[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Dell_WindersTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2006, 11:23:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Goldfinger
Perhaps in the future- the technology will catch up with the industry but for the time being I am very skeptical of all these LRL's and MFD's.

Steve

Me too! Competetive  advertising can be very mis-leading.That's why I try to share what I have learned about these products, and their limitations so folks don't buy them having  un-realistic expectations.

If I said LRL & RSD didn't work at all,  that would  certainly appease the critics that attack my honesty, but I would then be lieing and placing myself in the same category. I will always tell the truth about my own experiences. That is what I am offering to share on this forum, my own personal  field experiences with Black Box technologies, "when" there is an interest. 

Many thanks for your honest replies.Dell

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5325.html#msg5325

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2006, 11:45:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

You're welcome.

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5328.html#msg5328

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2006, 09:28:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ijust received a thank you,  e-mail of from Ed Meril, saying he sold his FG-80, to someone from out of state. I guess that cancels any opportunity I might have had for using and testing the product.

I'm sorry I was unable to have more field experience to learn, and share more information about it.  I would have liked to have taken it to Alabama, with me to test on the site there, but no such luck.   Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5554.html#msg5554

« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 09:32:16 pm by Dell_Winders »

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2006, 10:15:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

sorry to hear that hh

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg5557.html#msg5557

Offline michael
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

67.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

PI MD, MFD, Rover C
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2006, 09:26:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi everybody. We tested our FG80 for 2 days. everything was ideal(sunny days, humidity 30-35%, temp: 15 C?)
it's not as simple as they claim. most of the times had random beeps that frustrated us.
working with that is hard and may needs too much practice. we could detect the gold plate only under sun and with maximum sensitivity from 40-50 Cm not more. and surprisingly never beeped for my heavy wedding gold ring. it seems these devices react to reflected energy of metal plate not the metal itself.
first day passed for some experiments and knowing little about its' behavior, then tried to do some serious searching in fields, and got some signals from distance, of course tracking a line is not simple, and most of times after 2-3 beep lose the signal, and have to increase the SENS to track it again. the worse thing is mostly when we reached to the point device started to continuous beep in every directions and this made us much confused.
by changing the SENS could focus it in a smaller area.
at these 2 days we got 7 signal lines and as 3 of them repeated at 2nd day, it's clear it detects something, but what's the exact, still we don't know.
another problem is using the center & Deep, sometimes it responds (hardly) for detected point and mostly without second point, then can't know what's the real depth and the worse, what's the target dimensions!!!.
if weather be good, we will do some diggings (of course with our MD accompany) by the time we understand the real behavior & language of FG80, should use MD among with it. anyway it needs much time to become expert by it and we are mystified specially with this very deficient manual.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg6290.html#msg6290

I Love people all around the world

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2006, 10:42:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

This is as  I wrote earlier;
Quote:Posted by {author}
By already having a proven method of locating targets is how I was able to compare, and show the Mineoro purchaser, how to adjust the tuning for it to operate properly and experience first hand the Mineoro working, as well as to recognize it's limitations.

In my opinion a novice would have diffiy tuning the previous Mineoro's, to the varible conditions merely by following the limited instructions in the manual.

When a constantly fluxuating magnetic Strength of Field (SOF) is present it causes the Mineoro, to work intermittingly.  Unfortunately, It's not often that you will encounter a consistent SOF anymore, so this is a problem.

Like you,  I also found that having to constantly increase or decrease the power manually to compensate for an  ever changing SOF, can be  frustrating and sometimes an exercise in futility. Yet I cannot deny that the Mineoro, does indeed work in ideal  operating conditions.

I see this as a problem that can be solved, but the engineers would have to revise their thinking and make some additions and modifications of their circuit. That requires time and money.

Personally, I think the emphasis on humidity as the major problem is inaccurate. In my experience humidity is a minor problem which only becomes prevelant with fog, or Dew on the ground.

I'm sorry I didn't have more opportunity  to field test and compare the Mineoro, but so far, I'm still able to obtain better information about a potential Treasure site by using a pair of Dowsing Rods to meter the electronic signals, and it costs less.

I look forward to hearing more of your results with Mineoro.  Thank you for sharing.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg6300.html#msg6300

« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 10:55:40 am by Dell_Winders »

Offline michael
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

67.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

PI MD, MFD, Rover C
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2006, 01:21:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

for our 2nd trip and 3 days working by FG80, we had some repeatable
and constant signals for in different conditions; one day humidity
40% temp: 10 C? another day humidity 85% temp 7-8 C?. we could get and easily pinpoint signals on the ground; one was from 10-15 meters another from 50-70 meters.
surprisingly C&D was working like as determining by only FG80.
one place was at 1 meter depth another place ( which itself was 3 points!!!)
at 4.5 meters. after measuring point and depth from every direction,
we decided to work on less depth(1 meter) and be sure what is it really doing.
our PI MD gave no signal. we dug there to 150 Cm depth with 1 meter diameter, only found a very very ancient grave with some bones and smashed ceramic, nothing more!!!.
we searched all the hole by our MD, no metal, no metal,....
now we are in high hesitation to dig only based on FG80 results. maybe we need
some special leadings, maybe it has problem in pinponting,... anyway we are going to loose our temper for this device as it behaves crazy many times ( continuous and meaningless beepings).
sometimes we have signal in 1-3 times horizontal movement then disappears whereas have it only in vertically movement!!!,.......

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg6897.html#msg6897

I Love people all around the world

Offline Tim_Williams
As seen on the History Channel "Decoded"
Bronze Member

Arc-Geo Logger!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

958.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2006, 07:44:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

michael, do you get beeps in three different points as you scan from left to right? Do you notice that as you get closer or at a point as you move towards the 3 beep area, the 3 beeps stop and then you get the vertical beeps?

In other words you get three sets beeps as you scan across. But at some pointas you move towards the target area the at responce stops and you only get beeps up and down.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg6913.html#msg6913

Regards, Tim

Bringing metal detectors into the world of imaging!

Please Register or Login

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2006, 09:09:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

It is very nice to see every one getting along here HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg6921.html#msg6921

Offline Tim_Williams
Bronze Member

Arc-Geo Logger!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

958.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2006, 09:28:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Outback, I tend help if possible. There are allot of people that dowse. Most that will never post on a forum. Dowsing is like anything else you want to do fishing, hunting, metal detecting! If the person enjoys himself in any sport or hobby , it should be his decision. Most skeptics, "not all" have placed a label on dowsing and those that spend time doing it. There has been and will be items found with dowsing. My research is to the why or how dowsing works. Like others I have theories as to why. I have located silver and gold targets. But they are small coins and rings not large treasures. Of course one has to have the time and money to hunt.

If I see a post that follows the pattern of my research I will post and help if possible. There is a reason for everyting in this world.

Take care HH.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,319.msg6929.html#msg6929

Regards, Tim

Bringing metal detectors into the world of imaging!

Please Register or Login

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: