[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 ... 1185   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #9680 on: November 05, 2015, 12:41:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
  That I can fathom.  On Real Roads stuff wares out.  We know that engine is a Old Time wants to live beast.  As long as you change the Oil every 5,000 miles with better then Crude it will keep chugging on.  It's all the Other Stuff.   I would still be Driving ours if the Freeze Plugs didn't Rot out.  That's a Electrolysis thing between Copper the and Iron  Block.   Ran Strait anti Freeze . It cools better then Water here in the Desert.  It gets so hot here in the summers that tires POP running  on I-10 twice a month some times.  They Get Hot from Road Friction  , Ambient Temps and go South.  Bought   Firestone  New take off tires cheap for a while as the got a bad Wrap.  Nothing wrong with them.  Got 90,000 miles out of two sets I paid less then 1/3 going price. AT tires is all I would Run.  Good for Mud, Snow and Sand.  Bit of noise on the HW.       

I normally replace or when I built a motor I use Brass welsh (Freeze Plugs) and if it is a Hi Po motor I will put check straps or screw in ones on them.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303329.html#msg303329

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 46.0.2490.76
Chrome 46.0.2490.76

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #9681 on: November 05, 2015, 12:45:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah i guess Ford figured the 300 inline six cylinder  wasn't making them enough parts money and finally did away with it.
But I loved it.  It was easy to work on and parts when needed were readily available.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303330.html#msg303330

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #9682 on: November 05, 2015, 02:07:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Well my views are this forum is here for the Members Not to make Google look good, This is  but ONE thread and Thunting has 38410 others to make it famous

You're not getting this at all. Christian WANTS to rank in Google as a treasure hunting site not as a substitute for Facebook. The other thread dates are so old they are dropped long ago. I don't care WHAT you choose to believe, you can be wrong if you like. There's no law against it.

This is not a debate. I am offering you facts which you can easily verify. This forum is losing serious treasure hunters and it's mostly because this is the largest area of nonsense on the forum. Christian asked us long ago as moderators to make sure the discussion was steered towards treasure hunting. We have had moderators who no longer come here having thrown their hands up in disgust and left. Watching me catch all the flack for telling it to you straight made it impossible for them to stick around. And now you have the gall to say they are no loads and you are a hero. You, but the way, at least connect your discussion of other things to the fact that you use them as treasure hunting aids. This topic, which does have the occasional pearl, keeps the real wisdom protected by baloney. People wishing each other a "Good night" or saying "I'll see you tomorrow" waste Google hits and drive it away from Treasure Hunting.

At one time, Christian was PAYING for Google Ad Words to boost the rankings but now it's clearly a waste of money. He hasn't asked for donations in months. Thanks to this topic in particular. I no longer care about stopping this. That would be up to you guys here. If you REALLY want to see this forum stick around, START DISCUSSING TREASURE. START DISCUSSING DETECTING. START DISCUSSING RESEARCH FOR TREASURE. You can still talk about this nonsense but for pity sake, start helping to get us back up in the rankings.

I delete probably 20 messages a week from the spammers who are attracted here by the nonsense posts. I put them on mute until they give up and go away. The damage you guys re doing should embarrass you. But it doesn't. It just makes the real problems feel bold enough to whine and cry to Christian about things. Oh, poor me. I can't act like a fool any more.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303344.html#msg303344

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 46.0.2490.76
Chrome 46.0.2490.76

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #9683 on: November 05, 2015, 02:28:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Seriously i think Carl may be on to something.
Are c you ok GD ? Are you having problems at home?
You have been exceptionally grumpy here lately.

Just looking out for you.
Im here to talk to if you need me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303347.html#msg303347

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline golddustcarl
Silver Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you159

Activity
1%
Male
United States

7377.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 34.0.1847.76
Chrome 34.0.1847.76

Awards

NOKTA SIMPLEX+,Tesoro Vaquero, VibraProbe 580, Garrett Carrot, Garrett Master Hunter ADSIII
« Reply #9684 on: November 05, 2015, 02:31:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

RR can ya empty some of your inbox so I  can PM you?

Dusty Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303351.html#msg303351

A bad day at gold prospecting or metal detecting is better than a good day at work.

GOLDDUST CARL

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #9685 on: November 05, 2015, 02:34:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
You're not getting this at all. Christian WANTS to rank in Google as a treasure hunting site not as a substitute for Facebook. The other thread dates are so old they are dropped long ago. I don't care WHAT you choose to believe, you can be wrong if you like. There's no law against it.

This is not a debate. I am offering you facts which you can easily verify. This forum is losing serious treasure hunters and it's mostly because this is the largest area of nonsense on the forum. Christian asked us long ago as moderators to make sure the discussion was steered towards treasure hunting. We have had moderators who no longer come here having thrown their hands up in disgust and left. Watching me catch all the flack for telling it to you straight made it impossible for them to stick around. And now you have the gall to say they are no loads and you are a hero. You, but the way, at least connect your discussion of other things to the fact that you use them as treasure hunting aids. This topic, which does have the occasional pearl, keeps the real wisdom protected by baloney. People wishing each other a "Good night" or saying "I'll see you tomorrow" waste Google hits and drive it away from Treasure Hunting.

At one time, Christian was PAYING for Google Ad Words to boost the rankings but now it's clearly a waste of money. He hasn't asked for donations in months. Thanks to this topic in particular. I no longer care about stopping this. That would be up to you guys here. If you REALLY want to see this forum stick around, START DISCUSSING TREASURE. START DISCUSSING DETECTING. START DISCUSSING RESEARCH FOR TREASURE. You can still talk about this nonsense but for pity sake, start helping to get us back up in the rankings.

I delete probably 20 messages a week from the spammers who are attracted here by the nonsense posts. I put them on mute until they give up and go away. The damage you guys re doing should embarrass you. But it doesn't. It just makes the real problems feel bold enough to whine and cry to Christian about things. Oh, poor me. I can't act like a fool any more.

Well that's stupid that's like avoiding a shopping mall with over 500 shops in it because you don't like the fact that they opened a McDonalds in there,

I don't like bottle dump digging or digging out house's or rock art but a lot of members do, so that's no reason for me to stay away and if that is how such people think then the world is better off without them, You can't put the blame on 5 or 6 people, that's like blaming half a dozen people for WWII, This forum is suffering because senior members don't pull their weight and over aggressive moderation, This is the 3rd time this year that we have had to go through this Crap and here we are again, New spin, same Crap and always started by the same person and this has been the case since April/May 2011 without fail, year in year out.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303352.html#msg303352

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #9686 on: November 05, 2015, 02:36:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Karl
Seriously i think Carl may be on to something.
Are c you ok GD ? Are you having problems at home?
You have been exceptionally grumpy here lately.

Just looking out for you.
Im here to talk to if you need me.

Karl, I really am fine. I want our forum to succeed and it won't if we keep deflecting the discussion towards non treasure related subjects. That doesn't mean NONE, that means a ration compatible with NOT dropping our Google rankings.

I just explained to someone in PM that we no longer have any treasure related advertisers here which means that Christian is 100% out of pocket. Until we can once again dominate the Google rankings by taking the first few pages again, we are not going to attract them. I know this post was meant to show your scorn for me but I am not at all angry. I just see the stubbornness and the reluctance by members here to see what matters. You all think that calling me out is going to make your life great again but the truth is, this forum could go away because of the drift from treasure talk. If that's what YOU want, continue on. Mock me, make fun of me, do what you wish. Other forums will be around and if you try this on some of them, you will be slam dunked into silence. Trust me.

I am fine. Nothing wrong at home. I have the normal amount of old age related kinks and pains but I am still able to get out and have some fun. Thanks for asking.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303353.html#msg303353

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #9687 on: November 05, 2015, 02:38:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by golddustcarl
RR can ya empty some of your inbox so I  can PM you?

Dusty Carl

Ok mate give me a sec

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303354.html#msg303354

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 40.0
Firefox 40.0

Awards

« Reply #9688 on: November 05, 2015, 02:39:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Well that's stupid that's like avoiding a shopping mall with over 500 shops in it because you don't like the fact that they opened a McDonalds in there,

I don't like bottle dump digging or digging out house's or rock art but a lot of members do, so that's no reason for me to stay away and if that is how such people think then the world is better off without them, You can't put the blame on 5 or 6 people, that's like blaming half a dozen people for WWII, This forum is suffering because senior members don't pull their weight and over aggressive moderation, This is the 3rd time this year that we have had to go through this Crap and here we are again, New spin, same Crap and always started by the same person and this has been the case since April/May 2011 without fail, year in year out.

Then you have suddenly become part of the problem, mate. We need to move up in the Google rankings to attract advertisers to pay for this site. Period.

Letting Christian pay for it knowing he is a family man with a growing family is just plain selfish. I am not doing what I do to gain anything except rankings to help make the site more viable. If you dislike me for that, go for it. But that just compounds the selfishness you exhibited.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303355.html#msg303355

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #9689 on: November 05, 2015, 02:44:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't dislike anyone, I just don't agree with whats being said.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg303356.html#msg303356

Print
Pages:  1 ... 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 ... 1185   Go Up
Jump to: