[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 07:23:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thats impressive stuff there Chip,  Bush pilot Aye, now you are a rare breed (much respect)
well i hope you get to give it ago.

Blessins

AU

Quote:Posted by Chipsam
O.k.  I'll give it a shot.  Just walked in the house back from prospecting.  Found a nice little 4 gram in quartz specimen.
I got the gold bug working in Alaska as a Bush Pilot for the Tweto's (Flying Wild Alaska series).  Back then they were Hageland Aviation and have since purchased Era Aviation.
I have some experience behind the camera as well.  In my early twenty's after my discharge from the USN (was a Naval Test Parachutist) I ended up working as a  skydiving instructor and was introduced to Carolyn Russel (a personality on P.M. Magazine, were talking 80's here!).  We ended up putting a Pilot together for cable on "Travel and Adventure".  The end result was a big "nada", but was a lot of fun.
I currently reside in Southern California and work as a Corporate Pilot (Capt. G-IV, G-Vsp, BBD-700) for Avjet Corporation out of Burbank Airport.  I spend all my spare time treasure hunting.  When I'm "on the road" me detector is with me.  I love to underwater detect when I'm in the Bahama's and am always looking for old cache's when I'm stuck in London on dry land.
I'm in great shape as well.
I have a ton of equipment and yes most of it has payed for itself.  Primarily in gold nuggets of which I have been quite succesful finding.
Best
Samuel R.  Myers "Chip"

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201414.html#msg201414

cmtoysTopic starter

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 07:36:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Heather,
Sounds like a lot of fun, I am a local So Cal. treasure hunter, I metal detect both the beach and lots of local historical sites, parks, schools and wherever lost valuable can be found. I have been detecting now for about 4 years, but have been a collector and novice treasure hunter for many years, always looking for the big score.
I have been on TV with our local club after assisting the local police in a weapon search, and have also been on a local cable detecting show called "Finder Keeper 2" with host Leo Aranza.
Let me know if you would like to meet up and talk about what I can bring to the table on this project.
Thanks

Chris

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201416.html#msg201416

Offline Chipsam
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GPS-4500, GMT goldmaster
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 07:39:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks AU
If your ever in So-Cal.  Let me know we'll go swing some coils together.
I just got done cleaning the nugget I found today with my (wife's) electric tooth brush, he he.  
It weigh's in at 2.97 grams so I'm gonna say 3 and has some real perty white quartz mixed.  Not my biggest one by any means but who care's eh?
I have two minelabs and I love taking people out.  I'm not in it for the money, it's all about the "adventure" for me.  I took a guy out 2 weeks ago and he found his first nugget in a spot I told him to detect.  That one little nugget he found is my favorite of all.  I will never forget his reaction! Priceless
best to you
Chip

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201417.html#msg201417

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2011, 07:58:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Chip, I might just do that in the new year  Cool

sorry everyone if i wondered off topic here but Gold and treasure??? wow

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201418.html#msg201418

Offline jozepy
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2011, 08:29:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well Heather you have been reading my mind Smiley I have wanted to do a Treasure hunting show for sometime, I live @ the beach in SC so we have a variety of places & a cavalcade of characters to inform and amuse an audience on the highly contagious sport of Metal detecting ,treasure hunting, trinket findin , relic rootin or whatever you might call it in your neck of the woods.. I might add I am quite the character myself with a rather well rounded resume which includes public speaking, disc jockey ( Does DJ`ing in topless bar count Smiley, On a serious note I would love to submit my name in the jar . Actually how would I go about contacting you & making a submission??

Being able to bring the anticipation then the rush of finding a quality target into a persons living room is...Well Something I`d watch!!! (its storming of course or I would be out "Breaker busting with my Garrett AT PRO " Smiley  Detecting
 I hope to hear from you.
 Good luck to everyone & Happy Holidays
Joe

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201429.html#msg201429

Marked as best answer by April 28, 2024, 02:31:19 pm
Offline cjanoe55
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2011, 08:56:30 pm »
Go Up Go DownUndo Best Answer

Hello from Tacoma, WA.  I would like to be considered in your search.  I have done beach combing, river panning, and ghost town detecting.  I would like the opportunity to work with you. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201432.html#msg201432

Offline Obelix
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Argentina

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

EE TREASSURE HUNTER
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2011, 09:15:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hola, sólo hablo español , y el traductor de google.
Mi mail es: eljorgito1@yahoo.com.ar, y vivo en San Luis, República Argentina.
Muchas gracias

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201436.html#msg201436

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2011, 09:46:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I can help you Heather. I've been detecting for 45 years. Just email (pm) me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201438.html#msg201438

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
schancacTopic starter

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2011, 09:47:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Heather,

My name is Aaron and I would like to be considered as host.  I am from Northern Wisconsin and have been a TH'er and metal detectorist for 10 years.  I have been featured in Garrett's monthly magazine "The Searcher" and currently live on Maui.  I have detected in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas Gulf coast, Hawaii, Belize, Bahamas, Peru and some other places.  I mainly water detect in lakes and oceans by wading, hookah diving, and S.C.U.B.A. for lost old coins and jewelry.  I do land detect for coins and jewelry and although Native artifact hunting is not what I do, I have found some artifacts by accident.

I am 40 years old, physically fit, married with no children.  I am a type "A" personality and I have no criminal record. I have a Geography degree from U.W. Eau Claire.

I am proficient in hiking, snorkeling, boating, diving, camping, 4x4, ATV's, mechanics, survival, plant and animal identification, and many other useful skills.  I am also well traveled and have met many "celebrity" local detectorists in the places I have visited and lived.  They are all characters and very knowledgeable.  I bar tended for over 10 years and I know how to relate to people.

I can submit photos upon request.  Thank you for your consideration

Sincerely,

Aaron
schancac@yahoo.com

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201440.html#msg201440

Offline indiana jones
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

maxi pulse
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2011, 09:52:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

HI Heather,

I have been a treasure hunter since 2006. Nobody has experience like I did in the past. I probably have the most interesting story to discuss about hidden treasure.

I have done music video and that about it. I have no experience in television network.
You are welcome to email me for more information.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201441.html#msg201441

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Jump to: