[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dmholt@aol.com
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 12:34:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gold digger 1950,
Thanks for your post... it is well taken, and refreshing, to see a courteous approach to a very controversial subject and black box method of Treasure hunting.

What my original intent was:  To invite other TH's, that might have an interest in, unproved and unexcepted scientific and logically mis-understood Treasure Aura's to respond with any info that they might have -- or sources that they might know of, that could be utilized to research this 'black box' subject.

In the beginning, I began by letting everybody know that I was 'new' to this forum - a beginner with limited knowledge on the subject (just a hobby with me) I have no 'axes to grind', no books to sell, no products to promote --- I came here only to find other like minded TH's that might offer some desired leads on Treasure Auras or other 'Black Box' methods I could use --- and not to be ridiculed/slandered/and have my character assinated. (naturally when that happend - it escalated into more tense name calling; wasn't my initial intent, and I accept my blame in the situation -- hey, guess we are all human, huh ? I apologize to all,  'cause, if I do say so myself...(My opinion only).... I am a pretty nice guy, most of the time  :-)

Thanks Again for your post.
Dave

Posted on: November 02, 2010, 12:27:40 PM
Seldom,

Thank you for your post, and your Opinion of me (which I accept as charecter assination).  My Opinion is much different. And I think you are probably a very nice guy too... but, never-the-less you're entitled to that opinion.

O.K. Now we are getting somewhere.... Back to the thread:

Question:  Is unconventional, unscientific, & not yet proven Electro-Magnetic Treasure Auras .. picked up with digital infra-red photography considered
for discussion, on this forum concerning "Black Box" (I took it to mean un-understood and unproven methods) forum of "Misapplied electronic theory for MFD's"?

My only question and intent from the begining was to find Interested individuals that might offer their experience and resources (if any) in reguard to this TH method.  And, begin a positive dialogue in regard to same... I am still interested
in any opinion on the subject that anybody has. As, I originally stated: I am new to this forum, and have limited knowledge on the subject. My objective is/was to find possisble explanations for it .... and not to be "shot down" from the 'get go'.

If Interested TH's are reluctant to speak up due to fear of the Ridicule, ect. that's ok, My time is too valuable to argue about why "it is not/doesn't fit scientifi logic".  You are welcome to your opinion.

And, if no reasonable posts appear, you want have to (as you say) "lock" - and I will definately "move to another forum subject". No reason to stay.

Seldom, have a very nice day... this is my last post unless there is some interest on the subject "thread".

David Holt

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg123812.html#msg123812

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 12:43:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

this is my last post unless there is some interest on the subject "thread"

Whats that 3th or 4th time you have said that??

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg123814.html#msg123814

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2010, 06:09:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dmholt@aol.com
My only question and intent from the begining was to find Interested individuals that might offer their experience and resources (if any) in reguard to this TH method.  And, begin a positive dialogue in regard to same... I am still interested
in any opinion on the subject that anybody has. As, I originally stated: I am new to this forum, and have limited knowledge on the subject. My objective is/was to find possisble explanations for it .... and not to be "shot down" from the 'get go'.

I wish that LRLs were a proven technology. I have investigated the electronics alleged to enhance the dowsing abilities that some people claim they have. I have been present during field tests and in a laboratory and have never seen any demonstration of dowsing or LRL enhancement that was able to be proven beyond any doubt. I've seen pure luck at work while the dowsers smugly take credit for finding a hidden object. Moments later the same dowsers are crying foul about an object they could not find.

In my opinion as an electronics design engineer, there is no such thing as electronically enhanced dowsing abilities as claimed by manufacturers of those equipments. Save your money and buy 4 metal detectors instead of one LRL device. On average, I find 10,000 coins per year and have done so for more than 45 years. I use conventional metal detectors. They are a proven design and they work just as they are designed to do.

If and when someone invents a Long Range Locator that works and is scientifically proven to do so, I will be one of the first to leap on the podium and congratulate them. Then, of course, I will buy one. Or maybe two.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg123948.html#msg123948

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline MikeTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2010, 06:56:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Coins are nice. I know a guy who found a lot of nice coins, but I doubt there were many days he made minimum wage. Cache hunting is a different type of hunting and you don't expect to make daily finds, maybe not even yearly if you work at it full time. Personally I think metal detecting is stupid, probably make the same money if you picked aluminum cans out of the dumpster. That's why millions of metal detectors are sitting in the closet gathering dust. That's why some people who work in the MD industry are trying to protect their patents. They don't want anyone to know about LRL's and spread false information. That's called unethical. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg123953.html#msg123953

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2010, 07:03:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Mike
Personally I think metal detecting is stupid, probably make the same money if you picked aluminum cans out of the dumpster.

Really?
Granted you might not make a living at it.... but that's not the point.
Over here in the U.K. one rare Celtic, Roman, Anglo Saxon coin could net you one hell of a lot of money.
Please let us know what "Caches" have ACTUALLY (not here-say) been found with an LRL?
I can only think of......err.........none at all.......  Undecided

Actually it's good that you guys are messing with these things...
Just means that while you are wasting your time...... we're finding all the goodies!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg123956.html#msg123956

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:07:51 am by Paul A »
Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2010, 07:19:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Who let you back in Mike? I recall you were banned for Xing your post's

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg123958.html#msg123958

Offline MikeTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2010, 08:27:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

This section of the forum is not about coin hunting with a metal detector. As I said, coin hunting is stupid, but you don't see me going out and posting lies about it. Yes, I am sure there are several people in the world who make a living at it. So what? Go to the other forum page and brag all you like. That's not what this forum is about even though I think some people think so. The LRL users are here because they love the hobby. When you have an interest in something it's natural to want to share your thoughts.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg123986.html#msg123986

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2010, 08:36:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Posted on: November 03, 2010, 09:34:48 AM
This section of the forum is not about coin hunting with a metal detector. As I said, coin hunting is stupid, but you don't see me going out and posting lies about it. Yes, I am sure there are several people in the world who make a living at it. So what? Go to the other forum page and brag all you like. That's not what this forum is about even though I think some people think so. The LRL users are here because they love the hobby. When you have an interest in something it's natural to want to share your thoughts.

I find coin shooting a bit boring but STUPID?   I don't think so.    A silver quarter brings more then a smile to my mug.

Tisk Tisk!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg123990.html#msg123990

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 08:38:36 am by homefire »
Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2010, 08:50:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Still waiting to see all those "Caches" that have been found.........  Devil

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg123997.html#msg123997

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2010, 08:57:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

This section of the forum is for discussion about LRLs. Both sides of discussion. Remember, this is a very public place and if you bring something up expecting to be in a closed room discussing things with your followers, you need to start a religion, not join in a forum discussion.

If you are so naive as to believe that only those who agree with you are allowed to post here, you might want to put that idea in check. Do you have any idea why so many here disagree with you? For two simple reasons. First, those who disagree have never seen proof of LRLs working and probably never will. Second, you are in the minority if you believe they do work. That means the ratio of believers to non believers is very small. It also means you are in a place where you should expect to be challenged.

You chose to be here. That implies that you also chose to argue your side of the case. That you don't do so becomes painfully obvious when demands for proof fall on deaf ears. In this very thread alone, a few challenges and requests for proof have been made. Your reply? You act as if you are a victim of abuse. You should really look into that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18145.msg124000.html#msg124000

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: