[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline MikeTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:54:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have maintained for years that some naysayers either knowingly or unknowingly are misapplying electronics theory when they claim about MFD's "It can't possibly work." For years Dell has said "Think magnetic." I certainly don't claim to be any kind of electronics genius, but I seem to understand a basic reality that some people can't seem to grasp -- LRL's work. Now after reading a small bit about the Witricity I see it IS the magnetic component of the coil that is used and the electrical component is filltered/blocked out through some capacitor bank and the orientation of the coil itself. So all the whining about how an MFD signal can't possibly propogate waves (or however you spell it) is just a red herring.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117221.html#msg117221

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 02:21:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mike
but I seem to understand a basic reality that some people can't seem to grasp -- LRL's work.

Sigh............ Dream on.......

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117244.html#msg117244

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 02:57:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If all those LRLs really worked, you'd be fabulously wealthy and wouldn't have time for this forum. What you're doing is spewing nonsense in the hopes that someone else will be suckered in and you won't feel so lonely.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117248.html#msg117248

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 03:51:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have maintained for years that some naysayers either knowingly or unknowingly are misapplying electronics theory when they claim about MFD's "It can't possibly work." For years Dell has said "Think magnetic." I certainly don't claim to be any kind of electronics genius, but I seem to understand a basic reality that some people can't seem to grasp -- LRL's work. Now after reading a small bit about the Witricity I see it IS the magnetic component of the coil that is used and the electrical component is filltered/blocked out through some capacitor bank and the orientation of the coil itself. So all the whining about how an MFD signal can't possibly propogate waves (or however you spell it) is just a red herring.

This is very misleading. You cannot "naysay" something that has not been scientifically evaluated and classified plausible. Just because there are camps who oppose the chicanery and pseudoscience put forth by manufactures....does not make them naysayers. It makes them logical and open minded enough to evaluate the data put forth and make an educated decision

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117263.html#msg117263

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 09:46:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

...but I seem to understand a basic reality that some people can't seem to grasp -- LRL's work.

Show me. $25,000 if you can successfully demonstrate an LRL in a randomized blind test. Or, you can refuse, offer up a platter of excuses, and then blame me for your "inability."

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117306.html#msg117306

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 02:10:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No no!  Having reviewed, and considered Carl's challenge test in the past, it certainly doesn't apply to the use of LRL's in practical  field use. it's definitely a scientific pretenders beg for attention "gimmick" copycatted from a magician, The Amazing Randi's long running publicity gimmick.

It will be just as easy to win Randi's $1m challenge which has never ever been officially won in 22 years of running as it is to win Carl's 25,000. Both are a publicity gimmick.

I would like to see Carl, redesign his $25,000 challenge test for metal detector manufacturers, and owners and see if any metal detector can pass a test he designs and win his $25,000.  Not likely!

Does anybody here think Carl, is so stupid as to offer a win-able test that will cost him $25,000?  I don't think so.  It's merely a sleazy gimmick to promote himself.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117364.html#msg117364

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:18:33 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 02:40:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am now trying something new to distinguish between the micro and real target. If this works, I will be talking to Carl.

Right now my percentage is too low, but that could change if I can filter those hot spots out.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117369.html#msg117369

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 02:47:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Isn't it funny how all you "LRL" guys run for the hills when ANY independent test is mentioned??   No no! No no!
Oh .... and please point out where these tests are "unfair" ........ because I sure as hell can't!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117372.html#msg117372

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 02:56:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

"I would like to see Carl, redesign his $25,000 challenge test for metal detector manufacturers, and owners and see if any metal detector can pass a test he designs and win his $25,000".

Get Carl, to design a metal detector test that he is willing to give you $25,000 if you pass, and then you will understand.   Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117375.html#msg117375

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 03:03:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Not sure if it is fair or not, but I think Carl would give you a sporting chance. Everybody that knows about this topic wants to know the truth. The truth is different from each perspective. For example; I'm happy with 1 or 2 out of 10 signals being real. Some want 100% to be convinced. I don't think that will ever happen.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg117377.html#msg117377

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: