[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2010, 06:23:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

So VERY boring and so VERY redundant. Let me know when your comic book comes out so I can critique it, it should be much more amusing than your self aggrandizing dribble that is falling of deaf ears here. Nobody came in late on your self-entertainment but if anybody ever does they will be very proud of you to see that you are also learning the numbering system, very impressive indeed! Oh, and the copying and pasting of the redundancies is also very impressive, you are really stretching your mental capacity to entertain yourself. Let me know when your comic book is published Hobbyist, I am looking forward to seeing the biggest accomplishment of your entire worthless life. BTW, "madder" must be yet another comic book term that I am not familiar with. I hope you use a lot of these big words in your best selling publications. Thanks for the entertainment, looking to seeing the version with pictures in it.  Oh, and look up the definition of troll before you use it in your comic book. The words that define the nature of your character are not appropriate here, just as name calling is not.  Have a nice life and let me know when your publisher approves your comic book script, although I seriously doubt if you are even capable of publishing anything other that what you are here, for your own entertainment.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114887.html#msg114887

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2010, 06:50:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just a rational observation here...but, Gold Warriors is a fictional novel. Although it apparently has a glowing review by Chalmers Johnson at the London Review of Books...the fact remains the book has no peer-reviews and is not published in any scientific/historical journals. It (the book) is simply the authors opinions of alleged conspiracy theories. The second printing offers a CD that contains "proof" supporting the novel. However, there are accusations of photoshopping the pictures on the CD and other accusations of misrepresentation. Clearly, the CD is a form of damage control that did not work.

That said...the novel has great entertainment values, but not to be taken as historically correct

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg114888.html#msg114888

Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2010, 04:38:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Correctly said, RO.
And it is precisely for those reasons the troll could only grind its teeth in frustration; unable to offer any form of relevant rebuttal. Much like Seagraves' writings, said troll's postings in this thread are devoid of substance and only serve to entertain us . Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg115191.html#msg115191

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2010, 03:05:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
Correctly said, RO.
And it is precisely for those reasons the troll could only grind its teeth in frustration; unable to offer any form of relevant rebuttal. Much like Seagraves' writings, said troll's postings in this thread are devoid of substance and only serve to entertain us . Smiley

So, in plain English, unless someone agrees with you, you harangue them for their opposing opinions.

That IS all he is offering, you know. An opinion. Several of them. Just like you. Either of you could be wrong. Either of you could be right. But you don't seem able to allow for that. How sad for you, mate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg115259.html#msg115259

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2010, 04:53:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you GD! I commented about somebody attacking a friend of mine and I in turn got a series of personal attacks and name calling by Hobbyist. I have to admit that he goaded me into stooping to his low level and I apologize for that. I decided that I would not return to this forum if this the nature of it, but your note above has shown me that there are reasonable rational people here that respect others opinions.
RO I respect your opinion but saying that Gold Warriors is only a fictional novel and alleging that the authors photoshopped images provided on CD-ROM's as damage control is completely incorrect. I have known Sterling for many years, and as I recall he provided two (2) CD-ROM's of evidence with the first printing of Gold Warriors, and a third (3rd) CD-ROM with the second printing. This does not qualify as damage control. Sterling was well aware that his work would be challenged by many people that did not want this history to be exposed, so he provided the evidence up front. Regardless, if the book is not 100% accurate with respect to dates, etc. that caused this thread to be started, I don't think that his work deserves to be called complete fiction, much less have allegations of photoshopping source evidence attached to it. And yes, you are correct that Chalmers Johnson, and many other experts in the field, have  given glowing reviews to Sterlings' work.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg115263.html#msg115263

Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2010, 05:46:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
So, in plain English, unless someone agrees with you, you harangue them for their opposing opinions.

That IS all he is offering, you know. An opinion. Several of them. Just like you. Either of you could be wrong. Either of you could be right. But you don't seem able to allow for that. How sad for you, mate.

And why not? That same method seems to be your usual modus operandi, mate. LMAO
May I remind you of the watermarking issue and the Sand Shark threads?
Now tell me the reason for your hypocrisy.

As for the troll, had he offered something of substance from his first post in this thread instead of being so petty as to pick on a typo and be a pompous drama queen, I may have responded differently. He made his bed, he lies in it. Smiley

BTW the emoticons are still not accessible from the quick reply box.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg115354.html#msg115354

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:56:09 pm by Hobbyist »

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2010, 07:05:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have plenty of substance to add, but why bother? The reason for the difference of opinions is quite simple. I was privy to the source documents in question, and you were not, and you will never be, so you are not qualified to question them Hobbyist.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg115362.html#msg115362

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2010, 07:10:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gentlemen

Is this really going anywhere?

Serious this petty bickering in regards to all parties concerned trading insults is unprofessional and down right immature.

I have not got the time to read the crap being slung at one another by grown men acting like 6 year olds.

Please all of you take a deep breath relax, remember life is all too short for this crap.

The subject in question is about the Gold Warriors possible inaccuracy?

The book as you all know is a very in depth story that is very complex. Some of you believe that it is a complete book of fiction? Others believe it tells the whole story?

Me personally I believe that the book contains a complex mis mash of truths, half truth and down right fiction taken out of context and woven into a story to suit the authors agenda.

Regardless of your beliefs about the book, this could be an interesting topic other than a children's sqabble over who said what.

In all fairness to Seagraves is that he put the documents out there for public scrutiny. There are Many pages of documents available. Some I believe to be fake, others, Some I just cannot verify. And others I found are a little disturbing.

So here the chance to do some real research and contribute as real treasure hunters without the name calling and petty bickering.

Are any of you up for it?

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg115363.html#msg115363

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2010, 07:20:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I couldn't agree more Hardluck. As I said, I have to admit that Hobbyist goaded me into stooping to his low level and I apologized for that. I'm curious to know what documents you think are fake, and what ones you found to be a little disturbing.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg115365.html#msg115365

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2010, 07:33:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This has turned into a my is bigger then yours war. How about we just lock it as no useful info have been add in the last 40 or so post.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8649.msg115370.html#msg115370

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:35:19 pm by seldom »

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.