[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2010, 08:59:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Hobbyist and others are well with in their rights to question things that seem inconsistent.

At first glimpse of Seagraves Book it look all very impressive with host of almost baffling array of documentation to support his claims. However the more I tried to collaborate the more inconsistency I discovered.

Here is an example of one of his alleged documents. He claims that the Mercantile Insurance Company insured vast amounts of Bullion. The fact of the matter the company did exist But only came into as into existence in 1993 many years after the alleged insurance. The alleged document claims this agreement and contract occurred in 1982.

You are free to see this for yourself.

The Mercantile Insurance Company is Kenyan registered Company in no way in any way of its earliest creation had the funds required to insure the vast amount of bullion claimed in the document. As besides they have never had a connection with the Philippines nor did they ever have a branch office there.

I know this for a fact as the Company is Audited by Price Coopers and Lybrand. who some times works on behalf of WTO. In auditing third worlds companies.

Seagrave may be a nice Guy and might even be your hero. However you cannot claim that his motives are purely an honest intention to reveal the corruption of the evil west and Capitalism. 

But ultimately he is selling books to make money. Good luck to him.

This is just one example and I could go on but serious is it really worth the effort?

Hardluck.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114538.html#msg114538

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Mercantile insurance company d1.jpg

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 11:16:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

The Americans viewed this money as a War prize, and every American president from Harry Truman to George W. Bush
has used the slush funds for various purposes. Truman, through a number of his top aides close to the Harrimans and
the Rockefellers, set up the Black Eagle Trust Fund to fight communism. General MacArthur set up the Yotsuya Fund
to finance Japan?s yakuza underworld,
and military men, including Generals John Singlaub and Robert Schweitzer, organized an expedition using former Navy
SEALs and Army Special Forces personnel. One member of the team, Charles McDougald, actually recovered 325 metric
tons of gold in 1987, although, as one might suspect, he found himself in trouble too.

This and other crap has been around for years  Total Bull and you know it GW

Mr. Valentine,and  Seagraves are writers they will stretch the truth and add unproven facts to sale books. Then they hire or convince people to go around starting crap on online forums to help in the sales. Yes thats what you are doing. How many hits do you think DouglasValentine.com got since you posted that link how many Seagraves novels have been ordered in the last 48 hours? You are a tool to sale books no more no less just a tool.
First there has to be a treasure and 95% of the treasure hunting community believe what little treasure hid was found by  Marcos there is little left if any.
This is just one more example of a really good treasure story being turned into a conspiracy by writers with little else to do. Think about it if all these folks wanted Seagraves dead he would be dead not 74 years old living off his book royalties while clowns fight his cause.
As I have said before you need to check facts and checking one nut against another in not checking.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114557.html#msg114557

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2010, 04:51:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hardluck ~ Your opinion and comments are refreshing and greatly appreciated. It's nice to see that there are participants in this discussion who are professional and don't resort to name calling and pride themselves in disingenuous insinuations. A little spirited debate is healthy, but the sandbox mentality and insinuation that I have been hired to sale (sis) books for Sterling and Peggy is not.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114604.html#msg114604

Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2010, 07:17:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Note that the troll has yet to refute ONE single inaccuracy in Gold Warriors. There's a simple reason for that: it can't. Instead it chooses to carry on whining and whinging away. You started something and can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114614.html#msg114614

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2010, 03:38:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Get a life Hobbyist....You have FAR too much spare time on your hands. My note was to Hardluck, and not to you. Any dialogue with you is a complete waste of time. Gold Warriors speaks for itself, and you don't speak for Gold Warriors. Hardluck may be right that it contains typos or inaccuracies by copyrighters or independent investigators, but it, and each any every single one of the other twenty two books that Sterling has authored are far better than anything you have ever accomplished in your life. Presumably you have accomplished something in your life other than hanging around this message board, probably a bad presumption.... as it appears that your hobby is your life. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114870.html#msg114870

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2010, 03:55:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

OOH the troll is sore! Your "note" was to the forum, not just to Hardluck. If you don't want anyone to see your whining, send him a PM! Until now you have been unable to dispute my findings. All you are is a sad little person bereft of common sense to see things for what they really are. Keep on hiding behind your puffery, coz that's all you can do! Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114875.html#msg114875

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2010, 04:32:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

What a surprise you just happen to be sitting in front of your computer the moment that I posted my note above Hobbyist! Nobody here seems to be whining and name calling other than you. Your findings? What findings? Oh I guess you found a new word "coz". The only note I've seen posted by you is the one below, which interestingly enough, leaves out the possibility of a typo, something you are so very fond and proud of. You are the one whining and saying that you have wasted your money, on something that you haven't even read......The only "finding" I have seen on this topic by you is that I find your childish sandbox mentality completely boring. Maybe you should take up a different hobby, I hear that video games are just as productive as everything else that you have accomplished in your little sandbox life. A better idea, try comic books, more pictures, less big words, and maybe a better chance of finding a comic book forum for your new sandbox.

1) I don't know my history, and a Bank Negara did exist in British Malaya during WW2.
2) The authors made a mistake in the name of the bank.
3) This book is a mish-mash of fiction mixed in liberally with real happenings, and I've wasted my money.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114879.html#msg114879

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2010, 05:19:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

And the troll, bereft of any points of fact to help his good friend Seagraves get out of this hole, resorts to more whining and whinging. At the rate you're carrying on, one can easily surmise that the wound is indeed DEEP. Keep going. We're having a good laugh at your childish idiocy!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114883.html#msg114883

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2010, 05:29:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Whinging.....hmmmmm......I've got to get up to speed on comic book terminology. Your sandbox mentality is mildly amusing Hobbyist, but VERY boring, and not at all entertaining. If you want to entertain yourself, write a book. I'd be more that happy to critique it for you and the general public. Now that would be both entertaining and amusing, as well as educational. Anyway, as I said, you are a complete bore, and I imagine the moderator will say that we are both off topic, so I just want to thank you for the very boring and mildly amusing entertainment. Please let me know when your first book is published, I can't wait! Don't worry, if it's a comic book, I'll get up to speed on your special words and critique it anyway.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114885.html#msg114885

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2010, 05:37:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Only one of us is off topic...and it isn't me! I've been waiting for you to save Seagraves! Hope your brain can figure that out. But if you can't, and for those who came in late, I'll spell it out for the benefit of all:

1) Old troll guesswho saw this thread that showed his buddy Seagraves to be a most inaccurate author.
2) Old troll guesswho got mad and decided to pick on a typographical error.
3) Old troll got madder when called a troll (which he is).
4) Old troll guesswho cried crocodile tears, and wanted to run away and have his account closed down.
5) Old troll guesswho got goaded into staying, and till now has yet to prove any inaccuracies about Seagraves' inaccuracies!

I guess that sums it all up in a nutshell. Now if that old troll brain of yours is capable of cognitive thought, think twice before trying to troll in a forum!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114886.html#msg114886

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.