[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline NuggetSeeker
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

71.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2011, 12:30:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Ridge Runner. I will try the links, and probably get back to you with more questions. By the way, after putting in a lot of posts in the topic "My name is Terry," I found out that the post I put in there didn't count towards my total posts, and that I was just blowing smoke, wasting my time and the time of those reading them. I wish someone had of told me sooner that this was the case.

I'm told that the idea of having to put in 25 posts in to get people to use this forum. Why? - Are you worried that if you don't force people to use it, then it will just dry up, and cease to exist? I honestly don't get it. Look at how many people use it, and keep on using it, some have made thousands of posts. You have made 2585. Look at how many views there are for each topic. People are interested and will keep on using it.

Also I imagine there are also a lot of people who are frustrated with not being able to see all the information they need, and don't like the idea of having to submit posts. I'm one of them. 

And I imagine a lot of such people say to hell with it and go looking for other forums.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23579.msg173344.html#msg173344

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2011, 01:19:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

G Day Nugget Seeker, There is nothing sinister about it, The reason the level was raise to 25 posts is because we get people coming here just for the down loads and the down loads belong to YOU the members and those down loads are the work and efforts of the
members,

Now, you don't have to have 25 posts you are free to do what ever you like the only area that dose not gain you posts ARE,
the introduction threads and birthday posts and thats it, as for the amount of posts that i have is due to the amount of hours
that i spend here helping others such as your self per day,
So far my record is 29 hours straight and that was during this past week but my average is 18 hours per day of which i don't
get payed for it and i pay my own internet conection and i do it for free so what ever posts or gold i have does no matter it is the members that matter to me. and as a Fellow Australian i'm surprized that you seem to be having a shot at me, after i have gone
out of my way to help a fellow Australian, Thats not the Anzac spirit that I know,

One more thing to remember is that this forum is free and all that is asked is that we take part once in a blue moon.

Please feel free to just give us a shout if you need any more help and i will be glad to do so.

AU

Posted on: May 15, 2011, 01:03:31 PM
As for the 25 posts it is only the down load section and there is not a massive amount there.

If you have 1 post you can go anywhere on the forum so just go and nose around.
personally i don't get the time so i don't know what is there, as i am always too busy.
As i spend my time finding info etc for others.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23579.msg173352.html#msg173352

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2011, 04:56:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by NuggetSeeker
Thanks Ridge Runner. I will try the links, and probably get back to you with more questions. By the way, after putting in a lot of posts in the topic "My name is Terry," I found out that the post I put in there didn't count towards my total posts, and that I was just blowing smoke, wasting my time and the time of those reading them. I wish someone had of told me sooner that this was the case.

I'm told that the idea of having to put in 25 posts in to get people to use this forum. Why? - Are you worried that if you don't force people to use it, then it will just dry up, and cease to exist? I honestly don't get it. Look at how many people use it, and keep on using it, some have made thousands of posts. You have made 2585. Look at how many views there are for each topic. People are interested and will keep on using it.

Also I imagine there are also a lot of people who are frustrated with not being able to see all the information they need, and don't like the idea of having to submit posts. I'm one of them. 

And I imagine a lot of such people say to hell with it and go looking for other forums.

The reason for 25 posts is to keep the spammers away. That's the entire reason. If you want more details, just search on the term "25 posts" using the search block at the top right corner of your page.

We welcome the departure of spammers. I thank you for your comments here.

Let me ask you a question. What exactly do you believe there is to be gained from having full membership? What is it you believe you are missing? I'm curious.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23579.msg173392.html#msg173392

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline NuggetSeeker
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

71.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2011, 10:36:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

First, Ridge Runner, I was not having a shot at you, but at the system. Although I did mention a few times in "My Name is Terry," that I was just posting here to run up my posts, and you didn't point out that here they didn't count. Incidentally while in that topic I did check an app to find out what time it was in London, and wondered when you found time to sleep. It crossed my mind that you had been at it for many hours.

Now to answer GoldDigger1950's questions. Well first, you don't need to be a full member to spam, anybody can do it.

But my main area of frustration is this. I'm here hoping to be able to find information on how to build a PI detector. I'm not here to socialize. I'm not here to talk about the weather, or other mindless chit chat. Believe it or not, I'm a shy person, and I'm not fond of talking to people I don't know about personal matters. I don't suffer fools lightly. Although, ironically I do like to write.

Now to the nitty gritties - As I said I would like to find out how to build a PI detector.
I have put in a lot of time on this site reading about "the pi detector for $50", and "the delta/sniffer XR71 detector." Both these topics are long and contain many technical details. I have found it extremely frustrating to be deep into reading these posts, reading about mods:- parts and design changes to the original, when from the very start I have been denied access to the schematic, board layout, parts list, parts placement etc, the things that the people writing on the topic are talking about.

Now about posting, both these topics are many pages long, the delta/sniffer is at least 60 pages long, and I can't post until the end. But at the end I can't post without understand what has gone before, that is, without having read it all from the start. So I have spent days reading, and trying to understand without the essential technical foundation of the subject. very frustrating - VERY FRUSTRATING. It seems when I do become a full member I will need to go back and read it all again, in order to understand it fully. No big deal, I guess. I would probable do that again anyway even if I was a full member from the start. like writing, I enjoy reading.

Sure I could go and look for a shorter topic that I'm not interested in and post crap to become a full member, but my time is valuable to me, and I don't like wasting it.  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23579.msg173486.html#msg173486

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:52:01 pm by NuggetSeeker »
Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2011, 01:59:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

There are many posts about the required amount of post needed on the front page if you look in frequently asked questions,

The limit use to be lower but people use to just come here get what they want and go and thats not right

If you ask someone like GD 1950 I'm sure he can ansewer your questions better than me because he's a bit of a wizz at
making these type things and I'm not, Because I would just rather buy one and get on with detecting,

Good luck

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23579.msg173498.html#msg173498

Offline NuggetSeeker
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

71.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 09:16:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger1950 asked me some questions a few posts back. 2 posts back I tried to answer them.

Posted on: May 17, 2011, 09:12:40 AM
A thanks for my sincere effort might me nice.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23579.msg173920.html#msg173920

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 09:20:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well if you go to the South Africa thread and ask Xavier he will have some ansewers for you.

And the other person you can ask is jrock that man reallly knows his stuff

AU

Posted on: May 17, 2011, 09:17:36 AM
Quote:Posted by NuggetSeeker
A thanks for my sincere effort might me nice

sorry I think I'm missing something here?

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23579.msg173922.html#msg173922

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 09:42:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

In Tucson as a Kid, I loved the State Fairs.

One time the National Guard had a Ground Radar set up.

Being Totally into Cool stuff I hung around for a while.

They had it set up to look at I-10.

Making a royal Pain of my self one of the troops ask me if I wanted to hear what it sounded like.

This thing was probably 1960's or so tech.  This was in the 70's!

The Dish was some what like a C-Band Sat TV set up.

All you could hear was a light wooosh sound.

Set the threshold down low so you could just hear it and it would talk to you.

In ten minutes I figured out the sound of a car.   Woooosh.

I figured out the sound of a Semi Truck.  Wooooooooooosh.

I figured out the sound of a Motor cycle.  Woop.

Two cars close together.  Wooo, Wooosh.

LOL!  Doesn't this sound familiar to you Analog Detector users?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23579.msg173929.html#msg173929

Offline Ridge Runner
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 10:08:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Now I am confused

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23579.msg173934.html#msg173934

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 10:19:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

What's ta be confused about?

Most analog detector sound the same unless it uses a Voltage Controlled Osc on the Audio.  Even then the do the same except the Pitch goes up and down with the Wooosh.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23579.msg173937.html#msg173937

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: