[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2010, 07:12:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Why would I kid about Teflon tape, that had certain property's. It reminded me something out of an old Roswell film. it was the process that was involved making it that blew my mind away. I also have looked at long range locators based on ionization. The reason I think they are hokey is you have to add or create a polarity to get the reading. Basically these machines are either drawing positive ions from the gold cache or charging the gold to get a reading. The same technology is used in lasers. Yes I have had the opportunity in working with industrial grade lasers. Everything from Viet Nam era Fanuc controls to modern day German made macines..

I do think the use of light will be the next best detector. Probably not something in our field of vision.

The energy generated by a laser, wether it be a toy or something above that, can be monitored. It has to be in ones used to cut steel and such. I have to wonder what kind of low grade field can be generated to react with gold in the ground, but not cause heat? Too many unknowns.

There has always been technology around us we don't see because we are not supposed to see it. Modern day technologies you wont see would include gunshot sensors in major citys. The use of cell phones was being used by the military during the Viet Nam era, and a lot of modern day technology's come from that, like GPS.

I was lucky where I was at, that I was exposed to some neat operations. I see young people everyday wasting their lives and just being a slave to the bank and state they live in. Stay in school America, or wear shirt that has your name on it for the rest of your life.

Posted on: December 12, 2010, 06:47:23 PM
To answer why I think if dowsing, or lrl is real or not. In gold detecting, in the past gold was found, where it has always been found. TODAY, dowsing and lrl, is looking for caches of gold, long buried, as I read about them. Can dowsing a site, say as your local park help before you detect coins? No, but after reading about dowsing, and finding they use a search pattern to increase their finds, I can say dowsing techniques could be used in Metal Detecting. The same goes either way, you have an idea on how you will look and what you are looking for. Have you ever wondered how many meteorites you have walked right over while detecting or dowsing? Meteorites are much more valuable, and most people wouldn't know what one looked like if they held it in their hand. Try using a dowsing search pattern to metal detect an open field. You wont be disappointed.

To prove my point before I posted. I went to a park that had a below ground pool. The pool is filled with dirt now, and the park has not been used for say 35 years. I know there is coins there as I searched it recently doing a spot test to see if it was worth detecting.

My spot test took about an hour. 5 holes were dug producing 4 pennys. I worked a grid, in a straight line, 2 feet from the edge of the concrete nest to the pool. NOTE: 5 holes = 1 hour.

Today when I returned I walked from one corner diagonally to the next corner. It produced a quarter, and several shards of a jar that rings up silver. They were not found against a known walkway, but in the center of the field. NOTE: 5 holes = five minutes.

That is right "five minutes". In a quarter of the time I have searched the entire area it would take to grid out the same park. I read about this technique on a dowsing site, and it did increase my finds. Which one would you use? I know I missed some targets, but I know where the park is if I get skunked later.

Hope this helps. I like pictures and results when people post. I only listen to proven treasure hunters, not someone with a book to sell.

My detector was set to find silver coins, or penny's both times. I encourage you to try this technique, then post your observation here.

Good Luck, happy Hunting.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg131596.html#msg131596

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #211 on: December 13, 2010, 03:48:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by casca
Why would I kid about Teflon tape, that had certain property's. It reminded me something out of an old Roswell film. it was the process that was involved making it that blew my mind away. I also have looked at long range locators based on ionization. The reason I think they are hokey is you have to add or create a polarity to get the reading. Basically these machines are either drawing positive ions from the gold cache or charging the gold to get a reading. The same technology is used in lasers. Yes I have had the opportunity in working with industrial grade lasers. Everything from Viet Nam era Fanuc controls to modern day German made macines..

There is just so much wrong with this that I don't know where to begin. Lasers are nothing you understand, clearly. Gold does NOT have an ionic state in nature and Teflon tape is not secret.

I can't even stand to read the rest. Your first paragraph is absolute poppycock.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg131642.html#msg131642

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2010, 08:51:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ill just post pictures from now on. Where did i put my crayons. I tend to break things down to simple forms, as I just cant spell well. Thanks for the input.

Posted on: December 13, 2010, 08:37:42 PM
You cant play with my crayons anymore.

I used teflon as it was an ingredient. Not the meat of the meaterial. Mylar is a more appropiate description, but my brain doesnt work light its supposed too. You can find mylar in between ac/dc motor windings if its still used that way. The tape was made for extreme enviorments, and a trade secret, so you are correct teflon tape is not secret or new.

My other statement had to do with the way detectors interact with things in the ground. Im no scientist. I had been watching videos of people taking pictures with a detector. How a magnetic field reacts to whats in the ground, I see the items are measured by how it conducts eletricity. Certain lasers use positively charged light, ions. I could be wrong, and need to go back to square one.

I only made mention to add to the forum. There is some really smart people on here. I enjoy the post, even if you think Im full of it.

You know what my job was in the process of the tape. I pushed a red and a green button. I sat on a stool and pushed a button once an hour. I had alot of time to look around and ask questions. I was 17, and that was over 30 years ago. So Im out of date.

Sorry about the post, Ill keep it simple. But it doesnt like one word post.

Happy Hunting 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg131773.html#msg131773

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2010, 02:47:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good example should have just let this post drop. Amoung heat there is radiation and other factors the shields deal with also in space.

Posted on: December 14, 2010, 02:39:22 AM
Ever wonder why the Hubble Telescope Failed, heres part of the report:

Materials Engineering
Branch HST Observations
? Multi Layer Insulation Cracks
? SM1: obvious damage only on anti-solar side
? SM2:
? more than 100 obvious cracks
? severe cracking on both solar and anit-solar side
? some cracks curled
? Silver Teflon Tape on radiator surfaces
showed dark streaks

The tape I help make was red, and went inside. I did not make any tape for the hubble telescope.

Please Register or Login

http://see.msfc.nasa.gov/fliexp_workshop/HST%20MLI_Jackie%20Townsend.pdf

complete with pictures and all.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg131820.html#msg131820

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2010, 03:27:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Unbelievable. Your posts are becoming incoherent and irrelevant to this thread. They now have nothing to do with the allegation that cameras can see gold buried in the ground. Which of course, they cannot.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg131901.html#msg131901

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2010, 05:02:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

A thousand apologies being off topic or incoherent. I was upset and trying to make reason out of some things. Mostly how do you see gold in the ground?

A dont believe a camera alone can do this. It would need help. A simple test by Homefire I believe showed IR has no effect. I was trying to figure a way to make metal or gold react so it could be detected by a detector or camera.

I will leave the Military experiments with Magnetic Fields out of this one.

I have some great ideas inspired by the members post here. Super links.

My brother and I will be building a pull behind coil for meteorites.

Dont try to undertsand everything I say, as I dont understand somethings I say.

I will be limiting my post and monitoring only pertinent boards.

I see things as either science, or majic.

In the last few weeks I have been bombarded with meteorite hunting, prospecting, and detecting. I have done some reading online and there are machines that dont take pictures but suposedly can find gold from a distance. Then there is dowsing and solar flares, and now we have cameras that take pictures of auroras.

Im for anyway that works. I just cant do the camera thing due to lack of film. Has anyone on here recreated the film trick yet?

So again a thousand apologies. I have local experts who can help me with some ideas I have. It wont cloud the boards up.

This is a great topic. Dont think I not above getting photoshop and tearing my pics apart layer by layer in hopes I can recreate the gold claims.

Im not above waiting for a solar flare, with a magnometer, eating an ice cream in the desert, with my bucket of black sand, with magnet on a stick checking rocks for meteorites. Im just building a information base, and I thank you for that. Did not mean to confuse people with lasers, tape, and the such.

Now if you all can put up with me, Im ready to go. I dont care where, I dont care what, as long as it falls into looking for treasure. If your in my area, I would love to learn a little.

Happy Hunting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg131916.html#msg131916

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2010, 12:49:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

I can certainly understand being overwhelmed with information. It happens to everyone here. With more than 10,000 registered users, each of whom have made at least 5 posts, that's a lot of reading to do.

The detection of gold in the ground has been done already. That's using the techniques in metal detectors and other detectors that impart energy into the gold or at the gold in some way. GPR, for example, sends a strong pulse into the ground and gold reflects it. So does a rock. And a wall. And a round rock.

A metal detector sends out a magnetic field, energizing the gold for a few milliseconds and causing eddy currents to be set up on the surface of the object. Depending on the type of detector in use, it becomes a "fly in the ointment" to a perfect signal with no metal in the field. It's complicated how some detectors can give you an indication that an object is gold and not steel.

Unfortunately (and I do mean that), gold cannot be sensed by a camera while the gold is underground. Put it on the surface, and it will see it just like it will see an ant or a discarded glove.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg132029.html#msg132029

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2010, 01:08:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, I have found an example of the many detectors available at:

Please Register or Login

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=main&file=main.dat

In the forums section there is very good technical information DIY, and equipment from all over the world.

This amount of information would have discouraged me if I were to attempt it at first.

Most questions I have can be found here in the advance search bar HERE, or forums like the above posted.

The information is outstanding and has produced results for me, saved me money, but no so much humiliation.

In the end, you still got to go do it.

Thanks again for the help.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg132031.html#msg132031

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2010, 03:42:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by casca

Please Register or Login

In the forums section there is very good technical information DIY, and equipment from all over the world.

Do notice that Carl, the forum's owner, chooses his words carefully. Never does he indicate that the LRLs on his site are items that work. He only says you should investigate them and that his will work as well as any on the market. If you read that as I do, they don't work because the marketed LRLs do not work.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg132136.html#msg132136

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2010, 04:19:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here ya go, a working model.

Please Register or Login

http://www.imaging1.com/thermal/monocular14.html

If I were to destroy a perfectly good camera. It would be to concentrate on the lense, take pictures at night, and use an older version of photoshop.

This sight probably works in the far ir range, which also has many view propertys list for near ir photography.

Im sure there is something on the market, and will tell you from experience that IR will show bedrock, holes in ground, packed earth and the such.

Happy Hunting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg132140.html#msg132140

Print
Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 49   Go Up
Jump to: