[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline FlowerOfTheSea
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1685.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ADS III / Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 02:14:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Aww, that sucks. I hate people who do that with a passion. Maybe, they will bring back public executions and make an example of the first 5000 they catch. Would probably make them think it wasn't as much fun and make them think twice. Christian, I hope I didn't sound like I was disgruntled with the site, because I definitely am not,just saying what I was experiencing. Sometimes, feedback info might help.
He seemed a might touchy to me and great job getting 'er back up Christian.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35308.msg218306.html#msg218306

FlowerOfTheSea (Flor Do Mar)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:48:20 pm by FlowerOfTheSea »
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 02:30:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Don't know what you did Christian but the forum has speeded up by five times for sure.

Thank you.

What ta ell do these people have to gain by attacking us?

GD, I was not making fun of any one , just pointing out post were well over a few years old.

Going Insaine here.   Gotta get the Van Runing!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35308.msg218309.html#msg218309

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 02:45:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
GD, I was not making fun of any one , just pointing out post were well over a few years old.

I know, mate. I couldn't see why he called you a racist either. Which is why I joked about NASCAR in another thread.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35308.msg218313.html#msg218313

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline oroblanco
Copper Member

Nemo me impune lacesset
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Lobo, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Whites
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2012, 11:33:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

FloweroftheSea - it was Norton anti-virus, which I heartily do NOT recommend as you can never get rid of it either.  It did help with the spybot problem though.

On the cyber-attack - wow why would anyone do that?  To a treasure hunters forum?  What do they gain, other than the risk of getting caught and prosecuted?  I hope you catch them and press charges.
Oroblanco

Coffee

PS for some reason, every page here is activating the Google translate 'bar' at top, which I have never seen before.  I hope that is not a sign that something is taking root in the server.  It is not a problem for me, I just click it shut but thought I should let you know that something is going on that never has before.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35308.msg218432.html#msg218432

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:35:36 pm by oroblanco »

"We must find a way, or we will make one." -> Hannibal Barca

Offline ChristianTopic starter
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 01:23:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by oroblanco
PS for some reason, every page here is activating the Google translate 'bar' at top, which I have never seen before.  I hope that is not a sign that something is taking root in the server.  It is not a problem for me, I just click it shut but thought I should let you know that something is going on that never has before.

Hello Roy,

the translation plugin got installed by me yesterday as I thought it might be helpfull for visitors with a limited comand of English.

As far as the attacks go I'm working on a fix that should help limit the impacts of the attack.

It is a real shame that there are individuals who take fun in attacking sites but one unfortunately just has to deal with this. I'm sorry for any inconvinience caused by this but there is no protetion against evil people on the internet. The good thing in the end is that these attacks will usually end as suddenly as they did start.

Best wishes and thanks to all of you for being part of this site,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35308.msg218481.html#msg218481

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 01:41:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

LOL! GD The PI are about as diverse as we are here in the USA.

I have No Idea what Color, Race or Creed the man is.

If He wants a Go at me, I'm Pink!

That's White European (Dutch and Swede) , Irish, American Native and a Wee Bit of Other.m   No Idea what that other is but I'm sure it's in there some place.

Fathers side.  Grand Mother was Dutch.   Grand Father was  short Chit dutch man.    LOL

Mothers Side. Grand Mother was Half Senica American and Irish!  

Kinda funny how that happens.    Man in the woods and Comes across a hut of Wild Amazon ladies that Need a Man?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35308.msg218484.html#msg218484

Offline Brenda
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's MXT
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 12:43:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello! I have not been able to get on the site in a few days, and before that, I could not get on the site off and on for days at a time. So, I have not been here as much as I would like. Also, I was very frustrated when I could not download my  photo's on here with my story. So, I gave up...sorry, I tried more than once. So, I have not been posting any finds...cause you all want pics...lol And yes, I do resize them down to 50%...is that not enough? Let me know...they and the stories are still in my head! lol Oh, also, and I do not mean to be a trouble maker, but when people read the posts, why do most of them not reply with a thanks or congrats to the poster?  I can see an improvement to Thunting already. Thanks for listning! Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35308.msg218778.html#msg218778

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2012, 06:25:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Brenda
Hello! I have not been able to get on the site in a few days, and before that, I could not get on the site off and on for days at a time. So, I have not been here as much as I would like. Also, I was very frustrated when I could not download my  photo's on here with my story. So, I gave up...sorry, I tried more than once. So, I have not been posting any finds...cause you all want pics...lol And yes, I do resize them down to 50%...is that not enough? Let me know...they and the stories are still in my head! lol Oh, also, and I do not mean to be a trouble maker, but when people read the posts, why do most of them not reply with a thanks or congrats to the poster?  I can see an improvement to Thunting already. Thanks for listning! Smiley

Brenda, the forum is undergoing a serious overhaul due to outdated software upgrade and, right in the middle of that, a hacking attack. Thus, the forum can be unexpectedly shut down when this happens. There is lots of hard work going on so be patient.

Regarding your photo uploads, this is also being addressed and periodically is unavailable. Keep trying. Size by percentage is not an issue. Size by kilobytes is. Stay under 500k for best results.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35308.msg218803.html#msg218803

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2012, 02:17:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Brenda

I'm always game to look at other peoples finds and when there is a good comment to give, then tats what I do but I have never seen any of your finds to date. But if I do I"ll be sure to comment it for ye

All the best
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35308.msg218863.html#msg218863

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline ChristianTopic starter
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2012, 07:30:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

@ Brenda: The site was unavailable due to an attack on our server. However the attack has ended and everything is running stable again.

Regarding your pics: Just make sure they are in the JPG Format and that they are under 500kb in size per file and you should be fine. Let us know if you need any help on this and we will be happy to give you a hand.

best wishes

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35308.msg218926.html#msg218926

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Jump to: