[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 11:19:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

LOL!

That's why you find so many Tequila bottles and Price Albert cans around mining camps.

They Tasted better.

:Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1329.msg126462.html#msg126462

Offline viking
Bronze Member

www.metaldetect.co.za
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
South Africa

2160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 03:05:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Any one know anything about the Fisher Gemini3 2 box mag? I know it won't discriminate but it sure as hell will tell you if there is a substantial amount of metal in the ground. Or not?
Viking

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1329.msg126489.html#msg126489

Please Register or Login

www.metaldetect.co.za

Offline dign4it
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 07:23:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

steven 77,
  if you are looking for a buried cache, then the chanes are that it is buried at a depth near six feet, maybe more.
  the detector you seek is out there, it is the arc-geo mini.  you can go to utube and type in "arc-geo mini" and view some actual footage of this machine at work.  cost is important, and the geo-mini costs about 1500 dollars, that includes the lap-top computer.  this machine will go down deeper than you need to go down.  do you have a map or treasure signs leading you to this specific area?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1329.msg126532.html#msg126532

Offline RSD
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Malaysia

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2011, 04:01:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

If you are purely looking for gold bars unless they are packed inside a metal chest or any metal container, PI MD will not detect gold randomly......the advantage is PI could cover a larger area ......check before heading to your treasure site.

Good luck.

RSD

Posted on: January 02, 2011, 03:52:15 AM
You stand a good chance of detecting the cache if you use the DeepTech Megapulse III or Megapulse SR 126.  These are good machines and you could detect a drink can down to 5 feet using them whereas you couldn't detect such similar can at such depth by using the 2 box.

RSD

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1329.msg135046.html#msg135046

Offline dign4it
Copper Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arc-geo mini
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2011, 11:38:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

I will always stand by the arc-geo mini....for several reasons.  The first reason is the depth that you can get from this combined unit, which I have personally experienced depths of 20 plus feet.  You can also detach the "steriod unit" and use the two-box as a normal metal detector, which is what it is.
  The "steriod unit" allows for you to collect information within the unit, then down-load it to your computer.  The read out of this unit gives a "view" and shows exactly where your treasure is located.  It works by placing wooden stakes, or some other marker, at each point where a reading is taken.  Once down loaded, you can go to the exact spot that shows the treasures resting place.  Even more, you can turn the image sideways to get the exact depth of the treasure.  This information is so important, the operation of this unit is so easy, yet for the money, you cannot go wrong.  As I stated, I spent about 1600 dollars for the arc-geo, which included a lap top computer for use in the field.
  You also have technical support from the man who invented and sells this unit, Mr. Tim Williams.  It is my personal opinion that this unit, for the money, is the VERY BEST money that a treasure hunter can spend.  The results are similar to GPR, but at a fraction of the cost of a GPR unit.
  Go to You Tube and search "arc-geo mini".

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1329.msg135100.html#msg135100

Offline Highlander
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett GTA 500, GTA 1000, CX 11 Grand Master, GTP 1350, Minelab xterra 50
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 08:19:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I purchased the Garrett CX 11 Grand Master hunter that would go this deep if you purchased the two box attachment.  This would most likely be a cheaper way to hunt deep caches.  I was going to purchase this attachment however, the dealer said he tried this attachment and dug farmers trash sites, so I gave up that idea, but if I was real sure of this location, I would consider purchasing the two box for my CX 11.  If I did not have the detector for the two box attachment, I would have to purchase the 2500, it also will take the two box attachment.  Never used this detector with the two box attachment, however, I was told it worked well, but as anything you would have to practice.  Good luck, it would be interesting to hear about.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1329.msg139084.html#msg139084

Offline Wanna B. Miner
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2011, 07:41:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Can you afford to update us on this or are you nursing your sore back from lifting it all?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1329.msg165472.html#msg165472

Offline Steven77Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab X-Terra 70
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2011, 08:38:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello!

I believe this long lost cache could be very deep. Possibly 3 feet or more down.

The area is heavily forested and on a pretty steep slope so the hunting is difficult to say the least.

I have been saving up for the detector that I think would give me the best chance of locating it should I walk over the top of its location and I have decided on this unit.

Please Register or Login

http://www.jeohunter.eu/jeohunter.htm

I figure I will be able to purchase it in about a month, just in time for the snow to be gone at its 4200 foot elevation.

Thanks for your inquiry and I?ll keep ya posted on my search.

Stay safe,

Steven

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1329.msg165492.html#msg165492

Offline shortribs
Bronze Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United States

1445.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher-Whites-Garrett
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 12:34:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I do not know if the Garrett 2-box will pick up small items,but I think it does.  However the Discovery 9000 or the Whites 808 2-box WILL NOT pick up anything smaller than a pop can saving u time and labor. A pulse detector with a large coil 36in or a square 48x48in would work,but does not discriminate unless u have one that has ferris (rusting) and non ferris (non rusting) meter or lights on it.  A 2-box will only go down about 3 feet on an object the size of a cigar box and a pulse with big head would probavly go deeper as mine does with a 4 ft head.The larger the cache the deeper the 2-box will go to a point.   jmho.  Bob in sw.mo.If u believe in someone dowsing the place for u then for say 50 bucks it may have bebefits for you. The only way to save time and labor on your back.

Posted on: April 25, 2011, 11:38:40 AM
By the way how much are they asking for the Megapulse 111 ? couldn't find the prices.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1329.msg165960.html#msg165960

Offline joejoe
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fishers pulsex
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2011, 11:09:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by shortribs
I do not know if the Garrett 2-box will pick up small items,but I think it does.  However the Discovery 9000 or the Whites 808 2-box WILL NOT pick up anything smaller than a pop can saving u time and labor. A pulse detector with a large coil 36in or a square 48x48in would work,but does not discriminate unless u have one that has ferris (rusting) and non ferris (non rusting) meter or lights on it.  A 2-box will only go down about 3 feet on an object the size of a cigar box and a pulse with big head would probavly go deeper as mine does with a 4 ft head.The larger the cache the deeper the 2-box will go to a point.   jmho.  Bob in sw.mo.If u believe in someone dowsing the place for u then for say 50 bucks it may have bebefits for you. The only way to save time and labor on your back.

Posted on: April 25, 2011, 11:38:40 AM
By the way how much are they asking for the Megapulse 111 ? couldn't find the prices.

Somewhere around 1200 euro's.  Anyone ever use any of the rex machines? They also seem similiar, but less money.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1329.msg190363.html#msg190363

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:13:41 am by joejoe »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: