[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline northern boyTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: October 10, 2009, 07:23:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi there.  I really need some advice.  You've all probably heard of the so called "yamashita treasure" in the Philippines.  Anyway, here's my story, There used to be a really old mango tree in my backyard.  I had it cut down some years back because the bark of the tree is deteriorating from the inside.  Folks from my neighborhood talk about treasure hidden under or near the tree.  They say that there was a Japanese bunker located my neighborhood during WW2.  Many people with metal detectors have come to try to find the gold but my late father did not permit them anywhere near the tree nor our house.  But these people claim that their detectors are pointing to the tree....

Before I had the tree cut down, my dog would consistently go into the hole of the tree bark, sniff the soil from inside the bark and would try to dig something out.  Anyway, like I said I had the tree cut down and what remains of the tree is just the soil where the tree used to be standing.  I noticed that after years of rain, the soil where the tree used to be is inconsistent with the soil around the property.  Everywhere else, the earth is sticky but solid.... but the earth in that spot is somewhat loose.... very loose.  I in fact tried to stick long 1/4inch bars into that spot and they would go straight down very easily... I mean i didn't need to hammer the bar into the soil.

I am just an amateur and with very little knowledge about treasure hunting.  I've heard about booby traps and poison gas and stuff like that.  I'm not sure if there is anything of that nature underneath the tree.  I just have that strong feeling that there might be something of great value there.  I have no metal detectors and know no one here I could trust about this matter.   please advice me on what steps to take to dig out what ever is underneath that spot.

thank you and happy hunting!!!!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8538.msg53383.html#msg53383

Offline delldude
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

mark2, cibola prizm6T, f2,bountyhunter,gmt,old S64,& others
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 07:44:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello

well been to davao city used to hit gold mountain back then but that was a long time ago before all the troubles with the people in the bush so to speak.. best to see IF you can RENT a detect from one of the local beach tourist spots  good luck on your venture

delldude.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8538.msg53385.html#msg53385

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

rrring4society.jpg

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 06:09:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm just a rational observer....but, if you think there is a "treasure" or something else of value to be found...you should have a shovel in your hands and not a computer keyboard.  Undecided

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8538.msg53424.html#msg53424

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 12:44:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

thankyou delldude

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8538.msg53520.html#msg53520

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 12:55:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Your advice makes sense delldude.  Unfortunately, There is not a beach anywhere near my neighborhood.  It will probably take me like 4 hours to get to the nearest one by car.... and if by chance I do find a "4 rent" detector, it might not be that easy to smuggle it out of the resort.... but thank you... really.  I think I might be able to think something out from your tip.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8538.msg53521.html#msg53521

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 01:12:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you rational observer.... that makes sense, but actually, I am a rational person myself, and I have already thought about the consequences of digging out what ever is in there in the open.  You see my fence is just around 4 1/2 feet high, it will mean a lot of trouble if anyone sees me try to dig in that spot.  Building a higher fence would be a smart thing to do that is IF I had the money to make it higher.... 

I have to be sure what I think is there, is there.  Plus I have to be sure exactly where "there" is.  Only until then can I really invest some time or money( or at least only how much I could afford) on this.  It has to be worth it.  A gold bar weighing like 50kilos is like worth around $1,500,000.00 here.  If there is more than one bar...well... all the better.  But if I invest in this and find nothing of that value.... you know what I mean. Anyway the risk in the digging can be removed if and only if I can be really positive.

thank you and more power

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8538.msg53522.html#msg53522

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 01:16:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

To roberto... I could not PM you.... it says that your inbox is full,  you may want to delete a few messages......  I am in Central Luzon

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8538.msg53524.html#msg53524

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 02:43:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by northern boy

You see my fence is just around 4 1/2 feet high, it will mean a lot of trouble if anyone sees me try to dig in that spot.  Building a higher fence would be a smart thing to do that is IF I had the money to make it higher.... 

Yes. I have read this excuse for not trying to recover the alleged "treasure" numerous times on the internet. You need money to build a taller fence. How lame and unoriginal    No no!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8538.msg53530.html#msg53530

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 06:09:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

tank you  rational observer....
.... yes. I do need money ..... just like everyone else..... but i never mentioned anything about looking for monetary support from anyone.

..... as of now what I really need is a way to be sure that my theory is right. Once I get to prove that there is treasure there, getting the money for building a higher fence won't be a problem .... and I won't need the internet to get the money .....  I posted my concern in the internet so that I could get tips from knowledgeable and experienced treasure hunters out there and not to ask for financial assistance from anyone.

.... please do not be sarcastic because it is not being helpful.  I'm sorry if you think the post I made seems illogical to you.  I did not post this to annoy anyone.  If you think I'm being stupid..... well that's up to you

.... in my opinion,  the most rational thing to do for a rational observer like you probably would be just to ignore my post.  ....because I'm sure that you wouldn't want to make  a total waste of your valuable time posting unhelpful sarcastic comments.. I hope you could forgive my arrogance and understand the point I am trying to stress.
 thank you very much

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8538.msg53617.html#msg53617

Offline bisaya
Copper Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Philippines

295.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 07:39:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Angel

i my self also an amateur, problema din ako sa pag tukoy anung meaning sa mga sign nasa amin. base sa mga nabasa ko sa forum, usaually if they suspected that there something hidden treasure in particular site they look for a sign like STONE marking etc.. and you can download this 45 pages sign at THEAC site.  Detecting at sa tingin ko kasi may mango tree thin kami na pinutol pagka putol ng manga sadyang malambot talaga ang soil parang fertelize soil heeheheheee  Detecting. pariho din tayu walang meatal detector. kung gusto mo hukayun mo tapos kung may mag tanong sabihin mo septic tunk or tapunan ng basura.

hopes it help. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8538.msg53633.html#msg53633

« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 07:44:46 pm by bisaya »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: