[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline darylluke
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 01:15:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
There seems to be three con-current threads/topics on the James brothers, I have posted on 2 now there is this one.... can we get it together?  Grin Grin Grin

goldigger
You can blame the moderators....I started a nnew thread about the speacial, and they dragged into here....I had a helluva time finding it, because they just tell you they moved it but don't say where!!!!!!!! Angry

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg58962.html#msg58962

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 10:57:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

I thought Brushy Bill Roberts was claiming to be Billy the Kid? Did he also claim he was Jesse?

Very similar aspects between Billy and Jesse really right down to the questionable ending.
I think Jesse enjoyed killing and he was born into a world where he could get away with it. You could argue he was created by the times but in the end millions of men and women were subjected to those times and only a few became outlaws of renown. Just my opinon.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg59027.html#msg59027

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 01:51:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by darylluke
You can blame the moderators....I started a nnew thread about the speacial, and they dragged into here....I had a helluva time finding it, because they just tell you they moved it but don't say where!!!!!!!! Angry

There is a time limited message drafted when a post is moved that informs readers of where it was sent. With as many posts as there are here on the forums, keeping it tidy is important to the owner of the forum. He's the one who moved it.

Next time, perhaps, you will look for other posts similar to yours.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg59044.html#msg59044

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline thunter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 02:52:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

History Channel just aired a two-hour special yesterday titled:"JESSE JAMES' LOST TREASURE". It was excellent viewing, and very well researched. After watching it I am convinced Jesse James did NOT die as is commonly believed killed by Ford, but died in 1937.The evidence was quite compelling to support this. They interwove this story with a treasure search by a fellow that has been researching Jesse James for 10 years and 2 years ago actually started the search.He has private investors and is searching in 3 locations with GPR.It took him that long to secure the search agreements from the various landowners.Maybe someone here knows how to find a link to post here for that special?(I'm a bit computer-stupid)I don't know even how to find online what is gonna be on when and on what channel since cable removed the tv-guide station here....I just happened to be home last night at 5pm to watch this. What a wonderful surprise it was.
Darylluke, I have to agree with you, I thought the special on Jesse James Lost Treasure broadcast on the History Channel was very well done and backed by some solid research by Ron Pastore. Can't wait to see a follow up segment which I hope they do. Would recommend this program to any and all treasure hunters out there as they cover a lot of different aspects of treasure hunting and the use of different technologies as well. The most important thing I got out of this show is the fact that you have to put in dilligent research time and effort to sort the facts from the fiction when going after lost treasure be it in the ocean or on the land.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg59054.html#msg59054

Offline oldcoon
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

410.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro, Nautilus and Whites.
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 02:58:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by {author}
. After watching it I am convinced Jesse James did NOT die as is commonly believed killed by Ford, but died in 1937.The evidence was quite compelling to support this

I did not see the TV show but how did they explain away the DNA tests they did on the body buried in the Jesse James grave when compared to James' relatives?

An apology to all:    I screwed up the Bushy Bill Roberts thing.   It was Billy the Kid he claimed to be., an even bigger psychopath.  My bad.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg59056.html#msg59056

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 11:50:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
keeping it tidy is important to the owner of the forum. He's the one who moved it.

Uh, Put the noose around my neck. I read goldigger's post and thought it was a great idea as they were related. I asked Christian to link them as I was afraid I'd mess things up, if I tried.

Kid is a relative term, but by no means was this MAN a "kid" in this picture. This is his uniform of when he fought as freedom-fighter aka guerilla.

I was making a play of words on Billy The Kid, when I wrote Jesse, the kid. The guerilla he was riding with, William Quantrill, taught them the art of shock and awe attacks. Quantrill descended with 300 - 400 riders, at dawn, on Lawrence, Kansas (the town I'm living in) in 1863 and, by 9 a.m., they rode out of town leaving 185-200 men and boys dead, most of the banks & stores looted, most businesses and lots of homes burnt to the ground. They'd had their way with the anti-slavery, pro-north minded town.

Quote:Posted by hardluck
in Australia they too have a folk hero of sorts called Ned Kelly. But if you ask the descendants of those he killed? They do not see him as a cult hero but murderer.

Ned Kelly, dressing in armor, is one of my favorite outlaws. I recently read where someone admitted to having his head. Had his operations been in the US, I'm sure he'd be right there in the outlaw hall of fame along with Jesse. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg59131.html#msg59131

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 12:22:33 am by Sue »
Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 07:13:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ned Kelly, dressing in armor, is one of my favorite outlaws. I recently read where someone admitted to having his head. Had his operations been in the US, I'm sure he'd be right there in the outlaw hall of fame along with Jesse. Sue

Sue there were many bushrangers (outlaws) in Australia in those days one of them was Mad dog Morgan who after he was strung up pn the gallows, the govenor of Bathurst Jail in New South Wales where he was executed asked for a tobbaco pouch to be made out of Morgans scrotum.  just an interesting bit of trivia hehehe

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg59152.html#msg59152

Offline aslterp7
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

201.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250, Garrett pro pointer,  automaxx pinpointer (for sale)
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 07:39:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

My cousin was a friend of Jesse and Billy, his name was Black Jack Ketchum.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg59153.html#msg59153

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 09:48:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Alan Hassell
the govenor of Bathurst Jail in New South Wales where he was executed asked for a tobbaco pouch to be made out of Morgans scrotum. 

That's kind of funny, Alan. Morgan must have been really something for the governor to literally want a piece of him like that. I don't know how Ned Kelly lost his head - souvenir diggers? Sue

Quote:Posted by Sue

Last week I was reading about James loot at Buzzard Roost in Cement, Oklahoma. A treasure map had been drawn on a rock and placed map side down on the ground.

The Buzzard Roost story was about Frank James trying to find treasure that Jesse had buried. Or people thought it was Frank anyway. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg59156.html#msg59156

Offline lem
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

495.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garret and whites
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 10:00:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Morning All,
 Yeppers I have some thoughts on buried loot. I do believe that all or most of the outlaws, at least persistant ones did bury their robery loot. These where folks who moved arround a lot, so a bank acct. was not an option. As most of these guys had a certian area of territory they worked out of they knew very well. Imagine trying to carry gold or silver on a pack horse or their personal stead while on the run, the extra weight for the horse would have been a draw down should they have to ride fast to escape, then should they be caught, any loot they had would have been evidence in court. These guys knew their trails as well as we know our own back yards, even today crooks stash loot in places not to easy to find. They must have money available at a moments notice.
  Even the military of these days buried their money while on the trail and before going into battle, miners buried their finds, farmers buried small amounts on the farm, pirates buried loot. ya just cannot be running arround carrying heavy amounts of money. So as they traveled thru their areas, and as they needed some cash for what ever, yes they would dig some up do what they need to do, and continue on. The ground was their bank accts. I can just imagine all the money buried out their from days gone by and probably still there. So why would  jessie not do the same,a very common trait of the times.
 just makes the imagination run wild.

Lem

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg59158.html#msg59158

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: