[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Question:
What's your Religion?
Christian - 56 (69.1%)
Muslim - 4 (4.9%)
Jewish - 1 (1.2%)
Atheist - 6 (7.4%)
Agnostic - 2 (2.5%)
Hindu - 0 (0%)
Budhist - 0 (0%)
Other - 12 (14.8%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 08:51:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So this isn't a treasure hunting site. I see clearly now. Enjoy your discussion and I do hope you opt out before it come to threats. It always does.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg36266.html#msg36266

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 08:54:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It is a treasure hunting site ,Tnet has this topic has well ...And threat's what are you talking about now you lost me ...Enjoy the rest of the site we all have the board here we don't agree with ..That's life   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg36268.html#msg36268

Offline capnrich
Bronze Member

I'm hungry like the wolf...
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250, GTI 2500, ProPointer, kneepads
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 09:42:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Like I said earlier...volatile topic! I'm laying to rest, I know what I know, it's what's inside each of us.
Hopefully, it will stop raining and I can treasure hunt again tomorrow! This is a fantastic hobby, let's see what we dig tomorrow! Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg36269.html#msg36269

I'm hooked on Thunting!

Offline ElsaBorzoi
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009, 10:07:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I think I did that Belief O Matic things a few years ago, but only remember that the results were strange.

Els

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg36418.html#msg36418

Offline DragunX5
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Prizm VI - DetectorPro Headhunter Pulse
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2009, 05:48:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Me im just confused.....so many religions, so many beliefs, so many contradicitons in religious texts etc. Sometimes i  feel maybe there is something more to life, other times i just feel it is all just evolution. I have many friends from various ethnic backgrounds and religion....most of them try answer my questions but when ever i ask Who Created God? they just answer you never question him or his existence. To me that is not good enough, things dont just exist. for me i have been given life one way or another, i will live it how i deem kind, humble and helpful and when i die, i will know the truth.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg56758.html#msg56758

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 08:27:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What's my religion? I believe that all things were created by one all knowing and perfect being who refers to himself as God. According to the Bible God is a spirit being not flesh and blood as we humans. I also believe that God so loved the world that he gave us his only begotten son Jesus Christ (the word made flesh-John chapter 1verses 1 thru 4) who took our punishment upon himself for our sins and was crucified and rose on the 3rd day from the dead defeating death for us so that we could have eternal life. Christ stated in the book of John chapter 11 verses 25 and 26 " I am the resurrection,  and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die: Believest thou this?"  I do! Anyone who raised the dead, healed the sick, opened the eyes of the blind and rose from the dead himself: I will follow!
Most importantly my sins have been atoned for by Jesus Christ. The greatest treasure that I have today is eternal as a gift from God to me his child. You may choose not to believe
and that is your right.   This is what I believe since someone asked, I'm not ashamed to tell it if asked.  John in Va..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg56826.html#msg56826

Johnlaw

Offline salvor6
Mod
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 09:56:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

John, thank you for your opinion but there is evidence to believe that Jesus's body was taken out of his tomb by other people before he died. Therefore he really didn't resurect. Also, victims of crusifiction took at least 3 days to die. Why did Jesus die in one day?
    The bible says the earth was created in 7 days. Do you believe this? Why doesn't the bible mention dinosaurs? The bible also says the earth is 6,000 years old. Do you believe this? Then why can scientists radio-carbon date fossils to millions of years old? If Christianity is absolutely true then why are there more Muslims in the world than Christians? Help me out on this John.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg56830.html#msg56830

Offline DragunX5
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Prizm VI - DetectorPro Headhunter Pulse
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2009, 04:11:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by johnlaw
What's my religion? I believe that all things were created by one all knowing and perfect being who refers to himself as God. According to the Bible God is a spirit being not flesh and blood as we humans. I also believe that God so loved the world that he gave us his only begotten son Jesus Christ (the word made flesh-John chapter 1verses 1 thru 4) who took our punishment upon himself for our sins and was crucified and rose on the 3rd day from the dead defeating death for us so that we could have eternal life. Christ stated in the book of John chapter 11 verses 25 and 26 " I am the resurrection,  and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die: Believest thou this?"  I do! Anyone who raised the dead, healed the sick, opened the eyes of the blind and rose from the dead himself: I will follow!
Most importantly my sins have been atoned for by Jesus Christ. The greatest treasure that I have today is eternal as a gift from God to me his child. You may choose not to believe
and that is your right.   This is what I believe since someone asked, I'm not ashamed to tell it if asked.  John in Va..

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing your beliefs with us. Its nice to see someone who lives by the bible and has something to look forward to when life comes to an end, i admire that in people. Sometimes i wish i could believe so i know i am living for a reason....not to just die at the end of the journey.

But as Salvor6 said, there are soooo many unanswered questions and things that make no sense where science has proved otherwise.

I think a lot of the figues may have existed, the disciples etc but....without definitive proof i cannot believe in false hope which is how i see it. But as i said, for the people that have religion, i really admire and respect those people for living their lives in the way they need too.

But it seems religion is the cause of over half the problems in the world in the past and present days.....To me, that is not the act of peaceful, religious
people, of course its not everyone....but it just is a major problem at the moment.

Undecided

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg56854.html#msg56854

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2009, 06:39:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Religion was an invention of the Egyptian and maybe other cultures before them. The Sun was the home of the Gods and the universe or constellations were the heavans.  And basically it was all about power and food production and seasonal weather behaviour.
Even in the very early stages if religion it was realised it was a money making business because people died and had to be buried and some pharoes complained when the temples were charging excessive fees for burials.
When Constantine decided that if he was going to allow christinaity to be acceptable he bought together all the so called Bishops and Holy Men in order to get the story straight because there were so many versions of gospels floating around at the time.
and those ones contracdicted what mathew, mark, luke and john said in their gospels.
Jesus suvrived the cross he was bought to Britain by Joseph of Arimathea together with the rest of the so called Holy Family.
He burial is recorded in Songs of the Graves which has proved to be a very accurate and useful document in this case.
The so called miracles invented by the Roman Church are nothing more than fairy tales by todays standard however when the men in black were inventing their religions people were highly superstitious and terrified of what could happen to them.
Like When Paul said, "Join my church and you will be assured of a place in heavan, if you dont your soul will rot in hell for ETERNITY."
Shades of Blackmail there especially when he used to add in order to enter my church you need to cross my palm with silver or gold or whatever worth you had.
Science has proven beyond all doubt that it is physically impossible to bring anyone back to life after 3 days. Once rigor mortis sets in bacteria starts to destroy and eat human cells.  Wake up people.  The ressurection is a load of rubbish it never happened and never could happen because its impossible.
Theres no way Jesus could ever walk on water because you know you cant do it yourself and Jesus was a mortal not a divine god like all mortals they eventually die and this is why he is mentioned in the Songs of the Graves.
Do you believe a man can turn water into wine to feed thousands?  hmm how about a man standing on the corner of a street and in one puff ascends to heavan in the middle of the day?  Years ago you could believe these things but today the same lies the Roman Church thrives on doesnt go down too well.
There is Evidence that Peter never even went to Rome and thats another ludicrous story the men in black invented to make their case more appealing.  Whats more Peter and Paul hated one another because the both had different ideas about what christianity was all about.
Look at what the Roman Church has done and broken its own ten commandments in doing it.
1. Killed of or exterminated the Knights Templars using heresy as a charge.
2. The Spanish Inquisition in which thousands were boiled in oil because you didnt agree with the Roman Catholic views or ideals, today thats called Genicide in any mans language.
Religion was only the excuse but there was a far more sinister reason for the inquisition.  What you dont know is that anyone informing on another person to the church was entitled to 50% of that persons wealth if they were convicted of heresy.
And with the methods of turture used by these insidious hypocrites dressed in black and posing as religious christians their wealth was assured.  So here we have some black marks against the so called Roman Church not only were they very good thieves of obtaining wealth under false pretences but how many of these religious zelots raped some of the victims who were women before killing them off.  And these are the so called Christians who even today are being reveales as paedophiles for having an interest in little boys bums.  England, Australia, America you name it wherever priests have been someones been found out and accused of abusing little boys and girls.
With the release of Alan Wilsons New Book the very foundations of the Roman Catholic Church is going to evaporate into thin air and you will realise that These zealots have used their power to live a lie for nearly 2000 years.
Jesus was a Jew his religion was for Jews not Gentiles. Saul alias Paul was a gentile who realised there was a big quid in this if he could get into the inner circle with Jesus.
So he  wrote the new testament created his own church and became a very rich man in the name of religion but theres more you will have to do some research yourself  Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg56867.html#msg56867

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2009, 08:05:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Alan Hassell
Religion was an invention of the Egyptian and maybe other cultures before them. The Sun was the home of the Gods and the universe or constellations were the heavans.  And basically it was all about power and food production and seasonal weather behaviour.
Even in the very early stages if religion it was realised it was a money making business because people died and had to be buried and some pharoes complained when the temples were charging excessive fees for burials.
When Constantine decided that if he was going to allow christinaity to be acceptable he bought together all the so called Bishops and Holy Men in order to get the story straight because there were so many versions of gospels floating around at the time.
and those ones contracdicted what mathew, mark, luke and john said in their gospels.
Jesus suvrived the cross he was bought to Britain by Joseph of Arimathea together with the rest of the so called Holy Family.
He burial is recorded in Songs of the Graves which has proved to be a very accurate and useful document in this case.
The so called miracles invented by the Roman Church are nothing more than fairy tales by todays standard however when the men in black were inventing their religions people were highly superstitious and terrified of what could happen to them.
Like When Paul said, "Join my church and you will be assured of a place in heavan, if you dont your soul will rot in hell for ETERNITY."
Shades of Blackmail there especially when he used to add in order to enter my church you need to cross my palm with silver or gold or whatever worth you had.
Science has proven beyond all doubt that it is physically impossible to bring anyone back to life after 3 days. Once rigor mortis sets in bacteria starts to destroy and eat human cells.  Wake up people.  The ressurection is a load of rubbish it never happened and never could happen because its impossible.
Theres no way Jesus could ever walk on water because you know you cant do it yourself and Jesus was a mortal not a divine god like all mortals they eventually die and this is why he is mentioned in the Songs of the Graves.
Do you believe a man can turn water into wine to feed thousands?  hmm how about a man standing on the corner of a street and in one puff ascends to heavan in the middle of the day?  Years ago you could believe these things but today the same lies the Roman Church thrives on doesnt go down too well.
There is Evidence that Peter never even went to Rome and thats another ludicrous story the men in black invented to make their case more appealing.  Whats more Peter and Paul hated one another because the both had different ideas about what christianity was all about.
Look at what the Roman Church has done and broken its own ten commandments in doing it.
1. Killed of or exterminated the Knights Templars using heresy as a charge.
2. The Spanish Inquisition in which thousands were boiled in oil because you didnt agree with the Roman Catholic views or ideals, today thats called Genicide in any mans language.
Religion was only the excuse but there was a far more sinister reason for the inquisition.  What you dont know is that anyone informing on another person to the church was entitled to 50% of that persons wealth if they were convicted of heresy.
And with the methods of turture used by these insidious hypocrites dressed in black and posing as religious christians their wealth was assured.  So here we have some black marks against the so called Roman Church not only were they very good thieves of obtaining wealth under false pretences but how many of these religious zelots raped some of the victims who were women before killing them off.  And these are the so called Christians who even today are being reveales as paedophiles for having an interest in little boys bums.  England, Australia, America you name it wherever priests have been someones been found out and accused of abusing little boys and girls.
With the release of Alan Wilsons New Book the very foundations of the Roman Catholic Church is going to evaporate into thin air and you will realise that These zealots have used their power to live a lie for nearly 2000 years.
Jesus was a Jew his religion was for Jews not Gentiles. Saul alias Paul was a gentile who realised there was a big quid in this if he could get into the inner circle with Jesus.
So he  wrote the new testament created his own church and became a very rich man in the name of religion but theres more you will have to do some research yourself  Shocked

I have studied the Bible for nearly thirty years and also the books of other religions, secret societies and satanism. The Bible is the only one that makes any sense of it all in regard to our purpose in life,
why we are here and what our destiny is. In regard to Catholocism I don't regard it as the messenger of the gospel. They are rife with false teachings and like you stated thier history of murders and torture are totally contrary to the message of the gospel of Christ. The Bible mentions those who are wolves in sheeps clothing who appear as the messengers of Christ. I'm perfectly content with what I know because I know by what I see that there is a God in heaven, even looking at my own body and the
thousands of events that occur each second in the body is enough for me to understand that there is a mind far greater than ours who created all things. The placement of the planets and stars itself is a
marvel to behold. The earth turns and has no motor, it stays at a perfect angle to the sun and it does
not wander off course and has no foundation. I guess some would say it was all an accident, the chance of that happening would be akin to a tornado going thru a junk yard and out the other end comes a brand new grey hound bus. If there is no God then why do we need be good? Why not kill those we dislike if there are no eternal conseqenses. Robbery, stealing and rape could be added to the list of things permissible to humans. Search the scriptures in them you will find life.. Seek and you shall find,
knock and the door will be opened to you. Have a good day......John....You can email me if would like to
discuss further.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg56950.html#msg56950

Johnlaw

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Jump to: