[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 01:32:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ArfieBoy
Mudflap, that may be true.  Although, RidgeRunner from Australia was willing to accept it at the rope party!  But I believe he was more interested in the corn products!  LOL!    Grin

Ahhhhh yes.... corn products...... Been to a few tree stumps in WVA myself!!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg203291.html#msg203291

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Authorized White's Dealer, V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2012, 06:14:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Products from China are all garbage and usually break within the first 5min dont throw your money away. Boycott all chineese products. Buy American and help save American jobs at least your getting quality and you can trust in that!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg217478.html#msg217478

Offline coloma gold
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
France

1065.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

VX3, DFX300
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2012, 11:16:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

BA,

I'm not against the chinese trying to compete with the american brands (White's) as long as it is on a level playing field. What I don't accept (and don't accept anyone's arguments to the contrary) is the underhanded act of copying the name to make it look like the original brand as in the case of the stealing of the white's logos, name, etc. Stealing technology is rotten enough, but when someone steals you trade name, etc., that is unacceptable, chinese or otherwise. I also don't accept associating with anyone who buys these copycat products. Nationalistic? No.  I remember the japenese products after the war ( l lived there in 1951-52). Sony did not put someone else's name on their products nor did toyota (as far as I know).  They competed using different methods to gain their foothold in the market. That's not what is happening with the knockoffs produced by the chinese. As far as minelab, I have no problem withsome buying minelab. They use their own name.  Coloma Gold

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg217605.html#msg217605

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 06:09:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes I agree, it would be different if they developed their own product lines instead of copying everything and using crap parts to make everything with. Years ago I bought an angle grinder not knowing better and it literally blew up in my hands within 5 min sending shrapnel every where and it was a good thing i was wearing safety glasses as a few pieces hit me in the face bounced off my glasses and ripped into my check and forehead. Harbor Freight  opened up in the States and all they sell is chineese crap, copies of everything, they offer a life time warranty but time is money and the cost of driving back and forth to replace crap ads up. No thank you, when it comes to power tools or anything thats going to take a lot of abuse I prefer a well known company and will never buy chineese. Well for that matter I wont buy chineese anything I dont care what it is, if it says made in china I put it back on the shelf. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg217622.html#msg217622

Offline gambol1
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 03:29:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What really bugs me about chi-com tools is they are often not just shoddy. They are 'tool look alikes' That is they will no way function as a tool yet they go to great lengths to make it look like a tool. My Daughter bought a chi-com hammer. The handle broke and the head flew off and hit her in the face the first time she used it. I looked at the break and the metal the handle was made out of was only slightly thicker than a beer can. This was a tool look alike, not a tool.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg218247.html#msg218247

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2012, 12:39:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A fool and his money will soon be separated. If you buy crap then crap is what you get.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg218292.html#msg218292

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2012, 07:21:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by coloma gold
What I don't accept (and don't accept anyone's arguments to the contrary) is the underhanded act of copying the name to make it look like the original brand as in the case of the stealing of the white's logos, name, etc. Stealing technology is rotten enough, but when someone steals you trade name, etc., that is unacceptable, chinese or otherwise

100% agree with you on that, including the part about it doesn't matter who does it, it is still unacceptable and needs to be repudiated.    I can understand why people (of any country) might think it is a good idea to try to imitate a known and respected logo, trade-mark etc, but it's still wrong and they deserve to be prosecuted AND shunned.
   On the other hand, I'm not personally going to ignore something just because it is made in China---I probably won't buy it, but I will take note of it and its true capabilities.    To succeed in any competitive environment you need to KNOW yourself and your competition......and that means brutally honest appraisals of both's strengths and weaknesses.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg219043.html#msg219043

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2012, 07:38:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I ran into a guy today while I was out detecting he had told me he had just bought a cheap one from Harbor Freight still in the box yet ...lol, I told him it is made in china and guaranteed to break down soon and he was better off taking it back and buying AMERICAN and gave him my number if he wanted a deal on a REAL metal detector. I told him anything that says made in china gets put right back on the shelf ! Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg219048.html#msg219048

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2012, 08:48:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Alfie, I heard that  Shocked  you aint talking about my corn squeezin's are ya!  Wink  .

Powerful stuff  Cheesy

You have to be carefull about the minelabs because since they got them made over sea's they have had a heck of a time with clone-ing,etc

Praise the Lord that Whites are still made in the U.S of A  and that does give a person ease of mind,

I'LL Drink to that

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg219056.html#msg219056

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
1%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2012, 11:36:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ridge Runner:  Whaaaaa...?  I only spoke about your corn squeezin's with pride!!!   Great   In my way too many years of experience any corn sqeezin's I may have inadvertantly sampled were alway very hot and burny, and knock you off your seat delicious.  Kind of like the two gys drinkin' corn mash together...  one guy holds the gun on the other to make sure he takes a drink.  Then after the drink the guy with the gun hands it to his buddy and says, "Now you hold the gun on me while I take a drink!    Devil

I'll drink to that, too!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26837.msg219165.html#msg219165

ArfieBoy

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:40:59 am by ArfieBoy »

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: