[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2011, 02:16:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sorry GD no plans were used. The dowsing was done just for fun. In my opinion it gave good results. I know you have a hard time to believe that it could possibly work.    Cool

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142938.html#msg142938

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2011, 03:19:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Sorry GD no plans were used. The dowsing was done just for fun. In my opinion it gave good results. I know you have a hard time to believe that it could possibly work.    Cool

It's not that at all. What it is, my friend, is a lack of evidence that it was dowsing that brought you to the pipe. You see, you were there because you KNEW there was a pipe there. You also brought your pipe locator. If you didn't KNOW already that there was a pipe there, then you might have a bit of a different case but not much because you would still have been there for a reason other than purely to test dowsing.

I'm quite certain that you don't understand what I am getting at here so why not just drop it? I'm serious. We can go back and forth for weeks and get nowhere. I will not believe that dowsing found the pipe for you ever and you will not ever understand that you were there BECAUSE of the existence of the pipe. You did no "discover" a pipe with dowsing. You just walked around with two sticks and your years of experience had you walking right over the correct spot.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142946.html#msg142946

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2011, 05:18:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

yea I think Il leave this posting soon
 Dowsing rods says pipe below X marks the spot. I was surprised with the ease of the positive signal and the results positive confirmed with the pipe.
 Not rearly surprised that you cant belive that this is possible. I think you have made up your mind on this, because you dont think its possible to use dowsing
   Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142960.html#msg142960

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2011, 09:31:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dowsing rods says pipe below X marks the spot. I was surprised with the ease of the positive signal and the results positive confirmed with the pipe.
 Not rearly surprised that you cant belive that this is possible. I think you have made up your mind on this, because you dont think its possible to use dowsing
   Cool

You now  know the rods will work?Now check for water lines, gas lines and sewer lines around your home. Just to confirm the  markings on the street are right?If you do not want to use them  for any thing else that is your right. ?there is much more that you will have to learn to hunt treasure with then?Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg142987.html#msg142987

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2011, 04:22:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cool

No, my mind is quite open to evidence, not to fairy tales. That's how science works while dowsing is just stories being told and retold.

Posted on: February 07, 2011, 12:21:55 AM
Quote:Posted by art3811
You now  know the rods will work?Now check for water lines, gas lines and sewer lines around your home. Just to confirm the  markings on the street are right?If you do not want to use them  for any thing else that is your right. ?there is much more that you will have to learn to hunt treasure with then?Art

Yeah, right, Art. You know better than the town planners do.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143083.html#msg143083

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2011, 08:40:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Did I say that..Many people live in areas that have no side walks and gutters. The markers for utilities are put on the asphalt. Then comes along someone and digs up the street or the street is repaved..Bye bye markers..It is better to be safe than sorry..Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143152.html#msg143152

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2011, 10:52:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Did I say that..Many people live in areas that have no side walks and gutters. The markers for utilities are put on the asphalt. Then comes along someone and digs up the street or the street is repaved..Bye bye markers..It is better to be safe than sorry..Art

You did say just that. You said it was to VERIFY the markings. Be careful what you write, mate. Some people pay attention. Only an absolute fool would use dowsing for their own safety, Art. Seriously.

Posted on: February 07, 2011, 06:51:44 AM
From your earlier post:

Now check for water lines, gas lines and sewer lines around your home. Just to confirm the  markings on the street are right

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143193.html#msg143193

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:55:23 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 02:32:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I woud guess that you have never planted a big tree over a utility line..I would guess that a Plummer has never tried to over charge you because you did not know where your utility lines ran?Oh.thats right..you don?t dowse so you don?t know if you have been ripped off..Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143384.html#msg143384

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 03:50:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I woud guess that you have never planted a big tree over a utility line..I would guess that a Plummer has never tried to over charge you because you did not know where your utility lines ran?Oh.thats right..you don?t dowse so you don?t know if you have been ripped off..Art

What has that to do with your lack of faith in the town planners? You have faith in a mystical art yet no faith at all in the charts that were used to build your streets and their infrastructure? You make absolutely no sense at all. As I see it, you trust your safety to hokum. Good for you. I trust mine to engineers who design the streets on which I live.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143416.html#msg143416

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2011, 05:20:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You  must be not be understanding me..I teach people to understand where their utility lines are on their property. Should they call the city planners when they want to plant a tree ?  Should they  call the city planner when the drain cleaners wants another $75 because they have not reached the street with the first basket?My sewer line from the front bathroom to the main line is 60 feet. The cause of my problem  is a tree someone planted over the sewer line years ago that is about 30 feet from the bathroom. The gentleman ran the first basket (75 feet) and then told me he had not reached the spot where  the blockage was..I politely told him to pack up his stuff and get out of my house..the safety is being able to keep from getting ripped off 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21185.msg143437.html#msg143437

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: