[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Chuck The MinerTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold Bug
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:26:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

"Florida Isolated Finds Form -- IMPORTANT!"

Those of you that visit other scuba and treasure forums please distribute the below information so people aren't caught napping. Thank You. Matt Mattson

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login Be careful! They will catch a lot of people napping by discontinuing the Isolated Finds forms . . .
May 25, 2005

Dear Friends of Florida Archaeology:

The Florida Historical Commission, at its May 21, 2005 meeting, considered three options regarding the Isolated Finds Program currently operated by the Division of Historical Resources. The Commission reviewed input received since its last meeting on April 7, 2005 and heard testimony from interested parties. The options considered were identified by the Bureau of Archaeological Research, namely: 1) discontinue the Isolated Finds Program, with no substitute program to take its place; 2) formalize the existing Isolated Finds Program guidelines as an agency rule with little or no modification; 3) develop a new permit-based program for river collecting formalized by the rule making process. The Commission, acting in its statutorily constituted role to provide assistance, advice, and recommendations to the Division in establishing priorities for the identification, acquisition, protection, and preservation of historic and archaeological sites and properties (? 267.0612, Florida Statutes), unanimously supported Option 1, and recommended that the Division discontinue the Isolated Finds Program.
The Division and Bureau of Archaeological Research have reviewed and accepted the recommendation of the Florida Historical Commission. Beginning June 1, 2005, the Division will discontinue the Isolated Finds Program (see ? 267.115(9), Florida Statutes, which states that ?the division may implement a program to administer finds of isolated historic artifacts from state-owned river bottoms whereby the division may transfer ownership of such artifacts to the finder in exchange for information about the artifacts and the circumstances and location of their discovery?). Removal of artifacts from sovereign submerged lands will no longer be allowed after that date; removal of artifacts from river bottoms and other sovereign submerged lands will be a first degree misdemeanor under ? 267.13(1)(a), Florida Statutes. The Division will accept Isolated Finds reporting forms through July 1, 2005. For additional information visit the Isolated Finds Program website at:

Please Register or Login.
Please note that all data reported through the Isolated Finds Program since 1996 is open to scholars and other interested individuals for public inspection. Further, the Division encourages artifact collectors to work with interested scholars to record their collections in lieu of the Isolated Finds Program.
Please feel free to submit any comments or questions in writing or by e-mail.

Sincerely,

Ryan J. Wheeler, Ph.D.
State Archaeologist and Chief,
Bureau of Archaeological Research

E-mail: rjwheeler@dos.state.fl.us

Guys -- please help by taking a trip around the web to the various forums and either post my letter below or one of your own similar with all the senator's email addresses -- anyone from any state can email on this and should! When you get a Florida Senator's autoresponder with their private or local address -- please take the time to copy your email, slip it into an envelope, and mail it to at least one senator -- they are very unused to this happening and count every letter done this way as 1000 votes . . . Important to spread the word and put the pressure on to get the form back -- or we are all criminals.

June 4 2005

Mr. Ryan J. Wheeler
State Archaeologist and Chief
Bureau of Archaeological Research
rjwheeler@dos.state.fl.us

Dear Mr. Wheeler,

I see that you have adopted a recommendation by the Florida Historical Commission to discontinue the Isolated Finds Program which allowed citizens a legal and secure way to report historic finds from river bottoms throughout the state. I note under the program it is the state's option to keep the find or return it -- no fee paid. Seems a pretty fair deal to me. I wonder if the State Senators on this list realize they've just made 2 million + divers who visit Florida every year law enforcement victims of petty archaeologists who simply cannot sit still for anyone finding anything without a degree . . . They had a legal means of reporting any significant finds -- now -- finds will simply be unreported, the find won't be logged, the site of the find will be unknown to the state, the citizenry will be unwilling to work with the state -- and everyone loses.

I wonder if the State Senators wish to be prosecuted for picking up an old Fanta or Coke bottle (50 years old).

I respectfully ask the Senators on this list to have the Division and Bureau of Archaeological Research continue with the Isolated Finds Form in perpetuity -- or -- start the wheels in motion to cut funding for the Division and Bureau of Archaeological Research. This is the program in question -- and the one that should be preserved so the citizenry can work with the state:

Please Register or Login

As a side note on archaeologists -- and I have known many -- I have never known a single one that did not have significant artifacts in their personal possession and collection at home . . . Not a single one. And now -- we are opening prosecution of citizens for picking up anything from rusted square nails to old Coke bottles -- and don't let anyone tell you this isn't the road we're on by discontinuing that form.

Sincerely,

Matt Mattson

P.O. Box 5226
Spring Hill, Fl 34611
flagold@gate.net

CC: file
alexander.jd.web@flsenate.gov
argenziano.nancy.web@flsenate.gov
aronberg.dave.web@flsenate.gov
atwater.jeff.web@flsenate.gov
bennett.mike.web@flsenate.gov
bullard.larcenia.web@flsenate.gov
campbell.walter.web@flsenate.gov
carlton.lisa.web@flsenate.gov
clary.charlie.web@flsenate.gov
constantine.lee.web@flsenate.gov
cowin.anna.web@flsenate.gov
crist.victor.web@flsenate.gov
dawson.mandy.web@flsenate.gov
portilla.alex.web@flsenate.gov
dockery.paula.web@flsenate.gov
fasano.mike.web@flsenate.gov
garcia.rudy.web@flsenate.gov
geller.steven.web@flsenate.gov
haridopolos.mike.web@flsenate.gov
hill.anthony.web@flsenate.gov
jones.dennis.web@flsenate.gov
king.james.web@flsenate.gov
klein.ron.web@flsenate.gov
lawson.alfred.web@flsenate.gov
lee.tom.web@flsenate.gov
lynn.evelyn.web@flsenate.gov
margolis.gwen.web@flsenate.gov
miller.lesley.web@flsenate.gov
peaden.durell.web@flsenate.gov
posey.bill.web@flsenate.gov
pruitt.ken.web@flsenate.gov
saunders.burt.web@flsenate.gov
sebesta.jim.web@flsenate.gov
siplin.gary.web@flsenate.gov
smith.rod.web@flsenate.gov
schultz.debbie.web@flsenate.gov
wilson.frederica.web@flsenate.gov
wise.stephen.web@flsenate.gov

________________________________________________________________________________________
I anchored this topic and archived the last one to keep this one clean so people can copy and post it on other forums or email it. All responses to the old topic are below, and if you want to reply to this one -- simply start a new topic on it -- I will be leaving shortly, so it is up to you folks to carry the water and get the word out. GOOD LUCK!

Printer-friendly page | Top
michael34786
unregistered user
06-03-05, 09:12 AM (MDT)

1. "RE: Florida Isolated Finds Form -- IMPORTANT!"
In response to message #0

Damm, I hate those forms, you know how many forms I have to fill out for just my pulltabs.

Kent
Member since 3-13-05
33 posts 06-03-05, 10:54 AM (MDT)

2. "RE: Florida Isolated Finds Form -- IMPORTANT!"
In response to message #1

Good old F.S. 267. Been a couple of years since I`ve read through it. Looks like that`s it. `...removal of artifacts from river bottoms and OTHER SOVEREIGN SUBMERGED LANDS...`(don`t rule out surface finds either). Kinda covers all the bases. Now read up on what the State considers an `artifact` in some of the links. Yup...even the word `coin` pops up. It`s sad to see this happen. Think of the 1000`s of people that collect shells,rocks,fossils,points,shark teeth,bits of bone,petrified wood and such. Think of all the information that will not be shared by forcing collectors completely underground. What a loss for ALL of us...not just the State. Expect the FWC (Florida Wildlife Commission) to enforce this with a heavy hand.

Marv
unregistered user
06-03-05, 05:22 PM (MDT)

3. "RE: Florida Isolated Finds Form -- IMPORTANT!"
In response to message #1

A very interesting thought. Mike if every one in Florida that owned a detector filled out an isolated form for finding a very rare pop top could we insist that the State investigate every one reported? HMMMMM I wonder.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams, speech at the Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,708.msg4700.html#msg4700

Good luck and may your face mask never leak, your wet suit never tears and the bottom of your pan always show gold.

Chuck The Miner

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 12:55:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I saw this on another site earlier this year and sent the letters to all the senators.  I think I got 6 replies ... lol ... think they were busy voting themselves pay raises.  I will also set this as a sticky topic so it stays at the top so anyone interested can find it easily

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,708.msg4715.html#msg4715

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 12:58:44 pm by toolboxdiver »

Toolbox's Diver Down
Commercial and Scuba Diving Service
Underwater Prospecting & Treasure Hunter

Please Register or Login

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 02:53:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great idea.  We should keep this where it is easily vivible.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,708.msg4724.html#msg4724

Stringfrenzy

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 02:33:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks String...Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,708.msg4790.html#msg4790

Toolbox's Diver Down

Please Register or Login

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 02:35:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No problem. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,708.msg4793.html#msg4793

Stringfrenzy

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 01:57:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the information.

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,708.msg4899.html#msg4899

Offline cptbil
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

379.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 08:32:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

WELL! FOLKS !
This should certainly put an end to any questions about how far our Govt. or Govt Agency(s) will go to destory "OUR RIGHTS"
AND!
To Impose it's Authority upon us!
AND GRAB! For Themselves!   Angry
I was once called, "Paranoid" on a Treasure Forum,  I can't remember on which forum it was ...
But!
That was BEFORE  I posted  "The West Texas Weapons Cache"  Topic which I  "posted" on that Forum!
That "Forum Topic "   caused me to have a 10:25AM "Visit" To My Remote (   :Smiley  ) Country Home, from a Group of Govt. Agents, Consisting of :
Tx. State Police   Tongue
FBI    Tongue
and
The ATF!   Tongue
I posted details of this "Visit" on the That ? Forum .
Right after it happened !
That, Only to have, caused the "Topic" to be Removed (Request by Uncle Sam) by the "Forum Owners" !
Who said that there's "Freedom of The Press" !    Angry
Thank God! and the Founding Fathers, for The Second Amendment     Cheesy
AND! Please Remember ......
IT IS A "RIGHT" Granted to us by The US Constitution
AND Please Remember ...IT IS A "RIGHT" !
AND!
As A "Right" !
It cannot be removed w/o OUR PERMISSION! or Lack of BACK BONE

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,708.msg4943.html#msg4943

Cptbil & Bugs

Offline Chuck The MinerTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold Bug
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 11:55:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

People in Florida, if you really want to help in a big way, get off your rump and VOTE!!!! You not only Help yourself but all of us. Ours guys are dying so we can continue to Vote and be free!! Send A message Loud and clear.

Good luck and may your face mask never leak, your wet suit never tears and the bottom of your pan always shows gold, and the Treasure you find you can keep.

Chuck The Miner

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,708.msg5290.html#msg5290

« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:19:08 am by Chuck The Miner »

Good luck and may your face mask never leak, your wet suit never tears and the bottom of your pan always show gold.

Chuck The Miner

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 03:35:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Great point Chuck, Voting is our Right and if you do not exercise your Right to Vote...Smiley...don't complain

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,708.msg5294.html#msg5294

Toolbox's Diver Down

Please Register or Login

Offline travis
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites-PI1000-2000
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 01:44:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi my name is tom yerian, I want to say you all are so misguided. There is going to be no fairness coming no matter what you say, or plead. The chance for any hope came and went years ago;forget about it!!! Thumbs Down
Best suggestion:
1. Fu.. the law; Police absolute: I am sure you see, on a national level, how those in charge at all levels in this country put us in this economic situation.We need not worry about,"The Law". Great It is always used against us Thumbs Down. We can't win unless were are worth a couple of hundred million dollars,so ;fu.. the law!!! Police [down]The Important thing is , don't get caught!!!! Great
2.Never,ever, cooperate with Archeologists or public officials; They are your enemy! So don't be stupid;  [crazy]they depend on that, you know.
3.Form groups,clicks among yourselves. Under mine the authorities any way you can, be missleading over the radios!They listen, you know.Run them ragged. The water cops have very limited budgets, make em use em!
4.There are more  of us than them.!!! Devil Devil Devil
5.If you cooperate, you will lose all you find, so keep it quiet [great]Duh Crazy

See ya .....Capt. Tom.. Detecting Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,708.msg22283.html#msg22283

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: