[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2010, 02:28:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Any of us U.K'rs or Aussies remember "Spot the ball"Huh?Huh???  Cheesy Cheesy

And just because I'm bored.......

Hey......... this could become a new site competition "spot the gold"....... someone could maybe win something from the shop!

Now...... can we see photos of what was actually ..... ahem...... found?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121721.html#msg121721

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

spottheball1.jpg
spottheball2.jpg
spottheball3.jpg

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:57:50 am by Paul A »
Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2010, 06:10:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi golddigger;

Here's the thing. Go back and look at my posts and Seldom's post and tell me who is being hateful.

I am likely the only LRL user that has tried many times to prove the other side's points. I wanted to know how people got "stuck" at that level.

Hell, I was there for many years. I  almost stay on the hunt, I love it. I don't promote people spending money on Lrls , it's their decision.

I've been accused of "starting trouble here", HOW by telling what I see??? Standing up to the bullies that have an idea so wedged in their minds they want everybody to think like that?  I'm not going to let them get by without me saying something.

I know what is right and wrong and that is wrong. If this forum is about discussing long range detection fine, but if it is a ploy simply to bash LRL users, I want no part of it. I use coil units far more than the exotic ones. I am not the enemy.

The photos came back as mineral deposits. I had verified this by using detectors and gpr before hand.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121740.html#msg121740

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2010, 07:53:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

fen you have not proved anything but that you have a camera. Now show us what was found or I stick with what I said.   

I think you came to start trouble are drum up business for your LRL spam. The only post you have ever made is standing up for LRL.

As for standing up to bully's you the one bulling people who will not believe in your   LRL Voodoo high Princess crap   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121750.html#msg121750

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2010, 03:10:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by fenixdigger
Hi golddigger;

Here's the thing. Go back and look at my posts and Seldom's post and tell me who is being hateful.

I am likely the only LRL user that has tried many times to prove the other side's points. I wanted to know how people got "stuck" at that level.

Hell, I was there for many years. I  almost stay on the hunt, I love it. I don't promote people spending money on Lrls , it's their decision.

I've been accused of "starting trouble here", HOW by telling what I see??? Standing up to the bullies that have an idea so wedged in their minds they want everybody to think like that?  I'm not going to let them get by without me saying something.

I know what is right and wrong and that is wrong. If this forum is about discussing long range detection fine, but if it is a ploy simply to bash LRL users, I want no part of it. I use coil units far more than the exotic ones. I am not the enemy.

The photos came back as mineral deposits. I had verified this by using detectors and gpr before hand.

You are not being at all fair. You don't know how many dowsers and LRLs I have attempted to use or how many I have witnessed fail. For some reason, you act as if those of us who disbelieve are simply doing it out of spite. Well, nothing would please me more than to find a quicker, faster way to find a cache or treasure trove. I also find it illogical that you would complain about micro gold interfering with your work but somehow you fail to collect that gold. Why is that? Are you so rich that you don't need the micro gold or do you simply look at the ground and mutter to it, "Get out of my way, you pesky old micro gold stuff!"

Any digital camera has more sensitivity to certain spectra of light than the human eye. That's a physical characteristic that I won't deny. Take your phone camera or digital camera and turn it on while you watch the screen. Aim any TV or VCR remote at the camera , press the power on button and tell me what you see.

Can these cameras "see" gold and minerals in the ground? Nope. Not a chance. They react to light and nothing more. If you spend your money on one of them, you are that sucker, of which one is born every minute. P T Barnum was spot on. You found a return on something using traditional technology and verified it with a camera? Your pictures show no evidence what so ever. Your claim to see something there begs the question about your sanity but I will not ask it for fear that it will upset you more.

This thread was about advising someone whose financial status we do not know about whether or not he should spend thousands of dollars on what some of us believe is a scam. This forum is for DISCUSSING the LRLs, not for just agreeing with them working. Discussion means both sides can discuss them, not just one side.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121806.html#msg121806

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:14:09 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2010, 07:24:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Reread my posts. I said I never saw anything. I sent the pictures to be looked at. I won't believe it works untill I can see them.
If anyone out there wants to dig god knows how far and pan gold dust, I will be more than glad to give you the locations of a lot of sites. I'm not interested.
As my previous posts show If I had to recommend a machine, It would be Minelab.
You missed the point about the pictures. I was trying to validate Carl's claim  of random chance. I can't see anything on those pictures, they have areas that were picked as locations of  something which turned out to be mineral and micro gold. I wanted to see if anyone else would pick the same spots as Carl said they would.

My whole point is to try to eliminate the chasing of unwanted targets while cache hunting.

If I was to say that I pinpointed a piece of rusted steel with electrolysis in a field from 1,400 ft, Seldom would be on me like a coat of paint. IF I said that every time we chased a location, we found something, mostly trash items or hot spots, I would be lying scum. So I do filter what I say here.

I'm not looking to change anybody's mind, but I do want to tell some of what happens on these hunts to find a solution to
the misfires. I know that seeing a successful dowser or LRL is ALMOST unheard of so I am going to leave it at that

I am apparently not conveying what I am meaning to for some reason, or you guys are misunderstanding it.

If I had my % of good finds a little higher, I wouldn't be here looking for answers.

And that would be a "bouker" for a man or a "mambo" for a woman as far as the Voudoo.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121835.html#msg121835

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2010, 07:34:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well you peg yourself 

End Game

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121837.html#msg121837

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 07:42:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Was King Solomon a dowser?Huh?  Any priests???  Any Spanish records of recoveries???  It may not work ,but it has been around for a while. Lots of people have used it (or tricked themselves) for a long time.

Not much different than astrology, eh?

Quote:Posted by {author}
I would sure like to see some random chance here. Think someone could pick 2 spots on the first picture and one on each of the others and lets put it to the test??? Let's play where's the gold.

Are these photos from the Maxfynd camera? Is the 1st photo the one that 5 different people had the same results on? Do you know what they used to 'identify' the spots?

You missed the point about the pictures. I was trying to validate Carl's claim of random chance. ... I wanted to see if anyone else would pick the same spots as Carl said they would.

They may, or they may not. I just said it would be possible, depending on the situation. I've seen it happen with map dowsing; people home in on the same spot, and nothing is found.

I can't see anything on those pictures, they have areas that were picked as locations of  something which turned out to be mineral and micro gold.

Eh, that's called an alibi for "nothing was found." I have a long list of alibis I call the "Theory of Empty Holes." Micro gold is a common excuse. Durn stuff is everywhere.

Also, a previously unanswered question:

You seem to be quick to dismiss the value of scientific testing, which suggests to me that you're pretty sure none of these wonder devices will work when scientifically tested. Do you agree?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121839.html#msg121839

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2010, 07:48:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Reread my posts. I said I never saw anything. I sent the pictures to be looked at. I won't believe it works untill I can see them.
If anyone out there wants to dig god knows how far and pan gold dust, I will be more than glad to give you the locations of a lot of sites. I'm not interested.
As my previous posts show If I had to recommend a machine, It would be Minelab.
You missed the point about the pictures. I was trying to validate Carl's claim  of random chance. I can't see anything on those pictures, they have areas that were picked as locations of  something which turned out to be mineral and micro gold. I wanted to see if anyone else would pick the same spots as Carl said they would.

My whole point is to try to eliminate the chasing of unwanted targets while cache hunting.

If I was to say that I pinpointed a piece of rusted steel with electrolysis in a field from 1,400 ft, Seldom would be on me like a coat of paint. IF I said that every time we chased a location, we found something, mostly trash items or hot spots, I would be lying scum. So I do filter what I say here.

I'm not looking to change anybody's mind, but I do want to tell some of what happens on these hunts to find a solution to
the misfires. I know that seeing a successful dowser or LRL is ALMOST unheard of so I am going to leave it at that

I am apparently not conveying what I am meaning to for some reason, or you guys are misunderstanding it.

If I had my % of good finds a little higher, I wouldn't be here looking for answers.

And that would be a "bouker" for a man or a "mambo" for a woman as far as the Voudoo.

I think I'm getting your point here now but unbelievably, it was definitely not the point you actually WERE getting across. You harped on us about discussion that revolved around dowsing and LRLs being bogus technologies making it seem quite simply that you were arguing against our position. Now, it appears you haven't seen any proof of it either and want someone to come along and show you that there IS proof.

That's not going to happen, mate. Sorry.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121840.html#msg121840

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 09:13:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ok guys. I get the point. That for sure wasn't what I intended. And I don't need any more proof. Sorry for the confusion.

Have fun.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121846.html#msg121846

Offline fieldmaus
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2010, 08:56:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Isn't this just a modified lumix 2.2 with added Nicera infrared detector module and blue LED that has replaced the standard flash? From the looks of it, we could all just MAKE our own if we really want to test or banter on about it.

To me...makes sense, however the application of the theory seems financially driven rather than truth driven. Just look at the transformers case. Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg122795.html#msg122795

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Jump to: