[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France
Referrals: 0

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2011, 12:50:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Fredio

It is true that Saunière at the time of his death was liable to pay ​​some money, a roof for a priest was said to be a millionaire. But some years later in life when his servant said to his owners that it would reveal a secret, and the people of Rennes walked on a treasure without knowing it.

Luc

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11564.msg202345.html#msg202345

Lucky Luc

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2011, 09:54:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

There is always a problem with the word treasure as it can mean monetary value or cultural value. Perhaps his treasure wasn't spendable? We may never know.

Something out of the ordinary seems to have happened here in Sauniere's time and before, but what that was still remains a mystery at least to me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11564.msg202477.html#msg202477

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2012, 07:02:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Thank you for al the interesting posts on this topic. I think the templar cave story is just another sidehow like the priory of Sion. I think the Rennes Le Chateau story will never be fully understood because of what I call Yama Syndrome Wink The legend get so popular with public imagination that oportunists see ways to exploit this. Ben was one such character of many.

Sadly it is poor refection on anyone outside academic circles that is serious in exploring the history of this treasure legend.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11564.msg214384.html#msg214384

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2012, 04:03:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sauniere DID NOT die pennyless, his house keeper Marie Denarnaud was seen burning large amounts of cash, shortly after his death. Also Sauniere was said to have discovered something not hidden something. One serious and obvious problem with all this is why would the french DRAC be writing Emails in English also, the obvious Templar cross in the pictures is in way to good condition ( bright ) to be so old and the lighting in the pictures to good. I say this whole thing, is as, suggested, a hoax.
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11564.msg215867.html#msg215867

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2012, 06:44:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Gozzo

Sadly you are correct a hoax to sell his books.

The Irony in all of this I suspect the region will one day reveal a find of a Visgthic or Merovingian hoard buried some where?

Until then we have to endure the claims of the shysters, conspiracy theorists and con artists that haunt this well known treasure legend.

There is no argument on that he had wealth as the evidence is plain to see but it is a mystery about where sauniere obtained his wealth. I have never been sold on the idea that he earned it through his mail order prayer business.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11564.msg215871.html#msg215871

Offline dave88
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

France

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Safari minelab
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2012, 08:08:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

HI Everyone..!

From dave ,a french guy..

"Je pense que l' eglise ,et le vatican qui est une Etat ,sont au courant de ce mystère.. Donc ,si tresor il y a eu ,c'est le vatican qui a dut mettre la main dessus .." A savoir ,le vatican est l' un des meilleurs Service de Renseignement au Monde ..Lors des dernières conféssions ,avant de partir pour le paradis ,ce sont des mines d'informations de la part de "V.I.P" qui sont "avouées" ..

Bonjour à vous ..! Dave  Amen Amen Amen

Hello Dave welcome to thunting.

There is a policy at thunting with people from so many countries to communicate in English if possible. So here for the benifet of others is my poor French translation.

I think that the church, and the Vatican which is a State, are involved with this mystery. Therefore, if treasure there were, it is the Vatican which has had to put the hand up. Knowing, the Vatican is one of best the Intelligence service in the World. , they are mine of information on behalf of very important persons who are devotees at the time of the last confessions, before leaving for the paradise.

Harduck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11564.msg215875.html#msg215875

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:09:59 pm by hardluck »
Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2012, 10:12:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

@ Hardluck have you read the Holy blood and the Holy Grail by Henry Lincoln, Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, it's the book many including myself, believe Dan Brown based " The DaVinci Code " on. It was through reading it that I first became aware of Sauniere. That particular book on it's own leaves as many if not more questions unanswered, as it answers. And if you read just it, it can be quite astonishing and would no doubt leave one skeptical to say the least. how ever if after reading it. One was to read say " Jesus The Man " by Barbra Theiring. Things start to make sense, then perhaps " The Holy Place " which is written by Henry Lincoln alone. Before you know it You may find yourself reading " The History of The Knights Templars " by Charles G. Addison. I think you would be convinced there is something there. I try to steer clear of conspiracy nuts, however after reading books such as these it becomes very clear that someone, somewhere is hiding a secret. Sauniere who started out poor as dirt, rose to quite some stature and wealth and had some serious clout. I don't know if your aware or not but he died of a very suspicious causes that left him catatonic, at some stage when he gave his last confession the priest he gave it to became quiet disturbed by what he was told. there is definitely a connection to the Templar's. I wont try to make any conclusions for anyone but for those interested those books I mentioned before are a very good starting point. One of the strangest things about sauniere's redecoration of the church, is the stations of the cross are in colour and due to this show Jesus being removed from the tomb AT NIGHT.Hope this wets a few appetites. If you would like a more detailed reading list let me know and I will dig out my books on the subject. which there are a few another one is " The spear of destiny " although at first glance they all seem unrelated, they almost seem to deliberately lead to each other. The mystery has had me fascinated for years.
Gozzo

Posted on: March 09, 2012, 10:07:36 AM
Just for the record, I have absolutely NOTHING to gain, if these books sell. and none of my copies are for sale. But there is definitely a treasure there waiting to be discovered whether the treasure is purely Gnostic or monetary I don't know. P.S Mr french guy I neither speak nor read Francois.
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11564.msg215901.html#msg215901

Offline FlowerOfTheSea
Knight
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1685.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ADS III / Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2012, 10:43:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well, due to my extensive research (i read these posts and followed Lux's link, lol), I have come to the absolute conclusion, that it was all a hoax.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11564.msg215903.html#msg215903

FlowerOfTheSea (Flor Do Mar)

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2012, 09:29:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

@ Flowers Of The Sea, I'm not disputing that the " mummy" and the cave in question was a hoax,something very odd happened at  . Sauniere found something without a doubt, any research on preceding posts in this thread based on fake mummy's would be bound to appear as a hoax as that's all that part is. Read the Holy Blood and The Holy Grail, and I think you will find it a very well researched book by some very skilled Journalists, not shysters. Poussin's " Shepards in Arcadia " is supposedly a painting that was a vision in his head. Yet it clearly show the mountains behind Rennes le Chateau. I left that out of my first posts because I am trying not to make others reach the same conclusions I did, but rather stimulate a good conversation, about something that has fascinated me for years.
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11564.msg215978.html#msg215978

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2012, 02:27:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Gozzo

Priory of Sion and the Ben Hammott are a side show. Before the Yama syndrome kicked in Grin

For clarification between the topics I like to invite you and everyone else join me in a new topic away from this Mummy found in a cave topic.

It would interesting to see what we could dig up between us on the orginal topic of this alleged discovery by Sauniere?

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11564.msg216012.html#msg216012

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: