[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline CorneliusTopic starter
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands
Referrals: 0

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 03:28:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Is it not amazing Hardluck that we are between a rock and a hard spot . If we want investors for our project  we have to disclose whatever we know . Otherwise no money . But if we tell what we know they do not need us anymore . I have been approached by three , so called , reputal American salvage companies . All of them wanted me to sign a ,, non disclosure ,, document . This meant that I had nothing to say about my own wreck for five years . They called the shots .  Did they realy think I was that stupid ? Evidently they thought so !  So...... no dealings with theses guys . I am still waiting for the right investors that leave me in my value .  Cornelius

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7697.msg58867.html#msg58867

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2009, 04:55:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Cornelius

I wish you every success with your research as you have worked very hard for it. I hope you can find that even rare breed of honest investor that will support you and quest.

My time here is coming to a end soon as I have one last chance to touch the sun, the end game for an old worn out treasure hunter who dreamed so foolishly of fortune and glory so so many years ago.

Hardluck   Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7697.msg59140.html#msg59140

Offline CorneliusTopic starter
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2009, 06:30:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hardluck . I am in the winter of my life too. Lets enjoy the past , as only we can do . The future will take care of itself .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7697.msg59145.html#msg59145

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2009, 06:46:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Cornelius

I toast to that. Great

cheers Hardluck  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7697.msg59149.html#msg59149

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 12:45:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius, thank you for sharing what you have. I definitely have an interest in this story. I need to do a little more map studies of the geography. It took me quite some time to find the area on Google Earth I'm ashamed to say. My knowlege of this part of the world is weak. Was the inland route taken for safety or simply a safe harbor? Bear with my ignorance of the geography please, but I would think one would steer cleer of a pirate town in a ship full of gold.

Sure wish I'd done more than daydream about diving when I was a kid watching Jacques Cousteau on TV  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7697.msg70820.html#msg70820

Offline suparmar
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Malaysia

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

non
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 11:37:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cornelius
Hardluck .  Pascal is in France for a few more months . I talk to him quite often but sofar he has not mentioned a posssible salvage in Italy . And .... if he is making some plans I agree with him not to talk too much about it . Regards  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7697.msg107178.html#msg107178

Offline stentmartin
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Malaysia

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2011, 09:26:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius, if you are still researching this subject I maybe have some information we can share.

I have don research on Flor do Mar for several years and lived in Malacca for some times. I have also built a research and salvage vessel specially for finding Flor do Mar. I have been in the area for 9 years and can go to the wreck site in a few hours. I can finance the search and salvages but there is many legal problems and no one you can trust. The contract and expences you have to pay to the local authorities has no value at all, based on experiences.
They are still pirates. I have friends doing more than 20 salvages in the area and they do not want to have anything to do with the local Indonesian government since they can not be trusted. it is much easier on the Malaysian side but...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7697.msg144510.html#msg144510

Offline golden eagle
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

275.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Discovery tf900, rangerell
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2011, 01:45:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Cornelius,  I have read your thread on this lost treasure ship the Flor do Mar, and assume that you want to locate the precise location of where she sank...yes?

If this location was known, and confirmed by a diving party with suitable magnometers, side scan sonars etc, would you work with with someone like Tony Wells a treasure diver to recover this lost treasure?

locating lost buried or sunken gold is not a hard thing to do now, it is having the funds and the equipment to carry out the recovery operations and having permission from the authorities to do so.

My frustation is always the latter, L.O.F.  LACK OF FUNDS!!

If you were given the GPS location of where this ship was now located, what would you do with this valuable piece of information???

The reason I ask is many people want to know where gold or treasure is located, but do nothing with the information! I have found this out from bitter experience... " You can lead a Horse to water but you cannot make it drink".

There is no point spending my valuable time helping others locate these lost treasures of SE Asia if they do not intend to put thier money where thier mouth is and start a recovery operation is there??

The Locations I give TH are ALWAYS verified by other relevant information that comes from other maps, or third parties that help cement what I have told the TH.

Being an "Academic" and studying the location of buried treasure is a very small part of treasure recovery... Once the FACTS are verified then you MUST go and find these lost treasures...Or you will always wonder..... If only I had go to look!

Do you understand what Iam saying here???

Tony Wells is always looking for lost treasure ships in SE Asia.. he has the ability to find and recover and SELL the gold in Makati, Singapore, Hong Kong etc etc..... You need to know WHY you want to know where this ship is located, and when you do, what ACTION will you take to recover what is onboard her..

I think that this forum should have a team of people that can work together to RECOVER these lost items.. working as a SEARCH AND RECOVERY TEAM instead of trying to reinvent the "Wheel" everytime!!

If you are greedy you will not succeed in treasure hunting. It does not work like that!

If a team came together with a CLEAR Objective to Study, Locate and RECOVER treasure to help humanity then they WOULD succeed!!!!

Individuals doing thier own little bit of research here and there means that they are islolated and will not achieve as much as a group that CAN work together without bickering or fighting each other.

Maybe you think Iam crazy... NO I have worked with greedy men in the Philippines on projects.. They have FAILED because of GREED...

Cornelius,

You need to know WHY you want the Flor do Mar... and when you find her and her wealth what you intend to do with hundreds of millions of dollars to get for her cargo......GREED or for the betterment of humanity?? knowing the precise location and placing her position on a map and storing the map away for another 30 years is not the solution is it??

Goldeneagle

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7697.msg163319.html#msg163319

Offline TonyWells
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

U/W Metal Detectors
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2011, 07:03:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Huh? Excuse me, Golden Eagle, but WHO are you and WHY you're using my name like that on this forum? Do we know each other? BTW - I'm not a 'treasure diver'. I'm much more than that my friend.
TW

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7697.msg163328.html#msg163328

Offline suparmar
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Malaysia

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

non
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2011, 02:38:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here is one of the many reasons why the Flor de la Mar did not sink near or around Aru.

From The Suma Oriental of Tome Pires: An Account of the East, from the Red Sea to Japan, Written in Malacca and India in 1512-1515, and The Book of ... of a Voyage (Hakluyt Society Second Series) by Armando Cortesao

Page 146       Tome Pires

A Moorish knight. He often goes to sea to pillage. He is the son in law to the king of Aru. He brought in (?) the ship Flor de la Mar which was wrecked in a storm off the coast of his counter, and they say he recovered everything water could not spoil, wherefore they say he is very rich. From what they say this Tomjano is rather wealthy. This Tamjano is often at war in the hinterland. Sometimes he fights with his father in law, sometimes with Pase, and he helps whichever he sees to be the stronger, and he receives(something) from them all. They say the kings of Bata (batar) have always had this habit. (end of 1st para)

(He could not have brought the Flor in, it had sunk. What he could have brought in would be the 4th ship in the expeditation, the Junk. When the Javanese saw the Flor in trouble, they killed many of the Portuguese on board and sailed to Aru. It was estimates that the lost was between 50,000 to 80,000 ducats.   
Armando Cortes?o in his footnotes on the same page has indicated where the Flor sank although he got the date wrong. See below - suparmar   )

After the conquest of Malacca, Albuquerque sailed back to India, with a small fleet of four ships, on 1 Dec, on board the Frol de la Mar (Flower of the Sea). When the ships were sailing along the north-east coast of Pase they were caught in a fierce storm and the Frol de la Mar, an old ship, was wrecked on some shoals, with great loss of life and all the treasures brought from Malacca. Albuquerque himself escaped with utmost difficulty. The chronicles do not quite agree upon the place where the Frol de la Mar was wrecked, but Albuquerque himself says in his letter of 20th Aug. 1512, written from Cochin to the King of Portugal, that Frol de la Mar was wrecked near Pase. Cartas, 1,67

suparmar

Posted on: April 17, 2011, 02:00:55 PM

Here is another reason why the Flor did not sink near Aru. Remember(do your research) Albuquerque's sole purpose then was to to do his duty to the King and thus he would not lie to his king in his letters.

1512 - 20th August, cartes Vol 1

Lord. - ........................ In other letter your highness ask about how many available ships I had in India and how many I have now. What I have to say, lord, is that in India were Frol de la Mar, the Cirne, the Rey Gramde, the Rumessa; these were ships with dimensions already known by your highness. .....................

I also left men in Cananor and Cochim as reinforcements; to sail to Malaca I just took with me the Frol de la Mar, the taforeia and the three naus which were of Diogo Mendes, sailing to their true destiny according to their contract, and the nau emxobregas; and I took with me five new naus from Goa, the two caravelinhas and the bretam and the two galleys; the minor galley armed with the large bombard wich Sim?o Martins refused to throw away by my command in Cochim, and copper which Sim?o Martins received in Cochim as a reward, which he loaded in the cabe?as of the galley, the galley was weaken at sea near Ceylon, and he throw away all the oakum because it became decomposed; we rescued all the people and the galley was abandoned right there; the taforeia was cut up near the hill of Malaca because she had become decomposed: Frol de la Mar was wrecked Near Pacee; and coming to India where I was counting to find the fleet I left there being repaired, ...................

suparmar

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7697.msg163697.html#msg163697

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: