[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 07:05:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

All of the free versions have serious limitations, as anyone here will find out. I posted a $99.95 solution here with a free trial.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.ezroute2000.com

As I mentioned in a previous post here, I have been using it for 20 years. It the Gerber files for your export to a board shop. You can have PC boards done directly from the Gerbers. You can even import Gerber files.

And, HOT NEWS, there is an update imminent which will make the basic system cost nearly $400.00. If you buy the system now, you will be able to upgrade for $99.95. That looks to me like a huge bargain.

Yes, I am very keen on this system. No, I make nothing from a sale. Nothing at all except good will from everyone who tries it and likes it. And I do love good will. Lots of it.

Go on. You know you want to try it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6708.msg40672.html#msg40672

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:12:37 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Eugene52Topic starter
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 07:20:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank-You to both the Goldiggers !!  Shocked  I am checking all the links as we speak .............Take Care..... Great.......Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6708.msg40674.html#msg40674

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 07:31:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golldigger1950;

I was writing a post, to you, hit two keys by accident, and it totally vanished!!

But here I am again: Funny

Gerber files: I have some old DOS programs that use Gerber files, I have to say, if the software does NOT auto generate Gerber files and use them internally, without external intervention (other than minor editing,) then it is the wrong software.

Gerber files give me the chills!

Anything with schematic capture should not require you to monkey with Gerber files.

That is MY opinion, mis-guided as it may be. Wise

goldigger no AKA Brian Funny

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6708.msg40675.html#msg40675

goldigger

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 09:19:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
Golldigger1950;

I was writing a post, to you, hit two keys by accident, and it totally vanished!!

Whoa! How did you do that? Smoke and mirrors?

Quote:Posted by {author}
But here I am again: Funny

Gerber files: I have some old DOS programs that use Gerber files, I have to say, if the software does NOT auto generate Gerber files and use them internally, without external intervention (other than minor editing,) then it is the wrong software.

All photoplotting equipment uses Gerber files nowadays. Simplest system out there. If you look at them, they are nothing more than x,y coordinates and instructions about drawing lines, drilling and etc. Go ahead. Have a peek.

Gerber files give me the chills!

Anything with schematic capture should not require you to monkey with Gerber files.

Nobody ever mentioned "monkeying" with them. The software I use generates them for you to send to a board manufacturer. If you want PC boards made, the company you send files to will insist on a Gerber photoplot or they will charge you a small fortune to generate one for their masks when making your boards.

That is MY opinion, mis-guided as it may be. Wise

goldigger no AKA Brian Funny

As always, you are welcome to your opinion even when wrong! LoL

Seriously, Brian, the Gerber files are generated from the image of the board layout. Automatically. All you do is push a button and wait a few seconds - all done. All you do is zip them up and send them to the board house. In a short time, the post office will bring your PC boards right to you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6708.msg40689.html#msg40689

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:21:24 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 09:22:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Eugene52
Thank-You to both the Goldiggers !!  Shocked  I am checking all the links as we speak .............Take Care..... Great.......Eugene

Did you read my PM Eugene? Good deal there if you are interested.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6708.msg40690.html#msg40690

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Eugene52Topic starter
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 10:52:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Did you read my PM Eugene? Good deal there if you are interested.

Hello G.D.1950 . Not seen the pm yet . I am still checking demo's . It will be a while before I decide .  Thanks for the information so far .
Regards.......Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6708.msg40694.html#msg40694

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 10:59:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger1950;

The DOS ware required you to roll up your sleeves and get directly involved. Sure, it would generate the files, AFTER. It even had tutorials on Gerber files, shudder. You just have NOT experienced it!

Some one, I cant find the post now, was recommending muriatic acid, for etchant, instead of ferrous chloride....  I have a suggestion for him, if he is lurking, try: Lysol, Deep Reach toilet cleaner... it is 9.5 percent hydrochloric acid. It also has ethyl laurel sulphate which is a pretty good adjuvant. And if 9.5 percent is too strong, thin it with bottled drinking water.

Adjuvant - a water wetter like soap or coffee.

I want to experiment with it, as ferrous chloride is hard to get here.... how about ordinary household bleach, sodium hypochlorate?? |That could be far cheaper than muriatic acid, which is dangerous.... oh yes, I also meant to tell him, neutralize with baking soda.

I have ALWAYS cleaned copper bottom cook pots with table salt: wet the pot with soapy dish water, shake on salt and leave sit til cleanish. I dont  think salt is strong enough to etch fast enough.

I know, too fast (strong) or too slow (weak), will cause under cutting.... one needs a happy mejum.

Oh, Gerber it all, anyway... good swear word!

goldigger (if there gets to be many more diggers, I will have to change to goldfiller Funny)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6708.msg40695.html#msg40695

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:04:59 pm by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 01:19:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
GoldDigger1950;

The DOS ware required you to roll up your sleeves and get directly involved. Sure, it would generate the files, AFTER. It even had tutorials on Gerber files, shudder. You just have NOT experienced it!

And that is precisely why I consider it a terrific feature if the Gerber files can be generated with a single button push rather than rolling up the digital sleeves. Look, Brian, rather than slag the program, download the free version. It doesn't ever expire and can give you a good idea of what the program can do.

Don't let the low price fool you, mate. I bought my original version of EzRoute Pro for $1300.00 nearly 20 years ago, upgraded it twice for half that amount each time and now, under new ownership, I can buy the exact same program for $99.95. No joke. It is the same software including a manual, postpaid for just under $100.00. Rather than even ask for an upgrade, two years ago I simply got a new copy. It is so much easier than my "slowly getting more and more outdated" version and it is now updated for use with WinXP.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6708.msg40717.html#msg40717

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 02:16:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger1950;

You always OVER sell! Mad

I never said I thought it was Bad, I never said I might not try it, I was just telling my experience with the OOOOOOLD stuff, you know DOS (Discontinued Old Software.) Funny

Actually, my plate is full and running over, but I will eventually get around to it. Exhausted

I have too many fires with irons in them and must cut back...

And I dont need Pinoy, running Amok on me, either.

goldigger  (AKA Brian by every body here)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6708.msg40720.html#msg40720

goldigger

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 07:07:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Eugene52
Hello G.D.1950 . Not seen the pm yet . I am still checking demo's . It will be a while before I decide .  Thanks for the information so far .
Regards.......Eugene

Aargh! Looks like I'd better send it again. Must have fallen prey to the flying monkeys! I knew I should have fed them last month.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6708.msg40745.html#msg40745

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: