[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Question:
What's your Religion?
Christian - 56 (69.1%)
Muslim - 4 (4.9%)
Jewish - 1 (1.2%)
Atheist - 6 (7.4%)
Agnostic - 2 (2.5%)
Hindu - 0 (0%)
Budhist - 0 (0%)
Other - 12 (14.8%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2009, 07:15:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

the one good thing about a forum is that everyone has their own opinion and are free to express it. However, you are only taking into consideration one book that was created from four gospels.  Maybe you should explore the ones that were never used in that so called holy book.  They will reveal the truth of what happened maybe you should read some of the history books that were available in the first century too.  You will find they too contain the secrets that you appear not to be interested in because they would demolish the beliefs that you were taught but refuse to explore to find out the truth for yourself.
Everything will be revealed in a new book that going to be published soon anyway. There will always be some who despite everything we reveal still refuse to do any research into past history because they have tunnel vision and are unable to see things in an objective manner.  When you can produce some evidence that god existed then you have something to shout about with no evidence you have no proof whatsoever. The same as academics, historians, archaeologists fail to realise that a great comet hit Britain in AD 562 and devastated the island.  As a result the history that they produce is an invention the same as the Roman Catholic version of the Bible is and invention too. Unless you can prove me wrong with substancial evidence then you have no grounds to prove us wrong.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg57024.html#msg57024

Offline JonC
Copper Member

++++Sir Tux++++
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2009, 07:28:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm always impressed by the civility that is used by the members.

Life has many choices, eternity has two. What's yours?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg57027.html#msg57027

Registered Linux user #447237

We can never achieve perfection.. but if we chase perfection we will catch excellence.

Vince Lombardi

We have forty million reasons for failure but not a single excuse.

Rudyard Kipling

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2009, 07:18:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by DragunX5
Me im just confused.....so many religions, so many beliefs, so many contradicitons in religious texts etc. Sometimes i  feel maybe there is something more to life, other times i just feel it is all just evolution. I have many friends from various ethnic backgrounds and religion....most of them try answer my questions but when ever i ask Who Created God? they just answer you never question him or his existence. To me that is not good enough, things dont just exist. for me i have been given life one way or another, i will live it how i deem kind, humble and helpful and when i die, i will know the truth.

If you had seen the bit on TV, a couple days ago, you might have lots more questions.... then agin some might say *I told you so,* whatever that might mean:

There was a Chimpanzee shelter, in the UK, I think, that had a chimp die of old age, so they were about to bury her, and LO, all the others were lined up, on the fence between compounds, watching the event very intently. It just about made my hair stand on end. It was a stunning sight!

Pan Troglodytes do not have religion, so the experts say. So..... why were  they all lined up, watching a *funeral,* so intently?  Shocked

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg57134.html#msg57134

goldigger

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2009, 10:12:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Were they watching a funeral?  were the animals lined up for the filming of this event? is it quite possible those animals were wondering what was going to happen to their buddy?  Sounds like the producers have a morbid sense of responsibility to the taste of the viewers or was it just a publicity stunt that made money?
beats me  Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg57203.html#msg57203

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2009, 07:50:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Alan Hassell
Were they watching a funeral?  were the animals lined up for the filming of this event? is it quite possible those animals were wondering what was going to happen to their buddy?  Sounds like the producers have a morbid sense of responsibility to the taste of the viewers or was it just a publicity stunt that made money?
beats me  Shocked

That is a hypercynical attitude, even animals recognize the death of a companion, and these chimpanzees were not orchestrated. Even house cats know when one of their  companions die, whether human or another cat. I can not understand why you should take this stand??

I am constantly amazed at animal reactions to different stimuli, they may not be able to speak, but they are, none the less, sentient.

Chimpanzees CAN learn to speak, through hand sign, it has been shown that Pan troglodytes is far faster at math solutions than humans, they are very sentient and should not be classed as common animals, any more than humans. Who knows for sure what they think of death, or after life.

I am sorry if this bursts your bubble, Alan, but it was not government that established these matters. So you need not be so suspicious. If you do not want to  be a monkeys uncle, fine, you do not have to be!

I can understand that some people feel so superior, that animals are nothing, nihil, nicivo, namowiyak. It would be a sad world without OTHER animals, and this might have some bearing on religion?

goldigger (sorry, the emoticons are not working so... do not be up set.)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg57291.html#msg57291

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:55:36 pm by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline yshishani
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Jordan

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2010, 12:59:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

I am a muslim, and in the holy quran God (Allah) says ""And verily, a day in the sight of your Lord is as a thousand years according to what you reckon" 22/47. So, one day it is not necessarily a day that we know. And with the creation of the universe, God says in another verse ((Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to earth: "Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly" They said: "we do come (together) in willing obedience)). (Quran 41: 11-12)
So, earth began forming and preparing itself to accept and sustain life, and yes this took millions of years (of what we know as a year).

Many sceitific finding in Modern science are in complete agreement with what is related in the Quran.

Please Register or Login

http://www.quranandscience.com/islam-and-science--universe/85-second-principle-dokhan-al-samaa-smoke-vs-universal-dust.html

Please Register or Login

http://www.quranandscience.com/earth.html

Please Register or Login

http://www.scienceandquran.com/index.htm

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg81699.html#msg81699

Offline franklin4
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2010, 09:03:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well put and nicely done Fight Clapp

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg81753.html#msg81753

Offline johnnn
Silver Member

Thank you43

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

7190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Arado 120 b/ Tesoro.
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2010, 09:28:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

There is one religion that is causing all the death and mayhem to day "and long waits at airports" and have changed "OUR" lives forever ISLAM this religion suffers from toooooooo much radical thought on how we all should live, it is enough to practise being "just a good person thought, word , deed" and leave everyone to their own daily routine, I spent two years in the middle east Algeria and Libya with rank and file and the so called "brains" of the areas, quite frankly they are a discusting bunch and I find we are NOT compatible in almost every aspect of life.....Johnnn

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg81755.html#msg81755

Offline shooter_mcgavin
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none right now
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2010, 09:51:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

i also believe that if ou were born a slave and kept ignorant all your life that you still have a chance for salvation.as for the hundreds of millions that were raised to believe in somthing else i feel that it has alot to do with your soul and theres a chance for everyone no matter the religion if its based on good morality.example you were raised to believe somthing you put everything into it,if you have true faith in it no one can sway your beliefs.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg81769.html#msg81769

Offline Larry B
"Beeping & Digging is all I crave"
Bronze Member

Darn snow snakes! Where'd they go?
"Beeping & Digging is all I crave"
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1040.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Garrett ACE 250, Radio Shack Discovery, Pioneer, Bounty Hunter
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2010, 10:09:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Say what ya'll want about religion, but no one has come back from the dead or has sent me a post card about whats ahead. People have a tendency to need to believe that there is something better than what we have. Instead of enjoying what we were given when we're born, we're not satisfied with what we have so we look for something better when all we have to do is look inside ourselves to improve our lives and of those we love & care about.

So we're to like all folks, & try and live together until we move on to the next phase and treasure hunt in the meantime. When I croak, I'm taking my machines with me. Should make hunting easier since I'll already be "under" the ground.

McIntosh

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2790.msg81775.html#msg81775

Hello from Estancia..

Historic Estancia Valley New Mexico

"The Punkin Chunkin capital of the world"

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Jump to: