[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 01:50:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Goldigger, why on earth would you disassemble a perfectly good snow blower when wheels like the one on Alan's machine go for next to nothing at Home Depot? Or use a baby carriage frame right from a curb side trash pickup.

WHY? YOU SAY WHY!!!?  Shocked

Well... the blower part is no good, why blow leaves and sticks; the old wheels do not give enough clearance; the drive is all in the rear section; we have 2, MUCH better, newer, and BIGGER machines. Any more questions?

I already increased the wheel size once, so it did not get high centered on snow balls, it has 16 inch high wheels, so I figure light 26" bike, or motorbike wheels (Knobbies.) I can make  the instrument package, to fit on, with the same mount bolts/holes. Just put on a CB and an air horn, and lefferwent!  A true Canadianism meaning "let 'er rip!."  Grin

Put a big loop out front, go nugget shooting, and never walk. (Except to dig the goodies.) This thing has an 8 horse Tecumseh and runs about 4 hours on a gallon of gas (about $4.81 Can., right now, so $9.62 per day.)  Shocked

Rube Goldberg was a johnny-cum-lately, a Chee-chako.  Kiss Kiss

goldigger

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8786.msg58582.html#msg58582

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:52:07 am by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 08:11:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
Alan;
Why have you not shown the above machine before?? I was thinking of building somethin,g and seeing this has sparked some ideas.  Shocked Shocked

We have 3 snow blowers, here, and if I take the oldest one, take the whole blower section off (about 4 bolts,) I can put an instrument section, in its place with caster wheels, plus higher drive wheels (26 inch,) and maybe have a real handy prospecting tool. It is green and can hide in the bush.... if that helps!  Grin Grin

Perhaps even tracks.

Maybe a little trailer to ride on?  Kiss Kiss

goldigger

Sometimes goldigger you dont want others to know what type of gear your using hehehe if everyone knew what we use on some of our trips and expeditions everyone else would be using the same hehehe.  ever heard of never letting your left hand know what your right hands doing hehehe this was an exception to the rule and dug it out just to let others know we use other devices apart from detectors hehehe but hey im happy its given you ideas too if your in snowy areas think about scooter or moped wheels they tyres are wider and may not sink into the snow hehehe

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8786.msg58640.html#msg58640

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 03:47:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Alan Hassell
Sometimes goldigger you dont want others to know what type of gear your using hehehe if everyone knew what we use on some of our trips and expeditions everyone else would be using the same hehehe.  ever heard of never letting your left hand know what your right hands doing hehehe this was an exception to the rule and dug it out just to let others know we use other devices apart from detectors hehehe but hey im happy its given you ideas too if your in snowy areas think about scooter or moped wheels they tyres are wider and may not sink into the snow hehehe

This is why I chuckle out loud when I see people asking about "how deep was that target?" when they see a coin find they like. What they're really doing is believing that if they buy a "Brodnoski VisionDig 2000" they will find the same coin you just did because that was the machine you were using. Amazing.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8786.msg58667.html#msg58667

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 11:26:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
This is why I chuckle out loud when I see people asking about "how deep was that target?" when they see a coin find they like. What they're really doing is believing that if they buy a "Brodnoski VisionDig 2000" they will find the same coin you just did because that was the machine you were using. Amazing.

Maybe.

I will tell you what. How about incorporating Madame Blavatsky, digitally, on a processor and using that! You might find just about anything.

Unfortunately that might be classified as black-box technology. Hmmmm.

Or, Charles Fort!

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8786.msg58730.html#msg58730

goldigger

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Live it is a treasure to enrich the spirit
Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher F75, Tesoro Eldorado
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 12:47:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good morning all,

New document: Here is a report filmed on gisors realise in 1964.

Maintenance with the mayor de Gisors of epoch, from Mr Lhomoy, as well as a friend of this last having helped him during searches.

The first sequences of the film are silent

Hello all, again me

A new video about Gisors, and the history of a prisoner (probably Nicolas Poulain) which would have left engravings dated of 1575, accomplished according to the legend with the help of a simple nail.

The prisoner of the tower left many graffitis.

Some still try to decipher these engravings.

The comment of this video is in French, I am sorry for the English speakers.

The narrator is G?rard de S?de, the author of the novel" The Templars are among us"

Best regards

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8786.msg59237.html#msg59237

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:06:52 am by Luc »

Lucky Luc

Offline fredio
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

320.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 10:29:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Luc,
       I read your article about the castle and its mystery, perhaps its not a great mystery , perhaps its something as simple as a church built between the Port de la ville and the Port du Gouverneur.
      Later in more settled times the church could have been rebuilt  2.000 meters south in the new town using most of the stone from the
castle church, leaving the crypt in situ ,just bricked up.
    Look on the map and see the similar size and positions.

Regards  Fredio

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8786.msg73426.html#msg73426

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 12:22:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Luc, great story Smiley I was thinking this could be an instance where you could use your academic credentials to your advantage. Simply create an archaeological mapping project of the site and apply for permission to use gpr to look for foundation walls. Non intrusive data collection shouldnt cause to much objection. Then you would have your data.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8786.msg73451.html#msg73451

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 11:55:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Idaho Jones

I agree with you, except that in this case, the French government blocked all attempts at exploration (all kinds). Applications for permits scanning have seen rejected. Why?

Best regards

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8786.msg73550.html#msg73550

Lucky Luc

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 05:30:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Luc

Does France have a cultural and heritage commission department that has the responsibility of protecting historic Archeological sites?

Is the site owned by the state or privately owned?

Do you know the guide lines of that department policy on the management of such sites?

I think it would be hard to get a permit for a non member of the archeological elite to get access even with a non destructive servery these days.

In England even Archeologists even have apply for a license to dig or survey at designated listed historical site in which they may or may not be allowed to do. I think from memory the head archeologist conservator from English Heritage has final say in his respective region. There is grading system of historical sites with some limited to very strict guide lines. Scotland and Wales have their own versions. I do not know if the system is based on EU existing legislation.

Allan is perhaps the pest person to explain the details or correct my poor memory.

Hardluck  Huh?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8786.msg73597.html#msg73597

Offline LucTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you14

Activity
0%
Male
France

3491.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 07:38:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Hardluck,

Thanks for your comments,
This monument is a historical monument of this fact it is under the auspices of the Ministry of Culture, therefore classified as belonging to the French state (that is why all askings, for excavation depth or in surface or with a radar is subject to acceptance by the concerned department before the department of archaeological research.

Luc

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8786.msg73620.html#msg73620

Lucky Luc

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: