[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline wus47
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Ukraine
Referrals: 0

605.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

hammer head PI Md, Thunder, own develop
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 03:19:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi rclaiborne4!
You have told that it is necessary to place in an peroxid hydrogene. What concentration? Whether it is possible to use tablets of hydroperit, which are sold in a drugstore?
Whether it is correct will be concerning Pyrites?
Thank You.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11960.msg132484.html#msg132484

Offline rclaiborne4
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Commando
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 06:40:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I used hydrogen peroxide (stabilized) 3% solution from a drug store. The lighter gray nodules grew a few bubbles and released them slowly one at a time. I saw the video on Youtube, try a video search there useing platinum test as key words. Some darker, heavy noddules that were slightly irredesent and a shiney black reacted like in the video and fizzed like crazy, as did a little peice I tested which I was pretty sure was titanium. If the nodules contained manganese I later found it could have been that after doing a search on other potential catalyst metals. Chromium is a catalyst as well and chromium is in the area. I save everything and once I get my homemade smelter working properly I plan to smelt them. This is my third go at getting a smelter that reaches the proper temp. Last one got hot enough useing coal but coal has too much sulpher. I have yet to get propane, even with air hot enough. I think my supposed fire clay I bought isn't the real deal and absorbes and radiates too much heat faster than it can build. Leaching with bromide and chlorine hasn't gone well either, online do it yourself instructions are either leaveing too much out or I'm just not getting things just right enough. Both furnaces and chemical leaching is appearing more and more to being a more exact science than I was led to believe. Oh well, I know what doesn't work and I'm getting closer and closer to success at least. Paying for an essay would probably be cheaper in the short term but the way things seem to go now, if the states around here find out your onto something they pass laws real quick to shut you down. I read in a few books how essayers used to give reports to the secret service what was being found by whom back in the 1930's, don't know if they still do. Gold probably isn't of too much interrest so long as its in small amounts, platinum, who knows.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11960.msg132560.html#msg132560

Offline gambol1
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 08:17:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

rc-cliaborne, You might check Wikipedia for the physical properties of platinum before you try to melt it. it melts at 3227 degrees F. most firebrick melt before that. I have used a mapp gas, Oxygen torch. 3675 degrees F. It just barely does the job.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11960.msg140811.html#msg140811

Offline Rick104
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

286.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites TDI,Fisher Gold$trike and Coin$trike, Garrett GTI 2500,Minelab Eureka Gold, Pioneer 505
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 11:04:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

it looks like pyrite, scratch it to see if it turns into a white powder, platinum looks more like lead!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11960.msg140847.html#msg140847

Offline rclaiborne4
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Commando
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 03:52:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks, in the process of makeing a new furnace. Found out hho gas melts platinum. Its what they first used to melt it. Saw how to convert water to hho gas online which creates a plasma torch. I'll try experimenting with it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11960.msg141281.html#msg141281

Offline Rick104
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

286.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites TDI,Fisher Gold$trike and Coin$trike, Garrett GTI 2500,Minelab Eureka Gold, Pioneer 505
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 04:23:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Detecting [hello]This sample really looks like pyrite, it could be, did you try scraping a small amount off the sample to see if it turns into a white powdery substance, but it still could be platinum there is platinum in the Columbia river coming out of B.C. Canada, usually it is found in smaller samples, keep us informed as to what this might be, I am very interested to see what it is Smiley thanks
Rick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11960.msg141291.html#msg141291

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: