[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2012, 02:10:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Don Jose

Getting better as ales must done the trick. Cheesy His internet is unrealable is having a few problems after the last cyclone. The old boy is getting a little island happy these days, nothing gets done in a hurry,everything is done in jungle time. Grin

I spy in one of your photographs in your back filled mine tunnel some timbers which might be able for a dendrologist to sample and a estimated date range from could be some use for you later on?

Hardluck.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36559.msg232770.html#msg232770

Offline TayopaTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Mexico

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2012, 10:01:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

G'evening hard luck:  Hi to your friend if he ever gets his system working 5 x 5. Jungle time is contagious, I have had it since my Yucatan / Quintana Roo expedition.

I am having a meeting with my people Monday in Cd Obregon to discuss our next move.

As for the backfilled mine, we are in no hurry, it isn't going away (jungle time?) but I prefer an actual team composed of Gambusinos, native Mexican mine workers who will recognize any potential mine dangers further in.  these are dedicated men, but City boys.

I am sending them after bigger fish, presently the work will be on the surface.

You can bet yer bottom dollar that I would love to be leading them instead of simply telling them what to do.   Wise Wise

If they don't find what I want, I may send them on to Los Remedios, I know to wthin 1-2 meters where the tunnel is, since it was once denounced by a Gringolander in 1920.

He prospected his way down through very rich, and very dangerous, country to los Remedios which he found through help of the local Indians.  He didn't know of it being the Los Remedios, other than it was quite rich - Gold -  It is one of the  contributors of the Paramo placers of Tayopa.

Nope we have a lot of work up there, providing the narco gangs remain at status quo. with each other. 

I am putting together a package for the Mexican gov't to chew on and give me permission to finally open up the zone with some protection, legally & physically.   .  Eventually there will be a Gold Rush up there by the mining company's, but not just yet.

This is the reason that I have had to play a low key for some14 years since I first found Tayopa.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36559.msg232838.html#msg232838

Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Mexico

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2012, 12:06:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

G'morning Hard luck, your coffee is ready, join me.

The gentleman that filed on Los Remedios, did not know that it was one of the Tayopa group, just that it was a rich antigua - old -  gold mine.

To get to it, he had to tavel through extremely rough, rich minerslized country, which was bandit saturated from the revolution days.   A version of "how are you going to keep them down on the farm, after they have seen Gay Paree" from WW-1.  they woudn't return to their farming .

He traveled though very rich country to eventually end up at Tayopa, where, after making friends with the local Indians, they led him to the partially collapsed portal of Los Remedios.

He then returned through that rough, bandit infested country to Hermosillo, talked a suveyor into returning with him,  surveyed the property, certifying that it was of economic value,  then they returned to Hermosillo.

This was an adventure in it's own right, worthy of a book.

He never returned, always hoping that things would calm down, but they ever did, until just before I started exploring the region. The property was eventually declared free for further filings due to lack of tax payments in 1923.

He was from Oklahma city, nothing more has ever been developed, although I do intend to follow this up soon. Who was he?  What was he like? What happened to him that he never returned?

I found his old momument marker and was successful in developing the  faint remains of his writng enough to warrant a trip to Ocampo, the local mining region office. See attachment #1. Original as I found it, #2 is where someone else had cleared the momument of brush, but the data is no longer visible.

At that time the road to Ocampo had just been renovated by the gov't , but still it was an adventure in itself.  When I went to the office it was closed. I finally located the  agent, a lovely gal, and she graciously opened the office for me.  It seems that the mining division of Mexico was closing down many of the outlying offices.  She had packed all of the mining records of almost 100 years in very dusty cardboard boxes which were to be sent off within the next few days..  

I spent the next 5 hours covered with dust, searching the old records, before finding his filing.  

So I had his survey data, I know knew exactly with in a meter or so, of the entrance to Los Remedios, but it still wasn't time to call attention to Tayopa so it remained status quo.
In fact it is still so.

Will have to tell you of the similar 11th hour reprieve in securing the title of Tayopa itself  ehehe, and of the return trip from Ocampo when the 7 th of march thingie was seen quite clearly.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36559.msg232894.html#msg232894

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Los Remediso 1.jpg
los Remedios 2.jpg

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:19:59 pm by Tayopa »
Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2012, 05:25:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great Very interesting story Don , goodluck with your quest . cheers Mick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36559.msg232920.html#msg232920

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2012, 03:24:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Don, I enjoy reading you post. And hope you have some rewards for your quest. GB  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36559.msg232950.html#msg232950

Offline FlowerOfTheSea
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1685.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ADS III / Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2012, 10:06:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good going Don Jose. Too bad the government is dragging it's feet. It would be nice for you to see some return for all your efforts.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36559.msg232958.html#msg232958

FlowerOfTheSea (Flor Do Mar)

Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Mexico

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2012, 08:35:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good morning gentlemen:  join me in the patio for coffee?  Lupoita cafe por los senors AU, Golden Boy, and Flower por favor

I thank you gentlemen for taking the time to respond. 

Don Jose de La Mancha

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36559.msg233137.html#msg233137

Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Mexico

465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2012, 07:09:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The postponed meetng will be held on next Tuesday, will report then on the revealable details and the coffee consumption..

Don Jose de La Mancha
{alt} 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36559.msg233283.html#msg233283
http://www.thunting.com/smf/Themes/default/images/warnmute.gif

Offline FlowerOfTheSea
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1685.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ADS III / Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2012, 09:10:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Aww, nice patio. Columbian cafe por favor.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36559.msg233289.html#msg233289

FlowerOfTheSea (Flor Do Mar)

Offline Tuscoro
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Mine Lab
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2013, 09:43:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have not read the last 8 pages in this thread, nor have I read much pertaining to Tayopa,
may I ask if anyone has claimed to have or had in the past the handwritten document written by the Reverend Father Francisco Villegas Garsina y Orosco which is said to give directions to the mines? Was it ever published?

Also. would anyone be kind enough to give in a nut shell the story of this Tayopa?

In advance, Thank You...

Tuscoro

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36559.msg254229.html#msg254229

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Jump to: