[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dhee77
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 08:11:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Mr. Cornelius, that  is a very good question you posted.  Were you a WWII veteran who fought the Japs in the Philippines?  I hope you are because then that will be a reasonable view on the matter.  Let?s pursue your question of whether we know the ?true story for Japanese occupation of the Philippines??the answer is its STRATEGIC location in the Southeast Asian region.  It is the logical venue for a possible Japanese central government, Philippines has easy and shortest routes (equidistant) to many countries in the region such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Taiwan and Singapore (if Philippines is the reference point).  Gen. MacArthur could have easily bypassed the Philippines if not only due to its strategic importance.  How is that?  Even if Japan surrendered to the US, MacArthur?s forces will still have to root out the Japs in the Philippines because of its formidable size and force. 

By these facts, you can deduce that at least two military brilliant generals of WWII (Gen. MacArthur and Gen. Yamashita) has appreciated the strategic value of the Philippines thus appropriating manpower(armies), resources and especially their sacred honors to fight each other out in this part of the globe.  US and Japan in WWII would not waste much needed resources for no apparent reasons.

Christian,  I love your name because I am a Christian  too by faith.  I totally agree with you on the shipwreck find of Mr. Robert Curtis as the only reported case of Yamashita treasure find, but, how about the unreported cases?  A wise treasure hunter in the country who found one knew better than to boast about it or worst advertise it at the expense of his security and government scrutiny.  A point is overlooked though, was this shipwreck the only one?  This validates the information that I mentioned (in my reply to Mr. Cornelius) that the Japs attempted to smuggle the Yamashita treasure out of the country to no avail.  Remember, the volume of the treasure (which is similar to the movie ?National Treasure? by Nicolas Cage) is said to be too great for any one man?not even a King!

Frustrations, deceptions, costs, terrain & technical difficulties, legalities and other hosts of challenges in finding even a single big treasure find made the Yamashita Treasure easily passed on as a MYTH.  But consider the intelligent way of treasure hunting which is 99.9% research.  Actual digging per se can take only a few hours, days or months but research may take years and even decades.  To me, the research part is the real challenge as exemplified by many adventure films such as the series of  Indiana Jones and specially by National Treasure movies?one is a professor and the other is a history enthusiast.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3700.msg26902.html#msg26902

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 08:13:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

There is no TIGER OF THE HIMALAYAS
You have no proof of any YAMASHITA TREASURE
You still have ZERO CREDIBILITY
My case rests, and you've been laughed at.  Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3700.msg26903.html#msg26903

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 08:15:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

dhee77 You were speaking of civilian workers . You did not mention the Filipines only . The Japanese used plenty civilian workers . Even plenty Filipino's .  There are a few Filipino's right now that want to give us some cock and bull story about many metric tons of gold hidden by the Japanese . The gold that was in the banks of the Filipines was boxed up by the Americans just before the Japanese came to the Filipines . These boxes  ( crates ) were dumped at night in the Bay of Manila . After the war they were recovered . The gold from Indonnesia was shipped by plane to Australia . So where did these  metric tons of gold came from . Don't you think that when the war did not turn so good for the Japanese that they did not ship the gold to Japan ?  How old are you anyhow ?  Where did you study your history facts ?  But .... I think that you keep on posting on different forums in order to persuade some ( not so bright ) people to invest in your schemes .  Too bad that a few of us  are smart enough to throw a wrench in the works  . If we just can educate people , that are believing your wild stories , not to invest any money in your adventures  we have done what we are setting out to do . Go pick some coco-nuts and stop posting these rediculous stories .   Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3700.msg26905.html#msg26905

Offline usmcman
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

1080.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 09:51:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist I'm with you. They did use slave labor and Cornelius I believe they used Philipines slaves as well. I know that the Japanese used the Philipine Islands as a sort of playground during the war, using the women and putting the men to work.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3700.msg26924.html#msg26924

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 10:13:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you usmcman. I didn't bother to correct that joker on the slave labor issue because I prefer to let people like that tighten the noose round their own necks and pull it tight.

And Cornelius saved me a lot of typing! Smiley

Slave labor was commonplace in Japanese-occupied Malaya (now Malaysia), Singapore, Borneo and the Philippines. Anyone who denies that can also say that the Holocaust never happened! Sometimes I wonder where these nutcases come from.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3700.msg26926.html#msg26926

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline dhee77
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 11:10:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

CORNELIUS, STILL YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED IF YOU WERE A WWII VET IN THE USAFFE?Huh?  PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKES THE WORLD GO NUTS TOO!!!  BY THE WAY, I DO NOT HAVE A NY SCHEME OR PRODUCT TO OFFER!!! I JUST STUMBLED ON THE UNVERIFIED OPINION OF YOURS ON THIS SITE!!!!

HOBBYIST, ARE YOU NOW RETRACTING YOPUR WORD  THAT YOU HAVE POSTED A "T H E O R Y?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?/"  DEFINE THEORY!!!!!!!!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3700.msg26931.html#msg26931

Offline dhee77
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 11:17:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

USMCMAN, whats unique or importantwith what you said that Japan used the Philippines as a playground, using women and putting men to work?  Did NOT the occupation forces of Germany also did the similar things during WWII????Since time immemorial, even during the Roman empire times, occupation forces do all sort of things to countries being invaded like looting, raping women and of course killing!!!!  So, what new about it?Huh?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3700.msg26933.html#msg26933

Offline dhee77
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 11:25:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

HOBBYIST, you will be a hobbyist forever as regards history!!!! Because you refuse to learn and reason with facts... all you have to post are things to irritate others like "laughed at, nut cases, zero credibility!!!!".  While in fact, all you have to offer to the readers is a "T H E O R Y" which is defined as a "GUESS". A guess is a guess is a guess!!!! No facts....comprende?Huh?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3700.msg26934.html#msg26934

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 11:29:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

dhee77  I think that  Hobbyist and I have been clear enough . You know what we think about you and the rest of the Filipino crew which is posting on this subject . I would suggest that you stop with your dumb posts and start offering this forum some substancial information .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3700.msg26936.html#msg26936

Offline sayangan
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 12:26:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

'the rest of the Filipino crew....stop your dumb post....start offering....substancial information'..... The posts that you read about the yamashita treasure is already an information and what kind of information are we going to offer if you don't believe the existence of it?, but on second thought i might as well took the advice since everything has been said already about the japanese treasures or 'yamashita treasure' and i think the information i gathered from this site is substancial enough to use with my own little project.    As the old folks in our part of the world will always say "share your experiences without expecting any reward for who knows the information you give will help others to achive their goals in life."

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3700.msg26938.html#msg26938

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Up
Jump to: