[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline pekka
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Finland
Referrals: 0

6.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2010, 02:57:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I do agree...
digital cameras cannot see buried gold nor golds aura..
This topic has been started maybe to only to sell books.... Angry
Pekka

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg118025.html#msg118025

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2010, 02:59:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi DailyDigger

We all understand that you are having a talk show and that you are not saying whether they work or not but this camera taking photos of gold and hidden treasure in my opinion is false what I understand  is that there can be an IR contamination due to poor filters on the camera and thats why it will not occur on the more expensive models but rather on the cheaper ones. Thats how I understand it but then I could be all wrong.

Regards Xavier   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg118026.html#msg118026

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2010, 08:24:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Digital camera sensors, or CCDs (Charge Coupled Devices), are sensitive to light in a variety of spectra from infrared to ultraviolet. As an experiment, take your digital camera and any TV or DVD remote control. Turn the camera on and aim it at the remote. Press the On/Off button and watch the flash in the camera image. Thus your camera or cell phone camera can be a quick and dirty test for an infrared remote control.

These so called auras can easily be explained as lens artifacts from the sun or a light source being at an oblique angle to the lens. There's nothing mystical about them and they are definitely not auras from gold or some other ectoplasmic phenomenon. They are light. Nothing more, nothing less. That you can't see it without the camera is no mystery. It's physics. But you can suddenly "see" the light from your remote control using your camera's CCD sensor. Again, no miracle or mystery. Just physics.

Gold doesn't give off an aura. Heat it and it might give off a tiny bit of infrared energy. But no aura. End of discussion.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg118064.html#msg118064

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2010, 08:53:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Back in the early 70's [damn I am old] I had a partner who was a big time photo guy. He used infrared film from plane at a 1000 ft or so close to dark to help us find old roads trails and streets in ghost towns It worked pretty good as we found a race track that was several miles from were everyone thought it was. While Skip was researching infrared he meet several groups that thought they could use it to see gold auras over several years they took 1000's of pictures no gold recovery no silver

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg118069.html#msg118069

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2010, 08:58:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Old roads and foundations have a physical reason that they give off a different infrared signature. They contain rotting things or they don't, depending on composition. A stone foundation or road is colder than the surrounding area, infrared wise. Vegetation gives off infrared during the photosynthesis process. Trees can even give out a burst of it when they're being attacked by a mold or spores. With an airborne platform, they can find old, buried ruins and stuff from the differences in temperature. Light, by the way, has a temperature measured in Kelvins.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg118070.html#msg118070

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2010, 05:32:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for clearing all that up GD by the way I was wondering how many Kelvins you are emitting (bright spark)  Smiley

Regards Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg118101.html#msg118101

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2010, 08:24:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by xavier
Thanks for clearing all that up GD by the way I was wondering how many Kelvins you are emitting (bright spark)  Smiley

Regards Xavier

It all depends on how many cups of coffee I've had.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg118128.html#msg118128

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2010, 08:57:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Grin Grin OK a bit like an (o%d) diesel engine in the morning then. Cough, cough, Fart, fart but once it's well warmed up there's nothing to stop it but then it also depends on the quality of the coffee  Wink

Regards Xavier 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg118133.html#msg118133

Xavier

Offline husoasil
Pull Tab

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Azerbaijan

442.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2010, 12:37:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by barton

In my personal collection of photos I have pictures of the treasure auras caught on camera, shooting over the tops of trees, coming out of the sides of mountains and shooting up out of the ground--the camera was pointed at the ground--no flash--digital camera--and the beam of light could be easily seen shooting up out of the ground.  I have taken photos of the treasure aura--while walking--and the poition of the treasure aura remained fixed--while my angle to the colored light was constantly changing as I walked.

Barton

Hi Barton, can you past some photos or video  from your collection,
  I believe that when gold released its ION or electrostatic from many depth  they sees in the air and    reflect from sunlight or IR of different waves, so sometimes sees with eyes or with the IR camera(550nm-950nm).
This IONs sometimes can find with Ferrite absorbativ method or LRL.

Best Regard....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg124413.html#msg124413

Offline Thorsbolt
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2010, 10:52:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi all- regarding David Villanuevas' online book, I bought it and applied the techniques and equipment exactly as outlined. I have now taken hundreds of pics at highly varied locations, terrain, conditions and time.
I have yet to see absolutely any results.
It is claimed in the book that iron and aluminum will yield auras also.
I have not gotten one from these metals and we all know how prevalent these are
in many of the areas we work. I have dug up large pieces of iron, uncovered pipes found by pulse, that had been photographed several times before using the technique.

Speaking with my friend, Bob Fitzgerald, he tells me he helped develop the technique way back, and that he NEVER got auras from iron. He mentioned that if we did, the pictures would be clouded with auras practically everywhere the camera is pointed. Imagine a city scene photographed using the setup, simply a digital camera with an infra red filter attached.
This is done all the time and examples can be found easily. No auras are found in any of them.

Emailing David regarding this point has yet to yield a response.

I suspect that there may be some photoshop involved in some or all of the the examples given in his manual.

The "David" writing in this forum, is no doubt Mr. Villanueva himself, hawking his wares.
This is why the requests for setup or technique are not answered, except with further advertisement for the book.

As I understand it, there is some truth to the technique, but may involve more specialized and expensive equipment.

I look forward to hearing of any successes anyone has had with this technique, specifically for actual auras, as opposed to seeing such things as terrain  or other anomalies, which have been known for quite some time.   

Posted on: November 17, 2010, 10:31:50 AM
This photo shows a phenomena that shows up regularly in IR photgraphy. It is called a hotspot and is due to relatively close up pics where the filter, curvature of the lens and reflectivity of the surfaces photgraphed, yield an illuminated section in the center of the picture. The color of this section is likely altered using retouching, but the effect matches this description from my experience.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg126456.html#msg126456

Print
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 49   Go Up
Jump to: