed the real history and come to their own wild conclusions which is highly dangerous and does nothing positive.
I wonder how many of you have read any of Alan Wilsons 8 books?  or the Mynervian Archaeology, Nennius, Gildas and a mass of other documents ?
Without a single iota of proof only a vivid imagination someone is able to crucify the real truth and this is exactly what the Academics have been doing for ages because of lack of knowledge or whats called plain ignorance.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg57872.html#msg57872

Offline koubiac
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 09:19:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

wait a min! King arthur's brother Madoc discovered america? north or south? ive heard that the chinese landed in california before Columbus but never heard about this Madoc fellow. guess i skipped that day at school! lol kidding!  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg57885.html#msg57885

Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 11:32:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

for those that want to know more you make your start here

Please Register or Login

http://www.rense.com/general28/weks.htm

Jim Michaels was a colleage of Alan Wilsons until Jim passed away.  I think there is a site about him somewhere Until Alan Wilson saw photographs of the bat creek stone... many had tried their hand at deciphering it none were successfull because it had been written in the old Colebren Alphabet and without the means to translate it no one was able to read the simple message written on it.
That same language can be found on the travel routes of the ten lost tribes of Israel from Britain all the way to Egypt.
Did The Welsh Discover America?
8-28-2

A team of historians and researchers announced today that Radio Carbon dating evidence, and the discovery of ancient British style artefacts and inscriptions in the American Midwest, provide the strongest indications yet" that British explorers, under the Prince Madoc ap Meurig, arrived in the country during the 6th Century and set up colonies there.

Research team members have known the location of burial sites of Madoc's close relatives in Wales for some time, it emerged today; but they have decided to break their self-imposed silence in order that their research be fully known and understood. DNA evidence could provide vital new leads, they say.

"We have a mass of remarkable evidence," said British historian Alan Wilson, who has been working with Jim Michael of the Ancient Kentucke Historical Association since 1989. "As experts in ancient British history, we were approached by Jim and visited locations in the Mid West with him," he added.

Many of the grave mounds found in the American mid West, including those at Bat Creek, Tennessee, are ancient British in origin and design, Wilson said. Jim Michael added, "the stone tablet found at Bat Creek in 1889 included an inscription written in Coelbren, an ancient British alphabet known and recorded by historians and bards down the ages."

Wilson said that his research had brought him into contact with very similar alphabet inscriptions in Britain, Europe and the Middle East. "The components of the alphabet derive from the earliest days of the Khumric (Welsh) people," he added, "and were used along their migration routes to Wales in antiquity."

Wilson's research partner, Baram A. Blackett, said, "once we discovered the cipher for the alphabet in recorded in texts dating to the 1500s we knew we were in business. We have translated many of these inscriptions and they all make perfect sense." Jim Michael commented that the final translation for the Bat Creek tablet was an exciting task, "especially when we knew it read, 'Madoc the ruler he is'."

Some historians have written off the evidence for Prince Madoc, the Welsh Prince who sailed to America circa 562 (AD). "They often give a false date of 1170 and this legend has replaced the facts," added Wilson. "At the moment, there is a small group of wreckers trying to steal our research and to promote this misdating. Luckily, we've done all the groundwork and have a substantial body of evidence in our favour."

"In Britain and America the academics have been slow to respond," said Jim Michael. "There is a theory that there was no European settlement here before Columbus, despite the evidence, but this is for political and theoretical reasons." In the UK, public bodies had, "failed to engage with this vital research effort," added Alan Wilson. "I think they're afraid that an independent group such as ours has made such progress. They prefer to ignore and neglect ancient British history rather than to deal with it. The Welsh people have suffered, and the opportunity to boost the economy, to bring thousands of jobs to Glamorgan and Gwent, where Madoc and his brother Arthur ll ruled, has not been exploited."

Public bodies in the US and UK must now start to actively pursue this new evidence, they say.

DNA profiling could help identify the human remains found at Bat Creek. "It could well be Madoc himself," said Blackett. "After all, the inscription was found right next to the bones, which are currently housed at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington DC."

Wilson, Blackett and their research team know the location of Madoc's close relatives and have made significant archaeological finds at sites nearby. "So we can use Welsh DNA evidence from the graves here, and compare it with the bone fragments in the Smithsonian," he said. "This would be of massive historical value." It is estimated that up to 20,000 jobs and hundreds of millions in tourism could be an immediate benefit in South Wales, claimed the men.

"In the American Mid West the results could be very similar," added Jim Michael.

Background

Wilson, Blackett, and Jim Michael made the identification of the Bat Creek main tumulus as the likely tomb of Prince Madoc, in January 1990. Michael has been in contact with the Smithsonian with a view to its allowing the bone fragments to be DNA tested.

There are numerous ancient British Coelbren inscriptions in the American mid West.

Skulls found in some US grave mounds are of European-Caucasian origin; they do not include an Inca bone.

There was only one Prince Madoc. He was the brother of King Arthur ll and lived during the 6th Century. This is not in doubt. Ancient British manuscripts and genealogies tell us this.

Alan Wilson and Baram Blackett have been investigating the true history of King Arthur and the Khumric-Welsh dynasty for a total of nearly 70 years. Wilson?s interest began in 1956 and Blackett joined him in 1976, when the Arthurian Research Foundation of Great Britain was started.

They have written the best-selling The Holy Kingdom (Bantam, 1999) with Adrian Gilbert and self-published underground classics including Arthur, King of Glamorgan and Gwent, Artorius Rex Discovered, Arthur and the Charters of the Kings and Arthur, The War King (a historical novel).

The men have lectured extensively in the UK, including Manchester and Jesus Colleges at Oxford University, and Alan Wilson gave the prestigious Bemis Lecture in Boston in 1993. Wilson and Blackett were also commissioned to produce a detailed genealogy of the Bush family by former President George Bush (senior).

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg57904.html#msg57904

Offline koubiac
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 12:38:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

true or not its a really cool read sir!  Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg57917.html#msg57917

Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 05:15:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by koubiac
true or not its a really cool read sir!  Shocked

If you as an individual would like to know more especially about the american side of the coin I invite you to take a look at Alan Wilson and Baram Blacketts own site. Its free and full of information.
To some the real story of King Arthurs his knights and his people are nothing like those portrayed by the like of cretain d trois, mallory and others who only write fiction and garbage. Over 20 years ago I had to forget what i was taught because the Anglo Saxon Lies had poisoned my mind. I started afresh and have never looked back. I instantly know when something displayed on the big WWW is a Saxon fabrication and give it a wide berth.  Most of it is ludicrous written by morons with vivid imaginations or someone trying to make a name for themselves or just to impress a girl friend.  Anyone can read modern books and get modern ideas find someone who likes to read ancient document that tell the history as it was written not reinvented.

Please Register or Login

http://www.kingarthurslegacy.com/

my own site carries many short articles

Please Register or Login

http://treasure1/tripod.com/index.html

enjoy.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg57972.html#msg57972