[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 09:29:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thats dam hard to do when it was me and him in a park. That is not the most unbelievable thing I have seen done. I have a silver broach I found from almost 1/4 mi. No certified film or anything like that. It is the smallest item i have found at that distance. Wish you had been there.
Carl;

I'll pm you tomorrow.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117410.html#msg117410

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 09:54:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Fenixdigger, Carl, is subtly begging you to let him test you, and after you fail his test, you will be thanking him for his kindness in showing you the error of  your belief that you could possibly pass HIS test with your LRL.

I wish you the very, very, very best of luck, because that is what it will take to pass his test and for him part with his $25,000, "carrot on a stick" temptation.

In my opinion, you have a far better chance of finding your Spanish Treasure than you do winning Carl's challenge.

I certainly know none of the LRL products I build, or have used could ever pass his test the way Carl, has designed it. Yet, many Treasures, and discoveries have been reported found through out the world with this method of locating, including myself.

So again, good luck!..   Dell  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117413.html#msg117413

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 10:18:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dell, I invite you (as I have many times before) to design an LRL test that is winnable.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117420.html#msg117420

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 09:02:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Dell_Winders
Get Carl, to design a metal detector test that he is willing to give you $25,000 if you pass, and then you will understand.   Dell

Thing is you see, that a metal detector would actually pass (because they work)
I'd like to see thw SAME test - detector vs LRL
Quote:Posted by Carl-NC
Dell, I invite you (as I have many times before) to design an LRL test that is winnable.

Hey Carl! .... That'll be the test where all the goodies are clearly marked by a four foot square flourescent flag that can be seen from 2 miles away!  Grin Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117462.html#msg117462

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 09:03:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Here's the only glitch I see. When we use these, we can get close enough to use a detector and determine if it is a good target or a micro gold deposit. Now some of the sellers say they can knock them out. I don't think they have been where I hunt. But we still have to use a detector. Some of the guys say they can do this without one, I'm not that good or my equipment isn't.

Here's what I've found; When you pump a lot of power out the mineral deposits show a response like the whole area is solid gold. If you under power, you are attracted to items that have a sort of electrolysis going on. Miss the right setting and find a lot of either old shotgun shells or aluminum.And if you don't think I can find a telephone junction at a hell of a distance with electricity running through gold connections you are wrong.

I had been trying to prove the ideomoter idea to see what the skeptics were talking about. I would put a unit in, say a property owners hands and tell them nothing except to point it and walk, sometimes I would tell them it would beep. Always a response.(no beep) I finally saw what they were talking about.  I went to help a guy with locating a target and he could not get a reaction to anything. I finally got in front of him and saw him instantly correct the unit from any movement to keep it straight. It was so fast it was hard to see and it was very subtle.  Once I convinced him to let it swing around a little, the responses started to show. I can get on one side of a building and scan a area and mark the spots, one of my guys can go on the other side and scan at the same time. The spots will be the same.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117463.html#msg117463

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 09:41:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Paul A
Thing is you see, that a metal detector would actually pass (because they work)
I'd like to see thw SAME test - detector vs LRL

Hey Carl! .... That'll be the test where all the goodies are clearly marked by a four foot square flourescent flag that can be seen from 2 miles away!  Grin Grin

You can learn a lot with comparison tests. Been there, done that. I've compared a  large variety of LRL's against each other under equal field operating conditions. I have conducted real  field  comparison tests of LRL/ MFD with  Metal detectors, Magnetometers, GPR, EM, SP, and  map Dowsed locations, on land and water.

An excellent Metal detector vs LRL, comparison test would to bury the 10 oz Gold bar  5 feet, or more deep, within a defined 5 acre area of woods & pasture, using experienced operators, or non experienced operators with 1 hour of instruction, and see which found the Gold bar the fastest, the LRL or the metal detector? Let the winner keep the 10 oz. Gold bar.

Or, you could compare the LRL, with the metal detector, for locating shallow targets such as Emeralds, or Diamonds?

These would be fair comparison tests for the LRL, or MFD.  And since you and Carl, already know that LRL, or MFD don't work you have no chance of losing the 10 oz. Gold bar, and the $25,000 cash.  Right?    Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117470.html#msg117470

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:46:14 am by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 11:01:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

No

You bury the bar 1ft deep so IT WILL BE IN RANGE of the metal detector.
And presumably the lrl.
You get one shot at finding it (ONE HOLE AND ONE HOLE ONLY).
Or are we saying that the lrl is "too vaque" to precisely pinpoint something?
That, is a fair test.
God I'm getting bored with all this.........................

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117482.html#msg117482

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 11:54:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

An excellent Metal detector vs LRL, comparison test would to bury the 10 oz Gold bar  5 feet, or more deep, within a defined 5 acre area of woods & pasture, using experienced operators, or non experienced operators with 1 hour of instruction, and see which found the Gold bar the fastest, the LRL or the metal detector? Let the winner keep the 10 oz. Gold bar.

Why 5 feet deep? Why 5 acres?

Let's make this really easy! Bury the gold bar 6 inches deep in a 1-square-foot area. Then allow the detector operator and the LRL operator to scan that 1 square foot, to see if the gold bar is there or not. Can an LRL not scan such a small area?

Or, you could compare the LRL, with the metal detector, for locating shallow targets such as Emeralds, or Diamonds?

By demanding that a metal detector be tested for something everyone knows it can't possibly do, you demonstrate just how frivolous your contributions are to the conversation. Previously, I stated,

But it's unfair to demand a level of performance beyond the product's claims.

You seem to think its perfectly fair to do so. Even the most ardent LRL proponent should see your attitude as flippant and arrogant. Why don't you propose a serious scientific test protocol for LRLs? Can't do it?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117487.html#msg117487

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 12:53:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I know my Minelab will get a drink can @ 4 ft, and one of my 2-box units will dam sure reach 5 on low.

The lrls need to triangulate from 2 or 3 spots. Following a signal line can sometimes work, but then something called ring theory comes into play.

I would think that 50 to 100 ft would be as close as I would want to start from.

My normal procedure is to triangulate to a point where the detector will find it within a 5 ft circle.

The silver broach I found @ 1/4 mi was 3 ft off the final pinpoint. I don't think I would have found it without the detector.

So you really need both on long buried targets. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117497.html#msg117497

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 01:42:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Fenix, if I place a 10-ounce gold bar on the ground, how far away do you need to be from it in order for your LRL to indicate its presence?

Put another way, have you ever laid targets on the ground and walked around them, testing your LRL's response? If so, how far away from the target(s) do you typically walk?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117508.html#msg117508

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: