[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2011, 09:04:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goldnboy

Wilkins came to believe and became obsessed with the theory that the cypher was connected with the twelve labours of hurcules. And Andrometre is women mentioned in the cypher.

For me wilkins made too asumptions based on asumptions.

Hardluck

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7155.msg187742.html#msg187742

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2011, 12:36:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Hardluck

The thing with Wilkins & the twelve labours of Herculies,Is how did he come to this conclusion?
 I was thinking he may have been close and discovered some interesting things. At the same time distroying some possible clues to help solve this puzzle/riddle.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7155.msg187757.html#msg187757

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2011, 12:59:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goldnboy:

Many years ago in a interview Wilkins made his theory was not convincing. His son was programed from birth to following in the foot steps of his father.

But what have they acheived over 50 odd years between them searching and nothing but an empty hole? No closer to when his father first started all those many years ago.

Clearly it is time to quit or look at another theory.

It is a classic treasure hunting syndrome.

Wilkins story is good example of the dangers of becoming too obsessed with a treasure legend. You have to go where the evidence takes you not create evidence to support your asumptions. And that was Wilkins failing and a curse passed onto his son, doomed to fail because of his fathers failings.

I think we have acheived more here than what they have in 50 years of digging.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7155.msg187760.html#msg187760

Offline wuzneme
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

1370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2011, 03:22:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

oops...here come the vultures

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7155.msg188718.html#msg188718

Offline wuzneme
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

1370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2011, 05:27:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

now this post i am about to do is making me brick it a little.
given that it is a bloody big statement to make public.
whilst attempting not to look like a right muppet.

here goes,
i have solved the cryptogram
and i am now in a position of....ok...
what now?
 what do i do with it?
 how do i go about it?
 what help is out there?
who are the conmen to look out for?
who has the capabilities to help take this on?
where can a trusted group be pulled from?
how do i find the archeological folks?
how do i find an awesome lawyer?
how do i...etc etc etc.
or is there a group looking to take a challenge on?

the supposed value is immense,some say 1 Billion others say up to 4.5 Billion euros.
either way, wow. hence my um, um, anxiousness
alledgedly, 10kg of amassed diamonds alone is in excess of 550million
and no, before anyone asks i am not going to divulge all here.
bar the cross being real,(possibly one of 2). lavassuer fell out with john taylor over the cross (perhaps lavassuer was a bit of a religious man)
and the cassandra is there aswell.(80% certain,but i got a doubt it may be the cabo)
the rest well lets just say plenty coins , gold and diamonds amongst other things.

as you will all appreciate, this is a big one, and it needs some serious folk to help bring it back to life.
and finally,
no i am not from the philippines.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7155.msg189204.html#msg189204

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2011, 01:56:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Wuzeme in answer to your questions.

Okay you belive you might of solved the Crytogram? But have you established the authenticy of the Cryptogram? Unless your able to find a more earlier or original version  of it we cannot be sure that it nothing more than a 20 century forgery? And thats the problem.

What Now? You still have much more research to go my friend.

How do you go about it? Research and public libarys and records offices. French and British archive should be consulted. Also consult family history resaerch data bases for names as well as British Library and Amiralty records. Archival records in Lisbon Portagul would be helpful as well.The more info you have the much more of the story you will understand.

What help is out there? All of the above.

What conmen is out there? there is an old saying where there is treasure evil is never far away. For ever and a day there people out there with no scruples and would quite easly con you out of money. Many treasure legends attract an easy mark.

Who has the capabilities take this on? There are several. But like a professional gambler professional treasure hunters study thier mark until all angles are covered. And only then commit themselves to the project when they are satisfied. You have to look at the project not with your heart but with you head and treat the project as business venture.

Who could be trusted for the job? Treasure reasearch is like a slow date with like so interested people. Play your cards slowley to guage peoples personalities and morals. Treasure hunting partners are built up over time. There are some special quailities to have a treasure hunting partner. I have some very good friends but a lot of them I would never take on a trip. One thing you do not want is hangers on. What you look for people who have a passion for it but not consumed by ego.

How do you find archeological folks? Don't waste your time. There are very few Archeologists that would endanger thier professional careers in front of thier peers suporting anything that would be considered a treasure hunting. Most have been indoctrinated under the present manta that all treasure hunters are immoral.

How do you find a awsome lawyer? Awsome lawyers do not come cheap and they never put thier neck on the line only if they think they can get some thing out of it. Piracy is not dead they have swaped thier eyepatch and cutless for a suit and a mobile telephone and call them selves lawyers. Grin

Is there any groups out there? There is but you really have produce really credible research for them to get interested. Even then like all projects it costs a lot of money and investor always want to see a chance of finacial return, especially in these hard times.

Another you will need to establish is ownership of this alleged treasure? Just because you find some thing does not mean finders keepers? No fun being locked up in a third world jail. You have have to be realistic on what you can get out of it? Film rights? book? salvage rights. there is no guarantee of deal with relevent authorities. Gone are the days of the 1930's swashbuckling expeditions that turned up a remove the treasure in secret.

I hope this has given you some deeper insight to what you will be confronted with.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7155.msg189587.html#msg189587

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:08:47 am by hardluck »
Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2011, 02:43:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Hardluck

Sounds like some good advice.
 I got to thinking perhaps this cryptogram  was used to put people off the true path of Le buzz treasure ?
 I do like the idea of having cryptograme though, seems to make the hunt a bit more interesting  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7155.msg189588.html#msg189588

Offline wuzneme
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

1370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2011, 01:45:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hi all,
hardluck thank you for the post it is very informative, much appreciated.

there is something i am looking for in relation to how this document travelled through the years....
mention of bernadin nageon de lestang having been the man who eventually acquired the information alledgedly thrown into the crowd (3 cryptograms and 2 letters)
the other 2 cryptic messages were said to lead to the indus gold taken. it is alledged he found it (did he actually find it? or did he understand how to find it? so is it still in its original burial place?or is it as some say , now buried under the airport runway.
estang mentions he lost a lot of his papers relating to this...but were the other 2 cryptograms part of that, or did they also get passed onto his relatives? are they still in some private family papers belonging to the estangs?
anyway, it is said estang wrote to relatives prior to adjoining the apollo, so what ship was he on at the time when he off the coast of hindustan? near top end of west coast india, when he was involved in a battle with the british during the war, in which his cpt was injured eventually dying. as it mentioned that the cpt gave him the papers of hidden treasure.
what is this cpt name? where was he floating about in 1730? was he at the time just a young lad/sailor in the crowd or at the execution of oliver lavasseur?
on a little side branch , this one might be nice outta curiosity to track down....once the pirates had taken the cassandra off of mcrae, later they had sailed into cochin where the pirates were well entertained by the dutch authorities...the pirates gave as a gift a fine clock and gold watch ,found in the cassandra when captured , the present was sent as a gift to the governor`s daughter.would be nice to see if this was still in the family passing through the generations.
finally, i have a mention of john plantin who settled down, but i am wishing to know who the scotsman was with him and who the dane was with him on his little kingdom?they were obviously well trusted and up in the pecking order.
also the part between 1717 to 1719 seems to see lavassuer fade from mention bar the arrival of woodes rogers at new providence in 1718. so an assumption here could be that this lull was when lavassuer could of used his time to properly bury his goods, as he seems to have done the same with the cabo haul...well that and leading a quiet life away from prying authority eyes.(personally i think ever since he and taylor took the cabo it all went downhill from there...taylor whipping lavassuer for attempting to leave taylor .also the thought of lavassuer being a religious man and having regretted taking a ship with a religious cross on it.)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7155.msg189894.html#msg189894

Offline wuzneme
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

1370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2011, 05:56:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

looking to see if anyone can help confirm this , as am bambozzled with ships.

nossa senhora do cabo e sao pedro de alcantara
(sao pedro de alcantara is now a ruin in malaga)
the ship was orginally ex dutch...either a "gelderland" or a "zeelandia" 72gun?
bought off the dutch in 1717

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7155.msg189905.html#msg189905

Offline wuzneme
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

1370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2011, 07:40:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

it also seems levassuer may have had a family ,having done my own family tree and noticing surnames being written differently either clerical or misheard sounds like etc etc.
the family database i have has a
jean pierre le beuze born 12/02/1790
father, jean marie le beuze
mother , marie jeanne fidele

if this is a possible line then jean marie le beuze could possibly be the grandson of oliver le bouche
i cannot go any further back in time with the database. but this surname has only a limited number of entries for le beuze.
but given the small number of surnames back then it does look promising.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7155.msg189913.html#msg189913

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: