[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline justint538
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

455.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2010, 11:38:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Jones. Thats great stuff you found!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg72398.html#msg72398

Offline midnightmechanic
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 2500
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 11:37:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the article Idaho Jones....very interesting.  Been working on our house so getting on here has been kinda far between.  Keep hunting and writing.  Everyone's input is interesting.  There are so many different view points out there on Jesse and his gang.   As they say "Hero's die and legends live forever". 

Hardluck - To kinda answer your question on the "rivalry" between the north and the south, well that just depends on where you go in the south.  Recently my wife went to South Carolina for graduation of our son at Ft. Jackson....while there she observed both views of the north/south situation.  When shopping she was asked where she was from because of the obvious accent difference as we were both raised in the northern midwest area.  Then others made comments about her being a "yankee".  There were other words used with that, but don't need to be placed in here.  She received a couple job offers while there and when she asked why her, she was told because she was from the North....  She wasn't looking for a job, she has one here.  While at work one night, a truck driver from the south came through her line and being her usual cheerful self and giving good customer service they were into a conversation.  He told her she needed to come work for their store where he was from...Georgia.  I don't understand the rivalry, it was long ago....all humans are equal and every race or nationality has good and bad... but yes there are still hard feelings in some areas between the north and south.  Hope this gives you some answer to the question that you asked. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg75445.html#msg75445

Offline roadlizzard
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 02:39:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello I have read a lot on Jesse James, but haven't heard of any stories in NM. Most of them has been in Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma and the surrounding states.

Later,
Roadlizzard.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg88804.html#msg88804

Offline oldcoon
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

410.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro, Nautilus and Whites.
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 03:29:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There's a lot written about Jesse James and it's hard to tell where truth stops and legend begins.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg88818.html#msg88818

Offline bbwfw
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

345.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 03:31:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

intresting to here

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg88819.html#msg88819

Offline midnightmechanic
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 2500
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2010, 08:09:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

I like what you wrote and it gets very confusing, The south never lost. Even though General Lee threw in the towel, that was on him, and as for the rest of the south they just went broke but never surrendered. Remember the South shall rise again? The plan was to take over South America and start a new South and to do that required a lot of money. Don"t get me wrong cause I ain't taking sides just seeking the truth, if it's at all to be found.  But when I dig into records, stories or documents ext of Banks, especially stages that got robbed of $40.000.00 in Gold over and over again it's the same amount. So gold had a price of $20.00 an ounce or 1 month worth of wages at that time, so the weight would be 2000 pounds? Plus passengers and rough rutted roads? Or was it more like $6000.00, blame the James Gang for $40.000.00 and score off the insurance? Hmm? Then what about all the union payrolls that got robbed by Quintrill and Anderson, where did that go? And like you said everyone wanted to know or be associated with Jesse, even Ole Bob Ford himself had him as a hero. So what if, when the war ended, Jesse and the Gorillas went to surrender and he got shot, he did die and someone else took his place? And yeah total amount in robberies was $180,000.00 over 15 years split up between Jesse, Frank and the other members??? Although the James gang only robbed one stage how much more honest were the Banks or anyone else at that time? It makes about as much sense as Oswald shooting J.F.K. Histories, Mysteries, Legends and Folk Lore, Hey wanna talk about Butch and Sundance or D.B. Cooper?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg90166.html#msg90166

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2010, 08:24:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'd have to agree, some of the reports seem like far too much money to entrust to one or two men to protect. Insurance fraud might be a plausible explanation for some of it. Also I am quite sure whenever a bank or train or stage was robbed the first thing people would think is it was the James gang or whoever famous was said to be in the area. Many robberies probably got attributed to them that they weren't even involved in.

I posted an article about a town searching for one of Quantril's caches you might find interesting in the KGC forum. Just another I ran across on accident.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg90171.html#msg90171

Offline midnightmechanic
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 2500
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2010, 11:44:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sounds great and yeh what about st.lawrence KS when Quintrils raiders ransacked that What happend too all the loot jewelry ext from that? But as always do your research and find at least 3 no B.S. true documents pertaining to whatever lost loot,treasure or? B4 heading out!! my favorite witch hunt is that crap in northern WI at little Bohemia with John Dillinger hiding 20-40-80-180,000 dollars depending on who you ask or where they got their story OMG lets go jump in the car N go I mean give me a break N pull your head out people ya know its like February 1934 the ground is frozen he didnt have a shovel and the feds are no doubt there with guns, John was seen leaving the building with a brief case via the window, Hmm musta been in a hurry I reckon and prob 2 big a one to be digging a hole with the heel of his shoe cuz thats about all he had not to mention  I doubt he counted it out in front of anyone and the only brief case reported found had licence plates in it. Also 75 year old currency in such a well kept place is molded,rotted and no good yk? I mean a little common sense here, work smarter not harder and research your goal.
Hey anyone remember Giraldo Guevara when he did the sketch on tv in 1986 when he thought he found Capone's hidden treasure vault? Research your target and we will leave the word ass/u/me out of it ok?  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg90385.html#msg90385

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2010, 07:42:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah I looked into the JD story. It all came from one source originally, a highly questionable one in my opinion. Definitely research is key. Something like these treasure troves I might look for if I lived there but I'd never go out of my way unless I had some extremely good info.   Wink Plenty of people looking for Jesse's loot that know more than me for sure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg90439.html#msg90439

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2010, 08:54:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by midnightmechanic
what about st.lawrence KS when Quintrils raiders ransacked that What happend too all the loot jewelry ext from that?

I don't know that there was that much loot. Three hundred or so were in the party that raided the town. Some of them took wedding rings and such off citizens and they did rob the guests at the hotel, but they were drinking during the rampage and, from what I've read, were more interested in murdering and burning than accumulating possessions. One did steal a pair of boots off a dead man in the doorway of a house afire while the widow watched. They may have put some stolen loot like rings or watches in their pockets. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9223.msg90447.html#msg90447

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: