[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 05:38:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Why the heck does "'" appear each time I try to use an apostrophe in this forum? Anyways, I'm off to scan some earth.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54425.html#msg54425

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 05:42:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
While no exact date was mentioned in the paragraph quoted, page 46 of the book is within a chapter titled "Storming the Indies" which is set in the time-frame of WW2 when the Japanese invaded Malaya and Singapore. I made a phone call to Bank Negara last Friday and was told that no other bank with the same name existed before it was founded in 1959. It is also stated on the central bank's website that they are celebrating their 50th year (

Please Register or Login

http://www.bnm.gov.my/index.php?ch=7&pg=735&ac=641
) On this basis, one may surmise that the Seagraves made a glaring error.

I had also considered the possibility that the British colonial masters of Malaya had had a central bank, but if they did, its name would not have been in the Malay language.

What about the formation of the bank? Did it form from a group of older banks? Almost all modern banks have their foundation in older banks. It seems to me that just casual research on my part determined that the Bank Negara was set up specifically for the exchange of gold and world currencies controlled by a central source. Almost certainly the bank was formed from nationalized banks just after WWII ended. The world, both physical and financial, was in serious turmoil and needed the stability of government (centralized) control.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54426.html#msg54426

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 05:44:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
Why the heck does "'" appear each time I try to use an apostrophe in this forum? Anyways, I'm off to scan some earth.

It only appears if you have a link embedded in your post. Don't use contractions with links. It's a flaw, not a bug, in the HTML process when it is generated by a PHP file. The SMF (Simple Machines Forum) is written in PHP.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54427.html#msg54427

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline gold_seeker13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 08:38:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

guys,

im a filiipino...i was 12 years old when marcos was sent off to Hawaii...
im a lawyer now...but here are my lingering questions

1.) how possible is it that indeed the japanese looted the other asian countries even before and during the two world wars ? and how possible is it that they buried their loot here?

2.) how possible is it that before Marcos died he discovered/found some of those gold in our country

well, most of you here are older than me Smiley i cannot even answer that...
but as I told you before, i talked with the lead diver last July who was ordered to dive into the seas off the visayas (where the greatest naval battle in history took place)the order from Malacanang was simply to verify if the cargoes off the japanese warship was still there...and after they confirmed that the cargoes still existed, they were not allowed to dive again....maybe he lied to me maybe he did not...

3.) is the Hawaii court wrong in ruling in favor of the person who found the Golden Buddha?

the book GW may have stories which cannot be corroborated...it may not even be worth reading for some....but its a good read just the same, for me at least  Kiss

-seeker-

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54439.html#msg54439

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 10:28:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
What about the formation of the bank? Did it form from a group of older banks? Almost all modern banks have their foundation in older banks. It seems to me that just casual research on my part determined that the Bank Negara was set up specifically for the exchange of gold and world currencies controlled by a central source. Almost certainly the bank was formed from nationalized banks just after WWII ended. The world, both physical and financial, was in serious turmoil and needed the stability of government (centralized) control.

How and from what Bank Negara was formed is inconsequential in this matter. It did not exist in WW2 while the Japanese had invaded and were in control of Malaya.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54442.html#msg54442

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 10:32:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
It only appears if you have a link embedded in your post. Don't use contractions with links. It's a flaw, not a bug, in the HTML process when it is generated by a PHP file. The SMF (Simple Machines Forum) is written in PHP.

Mystery solved and understood, thanks. I thought my browser had a bug in it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54443.html#msg54443

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 11:04:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by gold_seeker13
guys,

im a filiipino...i was 12 years old when marcos was sent off to Hawaii...
im a lawyer now...but here are my lingering questions

1.) how possible is it that indeed the japanese looted the other asian countries even before and during the two world wars ? and how possible is it that they buried their loot here?

2.) how possible is it that before Marcos died he discovered/found some of those gold in our country

well, most of you here are older than me Smiley i cannot even answer that...
but as I told you before, i talked with the lead diver last July who was ordered to dive into the seas off the visayas (where the greatest naval battle in history took place)the order from Malacanang was simply to verify if the cargoes off the japanese warship was still there...and after they confirmed that the cargoes still existed, they were not allowed to dive again....maybe he lied to me maybe he did not...

3.) is the Hawaii court wrong in ruling in favor of the person who found the Golden Buddha?

the book GW may have stories which cannot be corroborated...it may not even be worth reading for some....but its a good read just the same, for me at least  Kiss

-seeker-

About 2 years after Marcos fled the Philippines, I met by sheer chance an American and we had a pleasant conversation. He claimed he a member of the USAF and was one of the pilots on the plane that carried Marcos to Hawaii and that the aisle between the seats of the plane was about 11/2 feet deep in US currency notes that were hastily thrown aboard. I do not know if he was telling a tall tale, but I saw no lie in his eyes.

Ever since then, I have run across in the Philippines and Malaysian Borneo, USAF staff both active and retired. Over the years I thought nothing much of it as many Americans like being in the Philippines, and the USAF had many C-130s refurbished by contractors in Malaysia prior to the 9/11 incident. But then something clicked: the Jewish American gold buyers I knew in Makati were retired USAF. The treasure hunters I met in Gen. Santos, Davao and Zamboanga were active and retired USAF. So many USAF people here; could it be that the man who claimed to be a pilot saw "something" during Marcos' flight, and that "something" spurred him and his air force buddies to be involved in the treasure hunting industry?

Anyhow, history is often re-written by the victorious. The chance for ordinary people to get the real story is slim. Glad you enjoyed the Gold Warriors book. I shall resume reading it when I am bored.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54444.html#msg54444

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 11:56:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The edition of Gold Warriors I have was published by Verso Books. I found online the Seagraves' website

Please Register or Login

www.bowstring.net
and have written to them via the Contact Us menu for clarification on this Bank Negara matter. Lets hope for a reply. The text sent is pasted below:

Dear Sir and Madam Seagraves,

I recently purchased a copy of Gold Warriors and found on page 46, it is stated: "In Kuala Lumpur, Golden Lily found vaults at Bank Negara packed with 23.97 karat bars of 6.250 kilos each, measuring 1 x 2 x 5.75 inches."

To the best of my knowledge, Bank Negara of Malaysia was only formed in 1959 and did not exist in WW2 when the Japanese conquered British Malaya. As that particular chapter deals with the Japanese invasion of South East Asia, is it correct to assume that the reference to Golden Lily pertains to the same time period? I hope your good selves can enlighten me on this matter.

Thank you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54450.html#msg54450

Offline gold_seeker13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 04:10:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

well of course Imelda and her children would not tell what the plane carried hahahahah....she left her 300 pair of shoes in the phils though Smiley

-seeker-

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54488.html#msg54488

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 04:19:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by gold_seeker13
well of course Imelda and her children would not tell what the plane carried hahahahah....she left her 300 pair of shoes in the phils though Smiley

-seeker-

300? I think it was more like 3000 pairs of shoes. I feel very sad for the Philippine people when I think of how much she splurged. Madam GMA's PHP100,000 steak dinner in New York recently is in the same vein.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54493.html#msg54493

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.