[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline joechip4
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
France
Referrals: 0

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sovereign, Gold Max Power, Tejon, Fieldmaster SMX90...
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 03:01:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello,

may I, as a newbie on this forum... ? Do you allow "futurology" ?

My dream machine would be

* basically analog - I still think that in the open air the human being is more receptive to analog signals ! I do not need a screen, my eyes look at the ground and help me not to fall down.

* made of 1st class components, famous and clearly identified, not SMC (this would allow easy repairing) not covered by any kind of paint (I am a Minelab user...); may be I am na?ve, but I do not think that a perfectly designed machine would necessarily be copied. I compare MD with some modern High end Hifi equipment that could have been designed in the 70s.

* modular, with digital extensions, to be issued in the next years and decades

- 1 - (2015) DSP with Markov model (it works in speech regnognition, so why not...) + AI, soil / target database and learning capabilities - a global database would centralize the international information

- 2 - "pulltab 2020 (year of availability) module" : I would like the MD to tell me "pulltab" when it IS a pulltab (this would be a dream machine indeed and I do not care about the technology used, be it radar, thermo, shape recognition, Tommyknokers technology...)

- 3 - (2025) multipurpose analysis giving some characteristics of the target: crystal or not, pure or not, alloy, ore... (OK I am dreaming)

* relying on standardized coils (or include this universal coil enabler developped by Whites and Coiltec in the early 30s (2030s) )

* (2040) floating (I mean, the coil, thanks to an air flow or (2100) an antigravity module) at the optimal distance to the ground, calculated in real time by the MD; thanks to BT, coil would no more be on the shaft.

I do not need more depth (I do not hunt on sand beaches) but a better discrimination and sensitivity to small targets. What I realize is that I have to improve the MD user more than the MD itself !

regards,

Joe Chip

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg47458.html#msg47458

Offline GoldDigger1950Topic starter
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 04:23:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Joe, these ideas are terrific and I have added them all to the Dream Machine list. I expanded the coil idea to make it auto-scan and auto-compute to allow almost any coil that has the right connector to be installed. It would require a set of adapters for each coil manufacturer but it could be done. The tuning issue would be inefficient on some coils but close matches would be acceptable.

I had already jotted down the modular approach and have to give it some thought. I want to use I2C technology everywhere that I can. Serial data movement takes a long time (relatively speaking) so it may not work as well as a new, parallel bus would.

As to "futurology," isn't that what this topic is all about? We're daydreaming of a Dream Machine that may never see the drawing board. But not if I can help it. I've already started a functional block diagram.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg47462.html#msg47462

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline iqsmarter
Copper Member

come and see my web page it's cool thanks.
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Garrett GTI 1500, Garrett GTAx 400
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 07:04:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

*how about my dream detector it would be like sunglasses that would let you see deep into the ground with out any heave box es or wires like, and would work like an ex ray machine but are lite sunglasses?

the only draw back would be the feeling like your up high looking down lol we would fall from vertigo on the ground  Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg47484.html#msg47484

Steve B Alejandre

Steve B Alejandre, Hi I'm Disabled With C.P. & Love Metal Detecting My Heart Out!, I'm Born To Dig
Born in C,C. TX Got Married Now I'm Happy!

Please Register or Login

My..Steve's Pirate Gold Website

Please Register or Login

My Youtube vidoes

Offline GoldDigger1950Topic starter
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 09:40:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey, I bought a pair of those from the back of a Superman comic a long time ago. The X-Ray Spec were supposed to let me see through girls' clothes but I never did get it adjusted right.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg47506.html#msg47506

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline joechip4
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
France

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 06:51:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks GD, and thank you for your very useful explanations about the reaction of metal items to the MD field - very synthetic and precise. Do you know, do you have any reference concerning alloys, ores and other minerals ? I am interested in minerals and plan to use my detectors in order to find interesting crystals (and other nice stones - not many gold nuggets in France unfortunately  Undecided ) but the only information I have is binary and about the mineral conductivity and magnetism : yes/no.
Thanks, regards, Joe.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg47541.html#msg47541

Offline joechip4
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
France

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 07:01:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Steve,  I am also dreaming about such glasses, but I hope they will never be invented for a second reason : should they exist, everyone would have them, everyone would use them, and everyone would spend 100% of one's time digging, digging, digging, endlessly.  Cheesy All the animals would stare at those people digging This would be the end of civilization. Cry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg47542.html#msg47542

Offline Diggsall
MachinistMan
Pull Tab

???
MachinistMan
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Self Modded sd2200v2 (Frankenstein)  Whites MXT (BleepBlipBang)
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 09:08:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A television screen on top of the searchcoil...with audio off upon valid target signal of course.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg47900.html#msg47900

Buying a test nugget is bad luck...you didnt...did you??

Offline kendavid
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

1465.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Master Hunter CX, Treasure Hound
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2009, 03:32:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

I was thinking lately about gold resonance (I did a search and found this post). GD, if you build an oscillator circuit that transmits pulses of signals varying in speed from 1.7ghz to 3 ghz and set up your RX to read the reflection of those pulses you should be able to read the dip (as mentioned earlier in this post). The particular dip could be interpreted and actually reveal the purity of the gold. These transmissions would have to be "directional" and received in the same way in order for the direction of the target to be displayed. Distance to the target can be easily calculated and displayed as well. How to distribute the range of pulses in their specific directions is the part that's hounding me  Huh?. Could these frequencies (which are already in the microwave range) be piggy-backed on perhaps infrared?

One last question.... If I were to build this device will I cook my own foot? Grin

Thanks and HH yall,
Ken

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg51312.html#msg51312

KD

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2009, 05:56:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by kendavid
I was thinking lately about gold resonance (I did a search and found this post). GD, if you build an oscillator circuit that transmits pulses of signals varying in speed from 1.7ghz to 3 ghz and set up your RX to read the reflection of those pulses you should be able to read the dip (as mentioned earlier in this post). The particular dip could be interpreted and actually reveal the purity of the gold. These transmissions would have to be "directional" and received in the same way in order for the direction of the target to be displayed. Distance to the target can be easily calculated and displayed as well. How to distribute the range of pulses in their specific directions is the part that's hounding me  Huh?. Could these frequencies (which are already in the microwave range) be piggy-backed on perhaps infrared?

One last question.... If I were to build this device will I cook my own foot? Grin

Thanks and HH yall,
Ken

Wo! I thought he said megaHertz, was it really GIGA???

I have had some thoughts and will pass them on: a swept frequency, but the receiver has to be swept, in  unison, then do a circuit that screams, if the return/reflected energy drops below a settable level.

I will have to go back and re-read that exchange!

Actually cooking takes place near the water-hole frequency, which is much higher, and many, many more watts than you could carry around. The microwave ovens are a frequency sensitive cavity, so food disturbs the cavity and absorbs some of the klystron energy, which heats the water, in the food. This frequency is somewhere between 20 and 30  gigaHertz

That is a very simplified explanation. And do NOT belive the one about the lady drying her mutt in the microwave.... folktales.

I checked and he did say megaHertz, so no chancy of cooking feet.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg51335.html#msg51335

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:10:51 am by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2009, 06:06:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Hey, I bought a pair of those from the back of a Superman comic a long time ago. The X-Ray Spec were supposed to let me see through girls' clothes but I never did get it adjusted right.

You just never owned a Sony 'night-shot.'

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6989.msg51336.html#msg51336

goldigger

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Jump to: