[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline toleary34Topic starter
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

3160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2
« on: May 10, 2010, 04:25:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Klondikeike from our forum was up in my area of Utah from Texas yesterday, and we were able to meet at my place, hop in the truck and go out exploring a couple of sights, we went to two old homesteads, and then headed down to Echo canyon where I was able to show him the Mormon Malitia defenses built in 1857, to stop Johnston's Army in the famous Utah War.  we explored the canyon and were heading to another sight on an old highway that skirts the freeway and came upon a motorcycle crash that had just barely happened, and the only person that was there already was the guy following behind the motorcyclist when the incident occurred.

Klondikeike and myself stopped and being a firefighter and EMT i ran over to the sight.  he had been traveling at a high rate of speed without a helmet.  his head was badly crushed with it's innards exposed.  You could tell right away that his entire body was broken up inside by how he was laying, and his lower right leg had been amputated and was hanging by only a chunk of flesh.  Klondikeike, myself, and the other Fire and EMS personnel that showed up, worked on this guy for almost an hour trying to get him to stay with us, but every time we stabilized him we would lose him.

We kept pushing drugs, and landed a helicopter near the scene and worked feverishly to save his life.  after over half an hour of working him we had to "call it" and he left this world their at our feet on the side of the road.  i went back to the ambulance and took off my gloves and wiped the blood off of my arms, and Ike and I headed off to find some more historical sights  like Mormon artillery breastworks, and a gold mine that i had recently found and posted here on the forum.  Ike knew being a fellow combat veteran himself, that the crash had opened up a psychological can of worms in my head, when i told him that going on calls like that brought back the ghosts from my three tours with the Marine Infantry in Iraq.

After we parted ways he called me that night just to see how i was doing.  I can't express how honored i felt to have met him and been able to connect with him the way that I had while sharing adventures that I have no one else to share them with.  Thanks Ike....proud to call you a friend...and i am proud to consider all of you on the forum friends as well.  I would love to meet up with other folks from this forum when you're in my area, already live in Utah, or if i am coming to your area.  We had a great time, and it just goes to show you that the true treasure to be found is friendship and being able to live another day, because it can all  be gone or taken away within the blink of an eye.  Happy Hunting to all my friends on this forum...Carpe Diem.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14332.msg91522.html#msg91522

Offline K5EXX
Remember POW/MIA
Bronze Member

Remember POW/MIA
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

580.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Whites DFX E-Series
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 05:30:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Toleary34, if you are EVER in the SE Texas area (Houston, Beaumont, Galveston, etc) you let me know bro.....one vet to another, would love to go hunting with you! Great job trying to save a life, I am sure that the family would appreciate all your efforts!

Keep up the good work, and happy hunting bro!  HOOAH!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14332.msg91541.html#msg91541

Mark - K5EXX
Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war

{alt}

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 07:08:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you very much!! I would love to come down that way and have the honor of meeting you in person and doing some hunting.  good luck out there and keep in touch, i'm adding you to my buddy list if that's okay by you.  HOOAH!!!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14332.msg91555.html#msg91555

Offline K5EXX
Remember POW/MIA
Bronze Member

Remember POW/MIA
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

580.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Whites DFX E-Series
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 07:29:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by toleary34
   Thank you very much!! I would love to come down that way and have the honor of meeting you in person and doing some hunting.  good luck out there and keep in touch, i'm adding you to my buddy list if that's okay by you.  HOOAH!!!!!

No problem at all....already added you to mine!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14332.msg91556.html#msg91556

Mark - K5EXX
Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war

{alt}

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 08:27:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well done Toleary.........It's sad people have to lose their lives in such an horrible and unnecessary way.  I've seen a lot of this over the years in my former profession.
Have a good one......John in Va.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14332.msg91564.html#msg91564

Johnlaw

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 08:53:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thank you sir, it's just a duty is all. do you mind my asking what your former profession was?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14332.msg91567.html#msg91567

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 09:01:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thank you sir, it's just a duty is all. do you mind my asking what your former profession was?

Deputy Sheriff in Virginia 20 plus years....last position was CID.....retired 2001

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14332.msg91570.html#msg91570

Johnlaw

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 09:09:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thank you sir for being someone of such fiber.  my father was a law enforcement for quite a few years and it is a noble profession that truly does protect and serve.  i appreciate your service to your community, even though i wasn't in it, and i appreciate your comments.  please take care

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14332.msg91572.html#msg91572

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 09:35:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thank you sir for being someone of such fiber.  my father was a law enforcement for quite a few years and it is a noble profession that truly does protect and serve.  i appreciate your service to your community, even though i wasn't in it, and i appreciate your comments.  please take care

Thank you........It was a difficult and stressfull job. For me the most important thing was to be honest and treat people fairly. Thanks for your service in the military of our country.

On another note.......I was looking at a book I have on the civil war published in 1868. The title is The Civil War in America by Benson J Lossing.. I found this book in an antique shop about 25 years ago, it is volume 2, hardback and in great condition. The book covers the battle areas with maps and drawings and detailed chapters, it was quite a find. The book was registered with the library of congress in 1866. Have a good day Toleary

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14332.msg91580.html#msg91580

Johnlaw

Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 09:45:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thank you sir for your appreciation for my service.  that book sounds like quite an asset in the search for the pasts hidden treasures.  my family heritage stems from somewhere in Virgina and fought for the Confederacy during the Civil War.  When klondikeike was up here yesterday we had extensive conversations on the Civil War while we were looking at the breastwork defenses.  i can't imagine what it must have been like for those poor souls who both perished, and lived through those horrific battles.  i really want to get back there to where you're at and see some of the battlefields of the Civil War. after being a four tour combat veteran, i don't think that i could look at these fields where some many suffered and perished, and not feel a tear roll down my cheek.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14332.msg91583.html#msg91583

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: