[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 03:05:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by oldcoon
All I know is a little simple country logic.   The Scorpion Gold Stinger has been in the Garrett production line for 20+ years.    If it was a crappy machine it would not have lasted all this time.

I agree with oldcoon here, although the designis an old one and changing the batteries is a bit of a worrying way
of doing that task it still brings home the bacon and that alone is why it still is here,

if it aint broke dont fix it

AU

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27119.msg191830.html#msg191830

Offline mindshare
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 01:34:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hmmm, it seems no one on this forum owns a scorpion gold stinger. Everyone has opinions but I have yet to read a post by anyone that owns one. Why? 20 years on the market and nobody bought one yet?

Then why is it $500 still?

I would really like to hear from someone that actually owns the Stinger and proof of it with pictures would be nice. I found only one video on youtub showing the stinger, but comparing it to some other md. More focus on the other. Shame. Only one person in the world bought one and posted a video on the net, but failed to show it's full potential because he was too bust showing off his other md.

What's really going on with the Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger? Not enough videos and not enough testimonials.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27119.msg192319.html#msg192319

Offline denizenTopic starter
Chief Executive Slacker
Copper Member

All work and no play makes the soul a lump o' coal
Chief Executive Slacker
Thank you3

Activity
0%

United States

640.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none at the moment, but soon a TGSL i will build
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 02:04:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by mindshare
Hmmm, it seems no one on this forum owns a scorpion gold stinger. Everyone has opinions but I have yet to read a post by anyone that owns one. Why? 20 years on the market and nobody bought one yet?

Then why is it $500 still?

I would really like to hear from someone that actually owns the Stinger and proof of it with pictures would be nice. I found only one video on youtub showing the stinger, but comparing it to some other md. More focus on the other. Shame. Only one person in the world bought one and posted a video on the net, but failed to show it's full potential because he was too bust showing off his other md.

What's really going on with the Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger? Not enough videos and not enough testimonials.

I FULLY concur.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27119.msg192327.html#msg192327

Offline Nugget Hunter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett scorpion gold, Bounty hunter pro,White coin master 5000
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 02:34:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gold stinger. I have reciently bought one and took it nugget hunting. All i found was bullets and caseings. I held a bag of blackhills gold/silver  ore over the coil and i can't get it to make a sound.  I have tried all the adjustments over and over and still no sound. It is fine with coins and such but i wanted to nugget hunt. I can hold gold rings over the coil and get a sound but then there mixed with copper and such so it really doesn't tell me if it can detect pure nuggets.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27119.msg192332.html#msg192332

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 02:38:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've used this machine and never had any complaints about them!

You do have to know about Manual GB!

People using them in parks trashed out with foil bits will have fits.

This is a GOLD machine.   It finds tiny eddy bits.

Please Register or Login

http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/62-1-scorpiongoldstinger.html

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27119.msg192333.html#msg192333

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 03:33:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

this machine is as good as any so dont be to dismayed, I know of a few places that you can find info on this machine
so if you have no luck just give us a call

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27119.msg192340.html#msg192340

Offline mindshare
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 08:38:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OK, I'm calling. Where can I find more info from people actually using it today?

And those reviews it seems the most current post is from Nov 08, 2010

Starting to doubt getting this one.

Let's compare with the Tesoro Lobo or similar - lifetime warranty on that one. Is this a better choice for the money?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27119.msg192373.html#msg192373

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:44:07 pm by mindshare »
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 08:55:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by mindshare

No testimonial is the best testimonial on this machine there is 8 or 9 hard core hunters here that use that machine but your asking the wrong questions in the wrong way nobody is going to post pictures of their find for someone they don't know. As for videos I and many others have a low opinion of folks who make and post them. Kind of like them that can do them that can't make videos for folks to lazy to get out and learn on their own.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27119.msg192374.html#msg192374

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline denizenTopic starter
Chief Executive Slacker
Copper Member

All work and no play makes the soul a lump o' coal
Chief Executive Slacker
Thank you3

Activity
0%

United States

640.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none at the moment, but soon a TGSL i will build
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 09:25:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ahh, yep, Seldom's right. Everyone dwells on the bad s*** and nobody even mentions the good. You can say this about almost every aspect of life. They're too busy enjoying the object to critique it mentally, which translates to no online critiques. Plus I think the treasure hunters that find good treasure with a certain tool would like to keep it a secret, for different reasons. I'm not saying all are this way, though. "I just says it like I sees it!" (or think it, subjectively)

I understand though that I would not want to spend 500 of my HARD EARNED money from some job I probably hate(or put too much of my valuable time into, just to scrape by) on a device that is clouded in mystery. I for one want the best and I am gladly grateful to any OBJECTIVE(not subjective) critiques on the Scorpion Gold Digger. Ford's been around longer than 20 years, and so have other particular items of a particular corporate entity, and I don't trust most Fords. Nor will I trust driving a Chevrolet unless it's pre 1985 and not a silverado. I have an auto mechanical background, so I speak from experience.

Having little to do with respect or understanding of the other people in this forum (which sometimes happens) one is sometimes only concerned with satisfying their curiosity and desire to get the right device and not being pissed off that they bought a 500 dollar piece of crud. I have been guilty of letting my curiosity being a nuisance before. I try to be more considerate and understanding, but that's not always the case. Sometimes I want to cut all the B.S. and get straight to the bottom line. Which is sometimes frustrating and online forums with no personal face to face connections makes it near impossible to effectively articulate, making people less tolerant as they can't understand where the other person is coming from. Emotionless interwebs.. We have been reduced to rhetoric, which few have a handle on. They tend to not teach much about it in school.

I've already decided on just building my TGSL and using it as my only detector. Maybe one day, when I've seen enough(or any) positive reception on this forum of the Scorpion, other than hear-say, I will trust in facts alone and buy it. I can afford the TGSL and not wince at the price, so it's far easier for me to buy it than a $500 luxury item which I plan to buy in the future when I can afford it and not worry about groceries or the electric bill.

I Hope I was clear and not offensive to anybody.  Wink

Posted on: August 25, 2011, 02:22:08 PM
Oops.. I didn't see the reviews homefire linked earlier. I just now saw it in review of this thread. I will read the link. Thanks Homefire!  Grin Please consider the previous comments about lack of reception of this device as fiction and non-existent! LOL! Like nuclear waste.. Sad

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27119.msg192379.html#msg192379

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 09:40:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well folks I have avoided placing this thread here in case of it upsettin anyone but heres the facts
from one of the best in the bussiness and you will always get the good oil from this guy, and he knows
more than most of us could learn, so get stuck in, coz his knowledge is solid Gold, thats a fact

AU

Please Register or Login

http://www.akmining.com/forums/showthread.php/13-Latest-Nugget-Detector-Recommendations-for-Alaska

Posted on: August 25, 2011, 09:33:05 PM
Quote:Posted by denizen
Having little to do with respect or understanding of the other people in this forum (which sometimes happens) one is sometimes only concerned with satisfying their curiosity and desire to get the right device and not being pissed off that they bought a 500 dollar piece of crud. I have been guilty of letting my curiosity being a nuisance before. I try to be more considerate and understanding, but that's not always the case. Sometimes I want to cut all the B.S. and get straight to the bottom line. Which is sometimes frustrating and online forums with no personal face to face connections makes it near impossible to effectively articulate, making people less tolerant as they can't understand where the other person is coming from. Emotionless interwebs.. We have been reduced to rhetoric, which few have a handle on. They tend to not teach much about it in school.

Well if your ever stuck, I have all the time you need, I'd like to think that the distance between us folks wont
stand in my way of doing the best I can for anyone here, So hang in there

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27119.msg192381.html#msg192381

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: