[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline jewelfortuneTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: May 12, 2011, 04:39:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Did u know that the Marcoses were the most successful and able to find 60,000 tons of gold buried by the Japanese army using 1970 detectors plus mediums? No matter how hard and diligent u dig, waste of time and money if u can't deal with the dark side who guards them... I learned that based on our experience.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23667.msg171056.html#msg171056

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:51:01 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 05:47:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by jewelfortune
Did u know that the Marcoses were the most successful and able to find 60,000 tons of gold buried by the Japanese army using 1970 detectors plus mediums? No matter how hard and diligent u dig, waste of time and money if u can't deal with the dark side who guards them... I learned that based on our experience.

This is not true, they got their money by helping them selves to government money, I know this because i was there
at the time during all the court hearings and i remember the arrests were news all over the world

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23667.msg171069.html#msg171069

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:12:26 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline jewelfortuneTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 05:54:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Nope, they're real. Check the site TSEATC.com and see how the true stories had been revealed by his own soldiers.  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23667.msg171073.html#msg171073

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:14:06 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:08:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

The Rover UC is a magnetometer in a cane. And I can think of better uses for USD12,229.00 Shocked I bet the huge margin got Kellyco excited to the extent that the list price was listed as "Retail Price $13729.0000" ...4 zeroes after the decimal point! Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23667.msg171074.html#msg171074

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 06:49:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by jewelfortune
Nope, they're real. Check the site TSEATC.com and see how the true stories had been revealed by his own soldiers.  Wink

Don't tell me what is true I WAS THERE and just because someone on TSEATC posted it there does'nt make it a fact.

Marcos was a gold Trader as far back as 1949 , he was'nt powerful enough back then because he was a nobody, he stole
the peoples money, So go and read the criminal chargees they both faced,
Yama treasure has over 1 million searchers like your self, yet none of them have found one piece of it.
dont involve the marcos's in the yama treasure myth because they were just common thieves.

AU

so read this below statement,

Water cannon and riot police, a suspected military coup and a presidential state of emergency. It is, unfortunately, business as usual today in the Philippines which has staggered through much of the past half-century in a state of barely contained chaos.

Twenty years ago today, millions of weary Filipinos thought they had seen the last of such sights when they jeered the ailing dictator Ferdinand Marcos and his wife Imelda out of Manila's Malacanang Palace and into exile. Television pictures captured protesters waltzing wide-eyed through the palace's immense corridors and uncovering Imelda's stash of 3,000 pairs of shoes in a joyous celebration of the oppressed.

By the time the brilliant ex-lawyer and his beauty-queen wife boarded a US helicopter on 25 February 1986, they had become synonymous with the corruption and cronyism that made the Philippines one of the poorest nations on the planet. To his eternal credit, Marcos ordered his army not to fire on the Manila crowds before he left - but then he expected to be back within days. Instead, he died in Hawaii three years later, leaving Imelda to take up the Marcos mantle.

Today, astonishingly, Imelda is back in Manila and once again a force in Philippine politics. Many believe the beautiful young country girl who caught the eye of the ambitious Marcos and helped him win a million votes in 1965 was the real power behind the throne by the end of their reign, when Ferdinand was desperately ill. Her political survival "makes a mockery of the People's Revolution of 1986", according to one of her biographers.

Now living in a 34th-floor suite in one of Manila's most exclusive apartment blocks, the former first lady of the Philippines seldom gives interviews because she is invariably skewered by incredulous journalists when she brandishes her innocence and new poverty. She was, after all, once one of the 10 richest women in the world.

"I am poor not only in material things but in the truth. But I believe the truth will prevail. The truth is God and if you are on the side of truth and God, who can stand against you?"

Outside, the city's smoggy landscape stretches far into the distance; inside, the walls groan with original artworks: a Picasso here, a Gauguin there. A Michelangelo bust peers over a collection of photographs on the piano showing Imelda in her prime with the great and the good: disgraced US president Richard Nixon plays the piano, Chairman Mao kisses her hand; Japan's Emperor Hirohito stands stiff and helpless beside her retina-burning allure.

Oil paintings even hang in the toilet. "I love beauty and I am allergic to ugliness," she sniffs, as a half-dozen servants in white coats scurry around ministering to her needs. "Beauty is God made real." Her lawyer Robert Sison explains: "You have to realise that when Mrs Marcos talks about being poor, she does not mean poor like you or I. She is being relative, compared to the life she used to lead before."

The woman once dubbed the steel butterfly, the beautiful half of the sticky-fingered conjugal dictatorship that ruled the Philippines for two decades of chaos and plunder, is now a doughty 76. Although the famous jet-black bouffant is still stubbornly in place, the beauty that charmed everyone from Henry Kissinger to Pope John Paul II has faded, replaced by a sort of flinty, hard-worked glamour; the once sultry topaz eyes now rheumy and guarded.

Imelda though remains enraged at her subsequent treatment. "We found ourselves in Hawaii, penniless, homeless and name-less," she says, slapping the table for emphasis. US Customs records showed the family arrived with nearly $9m in cash, jewellery and bonds. When Ferdinand died in 1989, Imelda found herself alone fighting in what she calls the "trial of the century" in New York on graft charges. After enjoying the backing of five US presidents and the close friendship of Ronald and Nancy Reagan (with whom she shared an interest in astrology), the shock of America turning on her was profound.

"They did this to me when I was alone, widowed and orphaned," she says, on the verge of tears. "Even the Bible says there are special places reserved in hell for those who persecute widows and orphans. And it was not individuals who did me in, it was governments and superpowers."

Though acquitted, few expected her to survive the humiliation of being ditched by the White House, lampooned in the media and chased across the world by prosecutors who accused the pair of plundering the Philippines of $10bn or more. But showing the irrepressible energy and brazenness that made her a legendary force in Philippine politics, Imelda bounced back, returning to Manila in 1992 and winning a senatorial seat in 1995 after a failed bid for the presidency.

She is once again the matriarch of a minor political dynasty. Her son and daughter both hold political office, her nephew sits in the congressional seat she vacated and her brother is mayor of Tacloban City. She has been acquitted several times on domestic charges of corruption and extortion and, of the 901 separate cases she claims were filed against her family, she is now down to the last three. Considering her regime was recently ranked as the second most corrupt (after Suharto's Indonesia) of the late 20th century, it is not a bad end to a life. "I am still standing up at 76, fighting superpowers."

Still, there remains the question of the origins of that mind-boggling wealth in a country where eight out of 10 people live in grinding, $2-a-day poverty. Tales of Imelda's bacchanalian extravagance could fill a telephone book: her $5m shopping sprees in New York, Rome and Copenhagen, or the time she dispatched a plane to pick up Australian white sand for the opening of a new beach resort, or her reputation as the world's largest collector of gems. And then the final Marie Antoinette moment, when joyous Filipinos raided her palace closets after she fled, to find bullet-proof bras, gallons of perfume - and 3,000 pairs of shoes.

Imelda dismisses criticisms of her extravagance, saying it was her "duty" to be a star for the poor. "You have to be some kind of light, a star to give them guidelines," she once said. She is adamant that there was nothing ill-gotten about her wealth. "My husband was rich before I met him," she protests, dismissing claims that she raided the treasury, squeezed businesses and pilfered World Bank loans to finance their lifestyle.

"He was a gold trader. He had a mountain of gold when he entered politics in 1949." By the late 1950s, Marcos had a personal fortune of 7,500 tons of gold, she claims. ("This is the first time I'm telling anyone this.") In the 1970s, after gold went up to $800, the Marcos family, she says, was worth a staggering $35bn when Bill Gates was still a dropout software developer.

Why did the man who professed to love his countrymen "like a father loves his children" not give this wealth to the people he ruled? "You can't just give money, you know," explains his wife. "Henry Ford II told me it is hard to make money properly, but harder still to spend money properly. First, he had to make institutions and introduce freedom, justice and democracy."

Marcos's contribution to freedom, justice and democracy was to declare martial law, lock up his opponents and close the few newspapers not already run by his cronies. "The Communists were in the streets and in the gateway of the palace," cries Imelda. But analysts say martial law made radicals out of thousands of ordinary Filipinos. Washington looked the other way, content that Marcos protected US bases and businesses; in 1981, then US vice-president George Bush Snr toasted Marcos at a reception, saying: "We love you, sir, we love your adherence to democratic principles."

Where did it all go wrong? Certainly, greed did not help. In the 1980s, the president decided to take over the country's mines, a decision taken, claims his wife, for the sake of "the people". "He said to me, all of these mines I am not entrusting to anyone except a foundation that will ensure it belongs to the Filipino people to serve as a guarantee for all development programmes unto infinity," says Imelda, displaying the curious blurring of the public and private that was a hallmark of the Marcos regime.

And what you quoted on that other forums is not the fact and is not the LAW

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23667.msg171083.html#msg171083

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:41:13 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 07:21:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just think of all the gold spent on Imelda's shoes!!! Funny

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23667.msg171217.html#msg171217

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 07:26:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I bet the shoe store owner has a nice house

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23667.msg171218.html#msg171218

Offline dave44
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-trac, XLT
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 07:53:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yea.. you know this happened when I was just out of college and a complete goof with my head in the sand!, What i thought I remembered was that they were criminals,, And judging by the sacking of government loot, and the article by Ridge, it still looks that way to me.  Grin
    Let them eat cake, huh? Or shoes, as it were.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23667.msg171229.html#msg171229

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 08:28:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This topic deserves a thread of its own.

Imelda gave much business to the shoemakers of Marikina.

In the mid-80's gold from the Philippine treasury was offered for sale @ 7% discount (negotiable) off London 2nd fixing. Commission to the intermediaries was 1/4 of 1%, payment was confirmed by key-tested telex after fire assay.

I'll post a bit more once my DSL is more stable...keep getting d/c'd every few minutes.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23667.msg171244.html#msg171244

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:46:03 am by Ridge Runner »

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 08:16:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

My DSL seems to be stable now, so here's a little bit more to chip in.

It seems that I am fated to bump into US air servicemen; most times in real life, sometimes online. Before 9/11 happened, military C-130s were overhauled and refurbished in Malaysia due to lower costs, and there are many retired airmen who do the visa run between the Philippines and my country. Anyways, the following is the gist of what one chap told me. He had no reason to lie, no motive for braggadacio and seemed sincere. From his words and tone, I sensed that he was also disgusted in the happenings he related to me.

He claimed to have been the co-pilot of the plane which flew the Marcoses to Hawaii during the People Power revolution. The seats and overhead compartments in the economy section were laden with bags of US currency, and the aisle was awash in 2 feet depth of USD bills, hastily thrown on board. Staffers tidied up the mess and bundled the notes after they took off.

If what was related to me is true, the Marcoses probably landed in Hawaii with way more than USD9 millions.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23667.msg171355.html#msg171355

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: