[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hmilam
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 04:24:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Heather my name is henry milam x navy and iv read all the lost mines lost treasure and would love to host a show. You can reach me at henry.milam@yahoo.com
Here Are some pics

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201377.html#msg201377

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

292035_2347300375004_1624912501_2305466_156919747_n.jpg
30288_1373600393113_1624912501_894638_7591456_n (1).jpg
62729_1523793107837_1624912501_1261172_1147870_n.jpg
76813_1604964057060_1624912501_1411870_3722069_n.jpg

smileylizardTopic starter

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2011, 04:26:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

@rebelt oh, lighten up, any interest in the hobby is beneficial, don't catch your own trip wires

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201379.html#msg201379

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 04:29:08 pm by smileylizard, Reason: name »
Offline RJ39NY
GW BUTTON HUNTER
Bronze Member

GW BUTTON HUNTER
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

715.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Garret Ace 250/Whites MXT PRO
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2011, 04:30:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello  Heather,
            i am pretty well known for collecting George Washington Inaugural Buttons and American Revolutionary War Artifacts. I live in New Windsor NY which is right outside west point. My hunting grounds is within 5 miles is very historical and one of the only areas not paved over. We have Purple Heart Museum, The Last Containment where washington kept his last 7200. troops 1782-1783. Both General Knox and General Clintons Headquarters. George Washington Headquarters here in Newburgh and of course Fort Montgomery and Clinton where we fought the British hand to hand when they came up the Hudson River. I would love to do a few episodes on how our country's brave Patriots fought and had to survive. I actually run the only web site for George Washington Buttons > georgewashingtoninauguralbuttons.com and am pretty well known in Revolutionary War circles. i do have my credentials i believe listed on the web site, including my college degree of Political Science. I would love to go over a few ideas that would hopefully be educational. I am a big metal detector fan and have been all over the hudson highlands and valley. i own and garrets and whites MXT Pro. I am not sure what you are looking for but would love to start something with any ideas you have. my phone number is 845-561-2375 Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201381.html#msg201381

-RJ Silverstein GW Button Hunter-

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2011, 05:28:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well you guys have lots of differant views and they are all pretty spot on, you just need to decide what
is right for you. either way only you can make that choice, Keep up the good work.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201389.html#msg201389

truckero101Topic starter

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2011, 05:55:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Do I have to shell out my own monies to be able to participate in a series? 
If your series would be based like Bill Burrud's productions from around the 60's, I would be interested in doing a few (4) of them.  I mean actually preparing and going on 4 different treasure expeditions.  I live in Nevada.  I am not a detector owner,  I am not a collector.  I walk and look and study potential lost mines/treasure sites.  I have absolutely no experience in filming.   Ruben

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201397.html#msg201397

Offline haroldnjoni
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Viper
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2011, 06:09:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Pretty awsome seeing a chance to inform the veiwers of television of a persons livelyhood when it comes down to hunting relics and other precious metals. I would be of no help doing a formal interveiw as the way I go about my treasure hunting and prospecting is a whole new book. Although I must say I do enjoy a good hunt but in order for me to do so I have to spend alot of time researching just what I am after. Joni and myself started on an adventure back in late February of this year and by mid May we had what our main search was for already in our possession. Most people would claim this is pure luck but in my mind I do not belive so. Using metal detectors, Gold pans, shovels, mini sledge hammers and even dowsing to our advantage put us smack dab on top of a very rich Gold and Silver vein that has throughout all time been left untouched by humans.
 We do go back to this place as we enjoy the quiet solitude and the peacefull setting this vein is located in. Last Saturday at 6:30 a.m. EST. we dropped in on this Gold vein and noticed that already 4 vehicles had driven smack dab over it. Talk about hallarious!
 Our main goal now is to sell some of this ore as the colors are just to nice to crush the host quartz as Electrum is not only rare but also very pretty going on the eyes as you set and look at it.
 I may have gotton off track from what I had intended to say but with some serious research the average person has an above average chance of finding something worthwhile.
 We will never be able to take anyone to our little spot in the world of Gold vein but we can always share with the world some of the most prettiest stuff you had ever seen no matter the size of the specimen.
 God Bless, joninharold

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201398.html#msg201398

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

goldie after bath 005.jpg
goldie after bath 009.jpg
goldie after bath 013.jpg
goldie after bath 014.jpg

heatherdTopic starter

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2011, 06:19:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Everyone,
I'm not the most savvy when it comes to using forums (sorry), but if you're interested in participating, shoot me an email at: heather.downie@kineticcontent.com.  I'd love to hear from you!  Sorry I didn't include that in my first email. 
Thanks so much for all the responses.  Can't wait to talk to everyone.
Warmest,
Heather

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201400.html#msg201400

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2011, 06:24:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice job Heather, and good luck with you're quest. hope it all pans out for you

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201402.html#msg201402

Offline llanogold
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

310.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

E-Trac 2200V2 Fisher F5,F2,GB2,Garrett AT Gold
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by haroldnjoni
Pretty awsome seeing a chance to inform the veiwers of television of a persons livelyhood when it comes down to hunting relics and other precious metals. I would be of no help doing a formal interveiw as the way I go about my treasure hunting and prospecting is a whole new book. Although I must say I do enjoy a good hunt but in order for me to do so I have to spend alot of time researching just what I am after. Joni and myself started on an adventure back in late February of this year and by mid May we had what our main search was for already in our possession. Most people would claim this is pure luck but in my mind I do not belive so. Using metal detectors, Gold pans, shovels, mini sledge hammers and even dowsing to our advantage put us smack dab on top of a very rich Gold and Silver vein that has throughout all time been left untouched by humans.
 We do go back to this place as we enjoy the quiet solitude and the peacefull setting this vein is located in. Last Saturday at 6:30 a.m. EST. we dropped in on this Gold vein and noticed that already 4 vehicles had driven smack dab over it. Talk about hallarious!
 Our main goal now is to sell some of this ore as the colors are just to nice to crush the host quartz as Electrum is not only rare but also very pretty going on the eyes as you set and look at it.
 I may have gotton off track from what I had intended to say but with some serious research the average person has an above average chance of finding something worthwhile.
 We will never be able to take anyone to our little spot in the world of Gold vein but we can always share with the world some of the most prettiest stuff you had ever seen no matter the size of the specimen.
 God Bless, joninharold

Forget the tv show lets go get some more of those rocks Shocked
Nice find. Congratulation.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201403.html#msg201403

Offline Chipsam
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GPS-4500, GMT goldmaster
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 06:51:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

O.k.  I'll give it a shot.  Just walked in the house back from prospecting.  Found a nice little 4 gram in quartz specimen.
I got the gold bug working in Alaska as a Bush Pilot for the Tweto's (Flying Wild Alaska series).  Back then they were Hageland Aviation and have since purchased Era Aviation.
I have some experience behind the camera as well.  In my early twenty's after my discharge from the USN (was a Naval Test Parachutist) I ended up working as a  skydiving instructor and was introduced to Carolyn Russel (a personality on P.M. Magazine, were talking 80's here!).  We ended up putting a Pilot together for cable on "Travel and Adventure".  The end result was a big "nada", but was a lot of fun.
I currently reside in Southern California and work as a Corporate Pilot (Capt. G-IV, G-Vsp, BBD-700) for Avjet Corporation out of Burbank Airport.  I spend all my spare time treasure hunting.  When I'm "on the road" me detector is with me.  I love to underwater detect when I'm in the Bahama's and am always looking for old cache's when I'm stuck in London on dry land.
I'm in great shape as well.
I have a ton of equipment and yes most of it has payed for itself.  Primarily in gold nuggets of which I have been quite succesful finding.
Best
Samuel R.  Myers "Chip"

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28380.msg201407.html#msg201407

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Jump to: