[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hunter Pete
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Heathkit, Magnetometer, XP Deus, Recording Magnetic Field Hot Spots
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2010, 05:31:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

I feel that there are quite a few anomalies e.g. mole hills that lead you up the garden path.  However, with practice these can be eliminated with the metal detector.  I guess that hoardes are the rarity so a little experience has to be rewarded with persistance which is better than trying to cover every square foot by criss crossing and hours of swing-walking.  Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg102006.html#msg102006

Investing in people is more rewarding than investing in things

Offline haygrazer52
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1265x ,tesoro saber,fisher 2 box
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2010, 09:49:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i think I'M going to get into this infrared photography. you can buy some of those older digital cameras that are still in working order, and,they are IR sensitive,at a pretty cheap price.ir filters looks like you can them for about $15 dollars a pop,so,even if you can not find a aura with one ,it will be interesting to do land scape IR photography,and, maybe a person might get lucky.i don't think it will be a waste of money.i won't starve over it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg102435.html#msg102435

Offline csharp
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2010, 03:07:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi

It's a scam, all " David " is doing is advertising his book of scams to steal your money.

regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg102453.html#msg102453

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2010, 02:00:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by csharp
Hi

It's a scam, all " David " is doing is advertising his book of scams to steal your money.

regards

Very true. Cameras of all types can only "see" and record reflected light or generated light. They cannot "see" into the ground unless there is a source of light there which can penetrate the ground and reach the camera film or sensor array. Gold does not emit light. If anyone else tells you it does, they are trying to make you believe in fairy tales.

The problem with this kind of scam is that it reaches in and touches the primal need of survival. We all need some level of wealth in this world to survive. If you can find gold, you can have wealth in great abundance for very little work effort. Mention gold and the eyes of your listeners shift to you waiting for your next words. Mention finding it for very little work and you could die for that knowledge. Nothing's changed over the past tens of thousands of years. Men and women still lust for gold. They still steal gold. They still kill for gold. This scam is playing on those attributes of greed.

You want gold? You'll believe a lot of nonsense if it is presented in the right way. Scammers learn how to present it and the weak pay the price.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg102555.html#msg102555

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2010, 07:52:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh woe is me! I haz been skammed?? Twenty US dollars down for that e-book down the dunny? I shall die in abject poverty and shame!(NOT) OH WOEEE! Tongue

Come on David...the gauntlet has been thrown down. The methods you prescribed did not work for me and others. Some have called you a scammer. Can we get any input from you?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg102640.html#msg102640

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline csharp
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2010, 10:50:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hi Hobbyist,

sorry to hear that you got scammed.

there are Authorities that you can complain to on the net, you could also list his business, website and name on scambusters website.

your offer for him to reply is doubt full (  :Smiley but you already thought that )

regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg102646.html#msg102646

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2010, 11:18:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dear Csharp,

Grin No worries dude. My expectations were not high when I purchased that e-book. It is an affordable loss made on a willing-buyer/willing-seller basis. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I say. For that same reason I have been detecting and digging fruitless holes all these years. One may say there's a bit of a gambler in every t-hunter. We wager our time, money, personal safety and sweat in hopes of a prize worth keeping.

In this gold aura scenario, it's a minimal-cost/effort loss and I'll leave it at that. As I am not a scientist and the only law of physics that I know is the Law of Gravity (thru painful falls), I do not possess the means to factually call David's book a scam or to report him as a scammer. All I can say is: It Didn't Work For Me.

Before I forget, NOTE TO HAYGRAZER52: Not all modern digital cameras are insensitive to infra-red. I just bought a Panasonic Lumix FT2 (named the TS2 in the North American market), and it can "see" my tv remote flashing away. Great camera, crappy bundled software.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg102647.html#msg102647

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline haygrazer52
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1265x ,tesoro saber,fisher 2 box
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2010, 01:24:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

thank's for the information hobbyist.i will that a look at this camera on the internet tonight .i still think this infrared stuff would be fun to play with .in forensic and  crime scene stuff,law enforement use these kind of cameras to see things that the human eye cannot.this kinda reminds me of the old black light that you could use in a dark room or cellar and see finger prints,or,see things moved around.i know one treasure hunter that used this method when he did indoor work. karl von muller,he used to write articles in the true treasure magzines back in the 1960's, or maybe it might have been lost treasure.anyway its to far back to remember.maybe if we  keep looking we will find somthing that will work one day.  good luck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg102651.html#msg102651

Offline barton
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ground Penetrating Radar, Pulse Induction
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2010, 04:31:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Locating Treasure Auras With A Camera:

Davids book lays out in detail how to locate a cache using a camera.  I feel it is an excellent book well worth your time to read.

The only people he has scammed, are those too lazy to read or follow the method he teaches.

Nine out of ten individuals who complain --are simply the ones who do not follow the directions he gives, or too lazy to even try!

If you want a new tool to recover those caches you have been looking for why not give it an honest try.

I have and that is why I can tell David; when I get over to England again I would like to spend the day with him and buy him dinner.

Barton

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg107047.html#msg107047

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2010, 04:57:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A while back I did a experiment with IR.

Equipment:

IR source: TV remote control .

Detector: A cheapo WEB camera.

Hypothesis:   Sense NASA uses Gold Flash on helmet visors to reflect IR Radiation, I should be able to detect IR Reflect of Gold.

Gold Source:  My 14K Wedding Ring.

In this short video you can clearly see the IR with the Camera.

At first I placed the ring on a sheet of Aluminum Foil.

You can clearly see the IR reflecting around the ring on the foil.

Next I placed the Ring on a IR absorbing material.  (MY BLUE COUCH) HA!

Again, I tried to observe IR reflections of the Ring.

You can clearly see The 14K gold produces NO RELFECTION.

Deduction:   I was wrong.  Gold does NOT reflect IR but Absorbs it.

Please Register or Login

http://s371.photobucket.com/albums/oo160/berquistj/?action=view&current=IRTEST.flv

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg107058.html#msg107058

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:04:13 pm by homefire »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 49   Go Up
Jump to: