[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 1185   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #1340 on: February 28, 2011, 08:31:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

GooD Mornin Guys !! What the heck R yall doin on here soooo Early Huh?   Grin  Grin  Grin

Josey I hear ya about the food and Diet, man here lately since i quit smoking all i want to do is eat

everything is sight !! Josey This Made Me LOL -

(drink water only & eat smaller portions  and a breakfast  every day)

Like that's gonna happen good advice though

John I like my grits so dont stand in front of them !!  Grin  Grin  Grin

Josey the Jerky sounds cool, can u go into a little more detail ?? like what kind of process is it,

what equipment is involved plz. Smiley   Thanks In Advance.  Smiley

Posted on: February 28, 2011, 08:29:53 AM
guys were suppose to have more severee weather today so ill be on and off of here depending on the Weather !!

{alt}

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg149455.html#msg149455
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wtvf/NC5wx/radar/images/midtn/rad_midtn_sm.jpg

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:37:58 am by Karl »
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1341 on: February 28, 2011, 08:43:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Whats Up Crew?

Flipping cold again, House water froze.

About the Weight!   Just Get Poor and don't Eat!   It works every time.

Fearless Leader is doing his best to help Ya!  LOL!

{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg149456.html#msg149456
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo160/berquistj/Dollar.jpg

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #1342 on: February 28, 2011, 08:45:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Homie , why r u letting all the bad weather in ?? can't u do something with that little spaceship of ur's to get rid of it ??  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg149457.html#msg149457

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1343 on: February 28, 2011, 08:57:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah Homie fire up them rockets and warm the place up Karl don't like snow and that will thaw ya pipes out

I like my steak, jus cut it's horns off wipe it's ass and throw it on the plate  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg149460.html#msg149460

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1344 on: February 28, 2011, 09:11:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Jerky is Yummy stuff.

Basically you just Slice some decent meat thin. 1/2 and under.  Less fat the better .  Bottom Round is good.

Blanch it for about 5 seconds.

Marinate it in the sauce of your choice.  I use Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Black Pepper and Garlic.

I place mine between two window screens and put it out in the sun for a 5 or 6 hours.  Or until it tears when bent in half.

Depending on were you live, you may find a Dehydrator works better for ya.

Jar it up.  If you put a pack of Silica Gel in the bottom of the jar, it will last well over a year.

Cool Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg149464.html#msg149464

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #1345 on: February 28, 2011, 09:21:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by auminesweeper
Yeah Homie fire up them rockets and warm the place up Karl don't like snow and that will thaw ya pipes out

I like my steak, jus cut it's horns off wipe it's ass and throw it on the plate  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

No snow here john just lots of Wind , Rain and Tornado Warnings at the moment !! it's too warm for Snow but just right for a tornado breakout !!

I like my steak done well enough that it wont Moo and Run off the plate when i stab it !!

Posted on: February 28, 2011, 09:18:52 AM
Quote:Posted by homefire
Jerky is Yummy stuff.

Basically you just Slice some decent meat thin. 1/2 and under.  Less fat the better .  Bottom Round is good.

Blanch it for about 5 seconds.

Marinate it in the sauce of your choice.  I use Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Black Pepper and Garlic.

I place mine between two window screens and put it out in the sun for a 5 or 6 hours.  Or until it tears when bent in half.

Depending on were you live, you may find a Dehydrator works better for ya.

Jar it up.  If you put a pack of Silica Gel in the bottom of the jar, it will last well over a year.
 Cool Cool

Thanks Homie , I copied that and will try it sometime !!

Posted on: February 28, 2011, 09:20:46 AM
Man it got bad here for a few mins, now there is more moving in!!  Cry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg149470.html#msg149470

Offline GREY RIDER
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« Reply #1346 on: February 28, 2011, 09:25:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

i use deer if i am lucky to harvest one but you can use roast or even good lean ground chuck   they will have instructions with the mix and its different with burger but their mix goes a long way (you can make several batches wich is what i do cause it takes alot of cleanup when done  like butcherin chickens its just as easy to do 4 or 5 as it is to do 1 lol! i have a smoker so  i use it but you can do it on a dehydrator or even a grill  if you use burger you need the following  about 5 lbs of meat wax paper, mix and cure  and a roller  mix cure and seasoning with meat in a bowl add 1 cup cold water mix it all together cover and stick in the fridge overnight  the following day lay out a sheet of wax paper put meat on it then lay another sheet of wax paper on top and roll or mash out to about 1/4 inch sheet  if your smoker grill top bars are too far apart you may need a screen  mine is just right  .  but i spray a little non stick spray on it then remove wax paper from one side and lay it on there  then remove top waxpaper sheet  you want to have heat low and smoke /grill  slow for about 4 hrs depending on heat and watchit closely  if you have a dehydrator you have to trim meat down to fit trays  or use a jerky gun  it kinda looks like a caulk gun you put mixed meat in it an it has tips that will form strips as you squeeze it out  fill the trays and leave on for 6 to 8 hrs checking it often i usually rotate trays top to bottom evry couple of hrs   as it is warmest at the bottom .  till you get the driness desired if too dry its hard and brittle i like mine tough but not crunchy hard   . with a grill if you like smoke flavor you can by hickory or what ever flavor wood chips in the grillsection at the store soak in water for a hour or so and wrap in foil poke holes in it and drop down on fire /coals  1 package would be plenty . now if you use a cut of meat i found its easier for me to slice if its partially frozen but you want to slice a bout a1/4 in thick mix as above or as mix directions state and marinate over night  then grill/dehydrate  some folks use a product called liquid smoke but i prefer the real deal  if you want that smoke taste on the dehydrator you can add it to your mix follow directions on bottle  it dont take much if you use too much it will ruin your mix so use caution .  when i use burger  i make one big sheet then just tear apart when done you kinda have to experiment alittle to suit what you like but thats how i do it  i can barely afford to hunt so when i am lucky enough to get a deer i process it myself by deboning /trim off fatty stuff (less waste ) and cutting into medium size pieces  and wash and bag into about 5 lb bags then freezing  i am the only one here that eats it here so thats why i do this if i had it processed i would just have ground up exept back straps  . but when i want to make jerky i just partially thaw grind up myself and mix and make as noted above and it turns out awsome  . i only take one deer a season any more would  be more than i need  and you never know how it will taste if you cook up regular  but its always good in jerky no matter how old /tough the deer is  usually anyway . there are alot of other ways and products out there so just read up on it and find one you like  if i can do it ya'll can too you will find other meats can be done as well. the finish times vary with meat ,thickness ,temp but my hardwood smoker cuts time way down  and the flavor is great  i prefer the hi mountain mixes for cost good flavor and the amount of product you get for the $

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg149474.html#msg149474

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #1347 on: February 28, 2011, 09:28:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Here we go again , Some old Stuff Again !!

{alt}

Posted on: February 28, 2011, 09:26:17 AM
Thanks Josey I copied yours also !!  Smiley  Cheesy  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg149477.html#msg149477
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wtvf/NC5wx/radar/images/midtn/rad_midtn_sm.jpg

Offline GREY RIDER
Bronze Member

There is iron in my words
Thank you10

Activity
0%
Male
United States

540.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MARKSMAN &  FISHER  F-2     Garrett pro pointer
« Reply #1348 on: February 28, 2011, 09:34:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

some meat will shrink more than other s too  so you may want to try different thickness to get what you like .

Posted on: February 28, 2011, 09:30:14 AM
dad gum ya'll done made me hungry talkin bout this stuff and steak  lol!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg149480.html#msg149480

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #1349 on: February 28, 2011, 09:40:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

sounds good thanks Josey,

well guys we got a tornado on the ground just south of me so i gotta keep an eye on the weather !!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21129.msg149485.html#msg149485

Print
Pages:  1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 1185   Go Up
Jump to: