[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline gold_seeker13
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 04:28:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

was it 3000 Idiot hahahaha
yup GMA could have saved a lot of dollars if she just purchased five kilos of beef and have it cooked in the philippine embassy hehehehe

-seeker-

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54496.html#msg54496

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 06:57:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

The Seagrave?s wacky conspiracy theory of how General Macarthur and the president of the United States (and succeeding presidents knew, too) found billions of dollars in gold bullion and financed the cold war is not only beyond belief, but ludicrous as well. The conspiracy theory of how Emperor Hirohito appointed his brother head of a secret organization in charge of the looting is another example of unsupported, non-documented accusations made by the author. This book is a playground for conspiracy theories and continuously leaves out pertinent and valid documentation.

Although Gold Warriors is an excellent action-adventure treasure hunting novel, filled with fictitious characters and events....it should not be confused with real history.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54504.html#msg54504

Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 08:55:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the input, Rational Observer. Can you recommend other books which tell the real history?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54516.html#msg54516

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 08:51:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
How and from what Bank Negara was formed is inconsequential in this matter. It did not exist in WW2 while the Japanese had invaded and were in control of Malaya.

In a discussion with someone, here, offline, it was suggested that perhaps the bank was set up/established with this bullion, wherever and whenever it came into being, thus, someone is withholding information, does not know, or is just plain telling untruths, somewhere.

It may be just as the authors state, but they may have no more proof than hearsay.... do not kill the messenger, so-to-speak.

I have not looked at the book, yet, but is sounds like a good read, if this discussion is any indication.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54612.html#msg54612

goldigger

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 08:57:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Mystery solved and understood, thanks. I thought my browser had a bug in it.

Unfortunately, we all suffer from the same problem, I have seen some work-arounds such as asterisk or comma in place of an apostrophe, mostly, I have been avoiding contractions.  Shocked

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54614.html#msg54614

goldigger

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 11:46:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by gold_seeker13
was it 3000 Idiot hahahaha
yup GMA could have saved a lot of dollars if she just purchased five kilos of beef and have it cooked in the philippine embassy hehehehe

-seeker-

Remember that tv interview where Imelda claimed to be broke and was reduced to wearing knock-off watches from Divisoria? She also proudly justified her shoe-spending as a way to help the shoemakers of Marikina. She and GMA should be made to stand in the smokey mountain slum (without their goons and bodyguards) and explain to the citizens there why they wasted so much money. But I digress....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54740.html#msg54740

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 12:12:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldigger
In a discussion with someone, here, offline, it was suggested that perhaps the bank was set up/established with this bullion, wherever and whenever it came into being, thus, someone is withholding information, does not know, or is just plain telling untruths, somewhere.

It may be just as the authors state, but they may have no more proof than hearsay.... do not kill the messenger, so-to-speak.

I have not looked at the book, yet, but is sounds like a good read, if this discussion is any indication.

goldigger

A little logic can go a long way. During British colonial times, institutions of any importance in Malaya had their names in the King's English. Therefore, the Malay name "Bank Negara" could have never existed then. Furthermore, Bank Negara was only established in 1959. The author's claim of the WW2-era Golden Lily discovering gold in the vaults of Bank Negara is therefore erroneous. I can't make it any plainer. In any case, I'm still waiting for a reply from the authors. If I don't get a reply, I'll write in to Verso books and see what happens. Whether the authors are just the messengers or the actual creators of the message is debatable...and more importantly, is moot. They are responsible for the writings in a book which credits their names as the writers.

Now as for your "outside" discussion where it was suggested that the bank in question was set up with the discovered bullion, why would the Japanese set up independant Malaysia's central bank in 1959? That is what Bank Negara is...our central bank. Would not the discovered bullion have been looted as war spoils? On what basis was that suggestion made?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54753.html#msg54753

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 03:15:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the input, Rational Observer. Can you recommend other books which tell the real history?

The real history of World War ll or the real history of the Japanese invasion of the Philippines?    Huh?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54769.html#msg54769

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 03:41:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A little logic can go a long way. During British colonial times, institutions of any importance in Malaya had their names in the King's English. Therefore, the Malay name "Bank Negara" could have never existed then. Furthermore, Bank Negara was only established in 1959. The author's claim of the WW2-era Golden Lily discovering gold in the vaults of Bank Negara is therefore erroneous. I can't make it any plainer. In any case, I'm still waiting for a reply from the authors. If I don't get a reply, I'll write in to Verso books and see what happens. Whether the authors are just the messengers or the actual creators of the message is debatable...and more importantly, is moot. They are responsible for the writings in a book which credits their names as the writers.

Now as for your "outside" discussion where it was suggested that the bank in question was set up with the discovered bullion, why would the Japanese set up independant Malaysia's central bank in 1959? That is what Bank Negara is...our central bank. Would not the discovered bullion have been looted as war spoils? On what basis was that suggestion made?

I really am at a loss to understand your issue here. There is no requirement for the bank to exist during WWII if the items were found AFTER WWII, which 1959 certainly qualifies as being. The book does not give a date, or so you indicate, so there's no way to determine when the items were discovered. The bank itself could be using an older bank and its buildings for a foundation of its offices. As I explained earlier, banks consolidate their offices and personnel during mergers or new bank creations. Why would you assume otherwise? Why presume that the bank was formed from all new buildings and all new offices? That defies logic.

The important question to ask is when was it discovered. Only then can you really take issue with the information being incorrect.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54776.html#msg54776

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 05:09:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Rational Observer
The real history of World War ll or the real history of the Japanese invasion of the Philippines?    Huh?

The real history of what happened as opposed to the claims the Seagraves make in their book, of which the real history of WW2 would probably be part of.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg54793.html#msg54793

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.