[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline DK2016
Proud voider of Warranties
Foil

"Oh a warranty sticker, chaaaarge!"
Proud voider of Warranties
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 63.0.3239.108
Chrome 63.0.3239.108

Awards
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2017, 07:52:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What are you having trouble with, regarding Arduino specifically. Something not working right? config problems? Screenshots are always welcome.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65709.msg322022.html#msg322022

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 07:54:51 pm by DK2016 »
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 57.0
Firefox 57.0

Awards
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2017, 08:35:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just a Project I'm working on.  I could use some help with the Sketch printing Values to a GLCD.  Not on this post.   Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65709.msg322023.html#msg322023

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 57.0
Firefox 57.0

Awards
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2017, 06:01:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Back On Track.     I have another coil coming to try on your machine.      Tesoro 'Deep Search' 8.5" wide scan DD coil.    $15.00 Shipped.  Let see what this one does. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65709.msg322059.html#msg322059

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

TesoroDeepScanDD.jpg

Offline Timc
Copper Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%

Australia

245.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Chrome 49.0.2623.112
Chrome 49.0.2623.112

Awards
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2018, 09:23:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Idaho Jones
I remember somewhere on here a few years back Xavier built a coil and he made a nifty counter for keeping track of the wraps. Took lots of pictures and all. I was going to make one, its still on my project list in case I actually get around to building a detector project....

Hi homefire and all. Just back here after a forced break (Pancreatic cancer stage IV), and have now caught up at geotech. Here's a pic of my bike frame coil winder with counter. Not designed for confined spaces, but can do up to 43.5cm coils, and just change the hook configurations for different shapes (e.g. DD). Spring loaded bobbin keeps the tension as long as you keep winding and stop at pedal down.
Great to see all the industrious activity over here at THunting Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65709.msg323081.html#msg323081

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

camera 513_small.jpg
camera 514_small.jpg

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 57.0
Firefox 57.0

Awards
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2018, 01:31:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dang Tim !  You need to quit playing around with that Cancer Crap.  That chit can hurt you.   Huh?    

Good to see you posting.  I remember that machine from some time back.  Your More Industrious then me.  I just use these Girly Toys !

Posted on: January 04, 2018, 11:03:49 pm
GrowDude

Received that second Wide Scan coil today.  Measuring Inductance between the GRN and WHT wire looks to be off yet it seems to be working. I think it has a short between the windings some place.  These readings between the RED and GRN should not be.   I'll give it a go on the detector and see what it does.   Need to replace the wire  .  I think I got had on this one too !   Crazy  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65709.msg323085.html#msg323085

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

0919171020.jpg
2nd WideScan Coil R-B wire.jpg
2nd WideScan Coil Shorted.jpg
TesorocoilWiDe Scan.jpg

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:41:51 pm by homefire »
Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.13
Mac OS X 10.13
Firefox 57.0
Firefox 57.0

Awards
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2018, 09:56:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Homefire. Knit up another pair of wool socks. The temps here are running below zero at night!

How ya doing with the 30Ga wire?? Tiny stuff eh?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65709.msg323090.html#msg323090

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 57.0
Firefox 57.0

Awards
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2018, 09:46:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Mud, not got to that project yet .  Stupid things keep coming up taking priority.  Yep, thin stuff to be sure but not as thin as that .2mm I was working with.  I'm still going to give that a go.  Waiting for some Graphite to show up. 

If my fingers warm up a bit here later I Think I'll get out that .2mm  and do the checking I was talking about a few post back.  The dang resistance is just too high I think.  My Impedance meter will not give a reading on them because of the High Resistance. The LCR Tester GrowDude sent does.  I can't seem to find the specifications on the thing. 

You all should initiate a Class Action Suite on Al Gore for WRONGFUL GLOBAL COOLING !  Man tends to Overrate their Importance in the Grand Scheme of things. The Earth is going to do what the Earth has been doing for Billions of Years with or without Mans presence. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65709.msg323091.html#msg323091

Offline Timc
Copper Member

Thank you10

Activity
0%

Australia

245.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Chrome 49.0.2623.112
Chrome 49.0.2623.112

Awards
« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2018, 11:23:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire

You all should initiate a Class Action Suite on Al Gore for WRONGFUL GLOBAL COOLING !  Man tends to Overrate their Importance in the Grand Scheme of things. The Earth is going to do what the Earth has been doing for Billions of Years with or without Mans presence. 

Ermmm...Sorry homefire, I respectfully disagree. The result of global warming is extremes in temperature- a bit of a misnomer. Yes, man does tend to over-rate his importance- he thinks he can do anything to the only planet we have without disastrous consequence,and some think that some divine being will sort it out for them.
Mother Nature is a harsh master, and not one to be held in contempt. She has no sympathy for corporate capitalism. petroleum or plastic, coal or clearfell. No sympathy for the cretinous fornication and breeding of us bald monkeys, or our well-practiced skills of genocide, complacency, ignorance and denial. No sympathy for our dirty, lazy habits and short-sighted short-cuts.
 Petroleum and plastics have been over-used for 100 years. Bisphenol A was developed as a birth control. Its ongoing use as a plastic hardener has infected the planet with xenoestrogen and it is an indisputably proven endocrine disruptor. Birth defects, homosexuality/feminisation and micro-plastic poisoning are its legacies. In the scheme of things this is an incredibly fast decline.
Catalytic conversion can rid us of some of these plastics, but there's no money in it for Bayer or Mobil-Exxon.
There has NEVER been any legitimate reason for fossil fuels. Electric cars, and the lead-acid battery (fully recyclable) pre-date petroleum. The weight and convenience economics quoted by the petroleum industry are lies now and were fudged in 1900. If adequate research had been directed to this area we would be miles ahead.
 Rotational tree farming (carbon capture) could replace all our modern-day coal use with a comparitively miniscule amount of planning and foresight (compared to the century of scamming of the fossil fuel industry) , while creating jobs.

Today Sydney had its highest temperature ON RECORD at 47.3C (117.14F). Only beaten by last summers February high of 47.0C.
It is Trump, Turnbull and their corporate puppeteers who would burn in Hell in a just world.

If there is a God, it is Al Gore.

Sorry to hijack the thread homefire Rider

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65709.msg323093.html#msg323093

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2018, 10:32:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Tim, that's some powerful comments, I think you should post it in the political section where it won't be wasted because you make some good points there and unlike another forum you are allowed such topics to be shared,   Cool

RR.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65709.msg323095.html#msg323095

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 57.0
Firefox 57.0

Awards
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2018, 11:16:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

LOL, Your a funny man TimC.   Gore a God?  God Father of Corruption maybe, eaaa?  

Over the whole of mans industrial age Including the Use of the Automobile,  Man hasn't produced the amount of Green House Gasses a few large Volcano Fluctuation can produce.  If there was to be any contributions via Green House Agents  it would be Air Travel.  We pump billions of lbs of crap into the air ever year by that alone.

The Earth has always had climatic swings over it's whole life time due to internal changes and varying Solar Activities.  Anything Man could have or has caused in that department is minuscule.  The Slightest level variations of our atmospheric Co2 content is even within natural variances.  Any alarm has been caused by Manipulating Junk Science Numbers !  Global Warming ( Now Known as Global Change) is NOT caused by MAN .

Yes the oil industry sabotaged the Electric Car to a point.  They also have the means to triple the gas miles a gal of gas could produce. Edison did the same with Electricity.  He sabotaged Tesla's Free Electric Idea's !

Where would all that Electricity come from ?  You know about Electronics and Energy.  Every time you transfer Energy loose some.  Every time you change the state of Energy you loose some.   It would take copious amounts of Electricity to replace Fossil Fuels as they are used today.  With our current technology Electric Cars could not do the job we require here in the south west with there limited ranges.   The only VIABLE solution to cheap clean Electrical Power at this time is Nuclear and the same people yelping about Global Warming Refuse to use it.  

Yes, Plastics the WONDER Material has turned out to be a thorn .   I don't know about the Sexual Transgressions it causes.  I'll just add that to the List of Possible ?   I'm more concerned with  the amounts of Plant Estrogen's people are consuming via Soy Products.  Combined with all the Recycled Birth Control Hormones contained in reclamation water  I'm convinced that is why the number of Girly Boys and Butches has raised.    Ever notice places that use the most Reclamation   Water produce the most Sexual Deviants ?   Current Water Treatment fails to remove that component.  

Please start another post in the

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/chit_chat_everything_else-b30.0/
 if you wish to continue.  

Well I need to sort out a housing for your TGSL here GlowDude.   Do you want me to shove it in that one you had for the IGSL ?  In any event I need to get all the pots and switches hooked up so I can test it out, eaa?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65709.msg323097.html#msg323097

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:21:00 am by homefire »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Jump to: