[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline treasuremomoTopic starter
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 11:52:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dowsing just don't seem to work for me in the field--but I can take a rod and it will seem to point toward some known object like can of coins or buried silver cache that I know is there for testing--but no such luck in the field--oh it'll point but never can I go directly to some cache that I never knew was there in the first place--WHY??? WHO KNOWS???

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8630.msg55325.html#msg55325

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 08:23:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Many priests have practiced dowsing/divining. When you do it with evil intentions, it's witchcraft or black magic.

I've read that the mind is your best friend or your worst enemy in dowsing. Just look at the skeptics. They have psyched themself out of it totally. Best to find someone who can teach you one-on-one. I doubt most people can learn on their own. For starters, most people claim they are relaxed but they are not. You need some form of meditation and it usually takes about twenty minutes to get really relaxed enough to tune out outside (and inside your head) interferences. That alone will take several weeks of daily practice.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8630.msg55399.html#msg55399

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline Sedonan
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 12:14:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

treasuremomo,
 That is exactly what I have been saying on these forums for years. Dowsing works in a way as yet completely unknown. It will work on known test targets for an experienced dowser, in any manner, such as map dowsing, field dowsing, or information dowsing. It will NOT work on unknown lost, buried, or sunken treasures. However, many times when you are field dowsing, you will get a direction to a spot or spots that you do not know anything about. More often than not, SOMETHING will be at those spots, but not an unknown treasure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8630.msg55420.html#msg55420

Him thief him fren' of him last Guiney
  Him kill both Priest and Friar,o dear.
    Him cut de troat of piccanniny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer.

Offline treasuremomoTopic starter
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 12:33:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

mike, you may be right--I don't rightly know one way or the other. I just know that dowsing has never worked worth a crap for me...and believe me I have experimented with it---a friend of mine even builds them and tests them and has bought several types of the dowsing rods and dowsing box units. But we have no luck when we go in a place to use them Violent Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8630.msg55427.html#msg55427

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 02:35:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here's something you can try: Have two different practice areas and have a person hide the target in one area. Best if this person is not present when you search because their body language can give it away (they call it a "tell" in poker). You only know the target is in one of two areas and what this does is teach you to learn where the target IS and just as important where it ISN'T.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8630.msg55462.html#msg55462

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 05:09:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by treasuremomo
mike, you may be right--I don't rightly know one way or the other. I just know that dowsing has never worked worth a crap for me...and believe me I have experimented with it---a friend of mine even builds them and tests them and has bought several types of the dowsing rods and dowsing box units. But we have no luck when we go in a place to use them Violent Wise

It could be your presence that prevents it from working because of YOUR doubts, not his.... when I accompany someone dowsing, I try to be neutral.... it seems to work. I know I have a lot of doubts, even if it does work for me, on a map. When I get out, on the ground, so-to-speak, it seems to fail!   Shocked  Grin

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8630.msg55497.html#msg55497

goldigger

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 05:21:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by treasuremomo
I believe that a person who believes in a christianly direction may not be able to dowse-because of his/her beliefs that it may be some sort of witchcraft or sorcery-and the bible teaches against those things--  I've tried the dowsing thing and it don't work for me--but then again I'm a believer in bible and Jesus and all that--so that may keep me from doing the dowsing thing--not sure? I know I've got an uncanny almost psychic ability at havibf dreams or pre-thoughts before a real thing happens--but it doesn't work for me at all times...So why not dowsing?

That is an interesting and possibly valid point!  Shocked

Scientific research has shown nearly every one has a part of the brain (right, fore brain) which senses the presence of paranormal or god/angel manifestations, although some people do not have it, some have it so strongly they BELIEVE they are God!

I think this brain area may also play a part in dowsing. How, I am not sure, but it can be stimulated with a magnetic field, in scientific experiments, so that may be it.  Kiss

I do know that I have never felt this *God presence,* so it may  be less developed in my brain.... never having had it, I do not miss it. So, I have to do without dowsing, even though I see evidence that it does work.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8630.msg55500.html#msg55500

goldigger

Offline rab
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Scotland

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

EXPLORER 2 / X1 PROBE  / XS BACKUP
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 05:28:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi i know it works for power cables, gas pipes, water pipes ,drains im a builder and couldnt do with out them i use two piecs of fencing wire with two thread bobins on each one .rab

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8630.msg59753.html#msg59753

Offline darylluke
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2009, 03:31:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dowsing is not divining.Everything else you said here is 100% accurate. Kiss
Quote:Posted by Mike
Many priests have practiced dowsing/divining. When you do it with evil intentions, it's witchcraft or black magic.

I've read that the mind is your best friend or your worst enemy in dowsing. Just look at the skeptics. They have psyched themself out of it totally. Best to find someone who can teach you one-on-one. I doubt most people can learn on their own. For starters, most people claim they are relaxed but they are not. You need some form of meditation and it usually takes about twenty minutes to get really relaxed enough to tune out outside (and inside your head) interferences. That alone will take several weeks of daily practice.

Anybody ever read Abbe' Mermett's book? Completely documented priest with phenomenal dowsing ability in France in early 20th century.This author's name is actually a closely guarded secret by current, alive successful dowsers. I'm not here to argue with anyone, but simply stating what my 20+ years of investigation into this topic has revealed. Abbe" Mermett didn't have no fancy-shmancy electo doo-hickeys attached to his pendulum. The trick is to discipline the mind. It is not that the rods, or Y-stick, or whatever is not working. It is your mind piling in more information AFTER you start dowsing in the field.Map-dowsing indoors is a controlled environment with few to zero distractions. Once one gets outdoors to the location indicated by map-dowsing, your distractions are multiplied +1000% versus indoors. ANY mind-chatter after one asks the initial question on-site (within one's mind) DOES throw dowsing results into the crapper.The trick is FOCUS, complete FOCUS after the initial question "seeds" the rods or instrument used.Each time a distraction DOES happen, and you accept you lost FOCUS, one must start from scratch. Re-FOCUS, cancel the instrument, state the question, and follow the rods where they lead, trusting 100%.Hmmmm....UNKNOWN vs. known has nothing at all to do with anything.This is another myth being created imo.OIL-people get filthy rich using this art of dowsing.Quietly smirking  :-Xat the scoffers, neigh-sayers and bunkers of dowsing, knowing FULL WELL it works, as they laugh Grin all the way to the bank. The Amazing Randi and his ilk keep rich-oil's SECRET a secret! These are just ideas that may or may not be true, which I've presented here.Take it or leave it, but I won't debate any of it. Mama didn't raise no liar. Tongue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8630.msg59886.html#msg59886

Offline Sedonan
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2009, 07:08:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

"Hmmmm....UNKNOWN vs. known has nothing at all to do with anything."
Completely, 100% wrong. I have been dowsing for over 37 years, and finding treasure for over 45. I am one of the original Lucayan Treasure Boys, that recovered 20,000 Spanish silver coins in the mid-1960's. I have salvaged wrecks in 5 different countries. I have successfully dowsed for water, and lost objects, and ore veins for a long time. I was tested for map dowsing by Stanford Research Intl., and was told that I have an unusual gift.
I have never heard of ANYONE using any dowsing method to recover an UNKNOWN lost, buried, or sunken treasure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8630.msg59891.html#msg59891

Him thief him fren' of him last Guiney
  Him kill both Priest and Friar,o dear.
    Him cut de troat of piccanniny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer.

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: