[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2006, 03:29:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dandequille
Don't you think you are making a pretty big jump being critical of someone you have never met nor ever will meet and then equating your inappropriate thinking to a war?

My comments were strictly based on the "philosophy" you stated, and had nothing to do with the person behind it.

To paraphrase what you said, "One should not criticize something unless they can make it better." That is what you said, is it not?

So, I gave a couple of examples that show why that "philosphy" is assinine.

Quote:Posted by {author}
I think you better stick to tearing machines apart and writing why you don't think they will work even when you haven't explained how one should operate.

Your philospohy in action. I should not criticize an obvious scam unless I can replace it with something legitimate. That's why I mentioned the email scams... you are saying that I have no basis for criticizing them unless I can propose legitimate financial schemes that do not rip people off. That's why I mentioned politics... you are saying that I have no basis for criticizing politicians unless I can propose more effective foreign policy.

I'm in no big hurry to take your prize money.  I must admit I have been thinking about what charities I could donate the money to and have a few ideas.

I think those alibis have already been used. "Yeah, Carl, just wait.... one of these days I'm gonna take your money! One of these days.... one of these days... you just wait... wait..."

Is your test a one time offer or could I win it several times for the same amount of cash each time?

One-time.

I would still like to take your test in Marshalltown.  There is a big park there and you could have a big area to hide your gold bar or whatever it is.  I'm sure The Watcher would be observing  every tiny detail to make sure I didn't cheat like some people are prone to do.  Not to worry, I have every confidence that honesty is the best policy and I would never resort to taking something I didn't earn fairly.

You pay my air fare, I'll meet you there.

- Carl

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg4983.html#msg4983

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2006, 05:13:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Carl,
     Certainly my author friend tried to make things better and often did. This is in regards to authoring ideas.  And as I remember I was addressing Dell when you butinskied  into it
     It doesn't bother me one bit if you see yourself as this great intellectual savior of the unsuspecting innocents.  But, please don't twist my words around around to justify your grand feelings about yourself and give examples of "Your philosophy in Action."  You have no idea how I think about things and certainly you couldn't figure this out from a sentence meant for Dell.  I wonder why you are so sensitive about this.  Are you feeling guilty about something? 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg4986.html#msg4986

Offline Dell_WindersTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 08:59:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hung
Dell,

In this Treasure Hunting world of competition with no ethics, money eager people, etc., you are really an honored man and one of those who stand above the crowd.
Don't let negative critics affect you when you know you are an honest man.

Thank you for your kindness. You are always a gentleman. My respect for you is mutual.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5004.html#msg5004

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2006, 09:21:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You have no idea how I think about things...

You've made it quite clear over the years. If you were to see the latest LRL I've acquired -- the one with the $7.99 AM radio slapped in a dowsing rod, and sold to an elderly couple for $1395.00 -- I suspect you would wholeheartedly support the man who made and sold this abomination, and would appreciate his "contributions" to treasure hunting. You have been pretty consistent on this in the past.

Like you said, don't be critical of something unless you can make it better. I guess we should all just look the other way, and pretend we don't know what's going on. Must be some new ethical code I missed out on.

- Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5006.html#msg5006

Offline Dell_WindersTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2006, 11:25:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I hope you don't mind my  butting in and mentioning Mineoro, again.? 

Unfortunately, most all of us in our ignorance, have niavely purchased products at  rip-off prices that doesn't live up to our  own expectations. It's  such a common daily occurence in our society today that no single person without power & influence (Money) is going to make any difference whatsoever in changing it. I can certainly see Carl's frustration of engaging in an excercise in futility, while seeking recognition  from his peers. A noble effort, but unfortunately for Carl, it's turned into a mis-guided ambition.

I know I have purchased products at rip-off prices many, many times,  still do, and will probaly continue to do so. If for nothing else but a curiosity to learn for my self if it really works the way it is advertised. I'm not trying to justify  rip-off prices,  It just happens to be  a fact of life in a large society.

Regardless of what is inside the product, the question is, did the customer go into the transaction with eyes wide open. Did the seller decieve them with unrealistic promises of  wealth when they use the product? Is there a warranty? Does the manufacturer stand behind the warranty?  Is he reputable? Does he offer support?

But again, regardless of  the componnents, or the cost of the componnents, (Who Cares?) the most important factor is, DOES IT WORK?  Carl, does the "Raven" work? What, and how was your field testing conducted. What were the operating conditions?

If it doesn't work, did the customer ask for a refund? Were they refused? Does the customer  have any recourse?

These are all factors that determine if the purchaser was deceived into making the purchase.

Mineoro, is made in Brazil. Ed Merill, a Mineoro customer, in my opinion, took an extreme risk of a lot of money buying an unknown product from another country with no  possible recourse. He waited over a month for it to arrive because he wanted it upgraded to the top of the line.  Sometimes his E-mails weren't answered which added to his apprehension. 

He eventually received the  Mineoro, and it did work, but it did not live up to the unrealistic expectations he had in mind, or work exactly as advertised. He had a warranty, but that is only as good as the integrity of the manufacturer to honor it.

Ed, had a seriousl heart problem and was rushed  to the hospital to have expensive quadruple by pass surgery. He survived, but faces a long recuperation and monumental hospital bills. He tried to sell his Mineoro, for less than half the price he  had paid for it a few months earlier.  Circumstances were against him. Mineoro was coming out with their latest  model so there was little interest in the previous model, and Carl, was publicly saying Mineoro didn't work with strong inferences the Mineoro, was a scam. This hurt Ed's chances of recuping any of his money.

But Mineoro,  did honor their warranty, demonstrated their integrity,  and shipped Ed the latest, top of the line model which I witnessed it working in a field trial and reported  last week.

Regretably, Ed won't have any need for his  Mineoro, for at a year, or more  while he is recuperating, and he still needs the money.  But at least, thanks to Hung, and Mineoro, he has a better chance of getting the money he needs from the newest  model, than the previous model which Carl, and friends have disected and  scam bashed to death on Geotech forums.

Although believing you have been ripped-off, or scammed is never a pleasant feeling, I am an adult and accept responsiblity for my participation in being ripped off, and use it as a learning experience. It appears that when skeptics, think someone is  ripped off, they become bitter and take revenge  out on the  entire industry.

In my view, I  felt I was getting ripped off when I was paying an EE $40 an hour to build my products.  Thanks to someone on Geotech, I was informed that a good EE get's paid much higher than that, so according to EE pay scale, it looks like me, and my customers were getting a bargain and didn't know it.  For some reason, Carl, conveniently forgets to add the costs of labor, overhead, and dealer percentage in his reports about LRL products.  Why is that?   Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5012.html#msg5012

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 03:24:58 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2006, 01:00:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Carl, please stop trying to spin my words to justify your own behavior.  I made one little comment to give Dell some support and you have twisted that to try to make me sound like I approve of being mean to little old ladies.  My comment was meant for Dell and you jumped in when it was none of your business.  You are even quoting me on things I didn't write.  I don't appreciate your attempts to belittle my writing and for what reason I have no idea.  You even know what I am thinking and my moral underpinnings.  Man, you are really great!
      When you cheated at our friendly LRL gathering in the desert for a lousy silver dollar I should have suspected something was amiss. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5016.html#msg5016

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2006, 08:45:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Carl, please stop trying to spin my words to justify your own behavior.

There is no need for me to spin your words, when you readily admit to supporting people who make and sell nonsense:

"I for one always appreciate your contributions, Dell, and hope you continue."
"I made one little comment to give Dell some support..."

You are even quoting me on things I didn't write.

"She said she never was critical of something unless she could make it better even if she didn't like the original work.  I try to live by this idea..."

You didn't write this?

When you cheated at our friendly LRL gathering in the desert for a lousy silver dollar I should have suspected something was amiss.

There was no cheating. I dowsed the target, fair and square. You just didn't like my dowsing technique, even though it's one of the exact same techniques most dowsers use, but deny using it.

I believe you once mentioned you are an ordained minister... so what religion advocates looking the other way, pretending you don't know what's going on, and supporting people who cheat other folks?

- Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5045.html#msg5045

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2006, 09:26:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ok, I get it now.  You are mad because of me encouraging Dell to keep up writing.  That's your problem not mine, Carl.
     No, I am not an ordained minister and have never said that. I wish I was though.
     Yes, you did cheat at the desert and in a friendly gathering of LRL participants.   It's no wonder few want to take you up on your grand test to find your gold bar or whatever it is.  If you would be sneaky in a friendly group over a silver dollar I think you would have a hard time parting with twenty-five thousand no matter what.
     And you are right about one thing,  I shouldn't have stayed quiet these years about your action on the desert.       

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5057.html#msg5057

Offline michael
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

67.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

PI MD, MFD, Rover C
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2006, 09:28:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Is it possible to write for me details? I'm uninformed about that. what had happened? what was that gathering?
it will be appreciated.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5058.html#msg5058

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 09:30:23 am by michael »

I Love people all around the world

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2006, 11:34:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by michael
Is it possible to write for me details? I'm uninformed about that. what had happened? what was that gathering?

Some years ago, "Dan Dequille" (not his real name) and others announced a meeting of LRL users in Arizona. Dan's son dared me to show up, so I showed up. We did a little bit of testing on a variety of LRLs, which pretty much demonstrated that none of them worked.

I had been an observer during all of this, and towards the end, Dan and others pleaded with me to give it a try. So I took a pair of dowsing rods from my own homemade MFD, went into the test area, and pretty quickly found the bag of silver coins that had been placed. Since this was one of the very few successes for the whole day, Dan then handed me a silver dollar as a reward for my success (there was no mention of a prize beforehand).

I later returned the silver dollar to Dan, and told him I did not really dowse the location, nor did the MFD play any role. But, based on my experiences with dowsers over the years, it turns out that I truly did dowse the location of the bag of silver, using one of the dominant techniques that dowsers use, even though they don't realize using it, and deny using it when they are told they are. There was certainly never any cheating involved, as Dan would like to believe.

Yes, you did cheat at the desert and in a friendly gathering of LRL participants.

OK... please specify how I cheated.

- Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5081.html#msg5081

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: