[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline snooksion
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

dual field
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 11:10:29 am »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

funny you say that,me and my buddy Mark were talking about this.There is a ton of drama in this and would be funny all the things that go on in detecting.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201271.html#msg201271

Offline Nobes
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites M6, Garrett 350 Ace
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 11:26:15 am »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

Heather-

Hello there. I live in a Chicago IL suburb and have been detecting for six about years now. I am fortunate to have a very good job and I live in an affluent historic neighborhood (Winnetka,IL), so literally I am usually the only guy out there (in my area) detecting. My friends and neighbors are out golfing, playing tennis or at their country clubs,...not me, I'm out there detecting in my free time. I am smitten with this hobby and probably not your average metal detector (if there is such a thing). However, what I do know about most detectors though is that it's not about money, rather it's about the thrill of the hunt. It's the feeling one gets when they've done their homework and have found an old map of an old fairground site, or old homestead or tavern. The chills a detector gets when his favorite trusty machine reads something at +90 is lying 8 inches below the surface... or the moment one sees that beautiful unmistakable glint of silver down in the hole.... That's what we live for. For me personally, I strive for that feeling every day I'm at the office, so I get out when I can, weekends, holidays, and even some nights using a REI headlamp for light. 

Heather, thanks for taking a look and best of luck with the show!

best
john

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201275.html#msg201275

Offline RickOsmon
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 11:37:36 am »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

Hi Heather,

My name is Rick Osmon. I've hosted some 280 hours of live TV and 2800 hours of live radio. Additionally, I'm an author and researcher (currently concentrating on a really big one).

Finding treasure isn't so much about knowing how to use a detector as it is knowing where to use it. It's the background research and information analysis that leads to the big finds.

My own "treasure hunting success" was determining that someone had already found the lode, as strange as that may sound.  It was the mystery of a missing treasure from when a whole town died of an unknown disease and the town treasury that went missing (some 15,000 ounces of mostly silver). I found a pour spill of about 4 ounces (w/out using a detector, incidentally). Not a big money find, but it answered all the questions, solved the mystery of the missing treasury, and I therefore consider it a successful bunch of research.

Treasure hunting and amateur archeology are two sides of the same lost coin.

At any rate, I would like to participate in your venture.

If you have any questions, need references, or would like to see footage, please email:
rick.osmon@soupmedianetwork.com

Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201278.html#msg201278

Offline unnet
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 11:49:28 am »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

Hello Heather,
Sounds like there are quite a few of us hermits to choose from. You can see a resume and some headshots of me at my website,

Please Register or Login

www.ceclogan.com
. I'm a SAG eligible actor with decades of experience in front of and behind the camera. I've been a producer, director , and talent. I live in Alaska, which is the most vastly beautiful place on the planet (yes I am a little biased). And short of some good ground penetrating radar I run the finest metal detector made, the Minelab GPX 5000. If you need locations I have quite a few friends who are professional miners with claims in a number of different areas. I'm sure we could access a number of those if necessary.
Call me and we can talk.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201283.html#msg201283

Offline n9ami
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 12:05:05 pm »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

To all you "professionals" lol.. You might want to check out this individual before giving out any personal information first.

Posted on: November 14, 2011, 12:04:21 PM
SAG Really? Maybe you need to contact your agent.  Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201286.html#msg201286

Offline Gollum
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Minelab XTerra 70, Fisher Gemini, SD2000 Heavily Modded, Excalibur, Foster AquaSearch
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 12:08:32 pm »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

Heather,

I don't know if your plans for the show are "relic hunting", "metal detecting", "beach hunting", or whatever. When I see the term "Treasure Hunting" in the same sentence as "TV Show" it makes me cringe a little.

I have been at this for about fifteen years. In all that time, I can count the number of Treasure Hunters that have actually found treasure on two hands. The problem with a series about treasure hunting is that each week your team would need to come up with something. The people I know that have made big finds in many cases searched for decades before finding anything of consequence. This may lead to faking finds to keep the show interesting (as in some of the ghost hunting shows).

There are also legal ramifications regarding REAL treasure hunting. If what your team is searching for falls on any sort of government land (which is almost everything that's not developed now), Treasure Trove Permits will have to be approved (this is a long and tedious process that must ultimately be negotiated with the GSA "General Services Administration" of the US Government).

REAL treasure hunters hold certain knowledge. They would be loathe to make that knowledge public on television. There are a lot of pitfalls in serializing a treasure hunting show. Mainly that the greatest majority of people who claim to know the secrets of the Jesuits, or the Spanish, actually know diddly squat. Those people are also the self aggrandizing types that would jump to host a TV Show like the one you are pitching. Your best hope for success in this is to get the best technical advisor you can. The people that REALLY know this obsession are a small family. One of them could guide you past the wanna-be's.

Best of luck in your endeavour,

Mike McChesney

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201287.html#msg201287

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:13:09 pm by Gollum »

See my work at:

Please Register or Login

www.1oro1.com

Offline bomber
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5229.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 12:12:01 pm »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

Clapp Clapp Clapp Clapp Clapp well said mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201290.html#msg201290

dreams of the young are the regrets of old

lesjcbsTopic starter

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 12:31:36 pm »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

Heather:

My name is Les.  I enjoy treasure hunting as I find the hunt is just as exciting as finding things, whether it is the target I am looking for or not.  The tools I use are dowsing rods and metal detectors.  I hunt for coins in city parks, school grounds etc and hidden outlaw loot out in the wilds. 

I do most of my hunting during the summer time as that's when I am off work from driving a school bus and have time to devote to my hobby.

I've never done any kind of TV work at all.

Thanks for the notice.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201296.html#msg201296

Offline geodesic9
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 12:33:45 pm »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

Heather,
I am perfect for your show, short, fat, ugly and I hate being in front of a camera. I may even shave if I get the part. I only hunt for big gold nuggets so it might be boring to watch. Wink

Great idea, much hope for success.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201297.html#msg201297

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:28:28 pm by geodesic9 »
Offline RickOsmon
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 12:39:34 pm »
Go Up Go DownBest Answer

Quote:Posted by geodesic9
Heather,
I am perfect for your show, short, fat, ugly and I hate being in front of a camera. I may even shave if I get the part. I only hunt for big gold nuggets so it might be boring to watch. Wink

Great idea, much hope for success.

Are you already on TV? American Pickers?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201299.html#msg201299

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Jump to: