[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States
Referrals: 0

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2011, 11:28:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ok, Haven....a) did those expeditions reach Oklahoma?  I don't think so, but I could be wrong.  b) not only would the tree be much older than most trees in Oklahoma, but it would ALSO have to be in an area geologically conducive to gold or silver deposit.   So while it is just barely possible that the scenarios you set up could explain the marks, the odds are probably much better of successfully drawing to an inside straight flush 5 times in a row at a poker table.   There are a lot of explanations other than your "King's treasure" that are far more plausible.   I know I'm not likely to convince you since you seem to have your mind pretty much made up already, but for the rest of the people out there --- you should not leave logic and a knowledge of human nature, history, and geology at home in the attic when you go out hunting for treasure.   The fanciful, romantic solution, while occassionally true, is far more often the stuff of hack fiction than reality and focusing on it to the exclusion of the more mundane but more likely answers can get in the way of seeing what really is there.

BA

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159139.html#msg159139

Offline Haven
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

390.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2011, 07:45:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

BA, If he posts a picture of the tree withthe heart is on that would help ! But in my opinion the odds are slim with the spanish cenarios if the tree is too young, but not for the the mexican cenerios! I dont always have my mind made up the possibilitys are infinite and I have an open mind!

Posted on: April 01, 2011, 07:36:50 AM
I know one expedition went north FROM santa fe in 1776 but I dont know its destination or outcome and I dont know about oklahoma but choctaw said there was alot of history of spanish explorers in oklahoma but honestly I dont know (Haven)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159176.html#msg159176

Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2011, 08:29:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ok, Haven, we have some common ground there.   Bottom line:
a) the hearts and the turkey tracks may or may not be related ---- they may not even be from the same time period.  In fact the odds are that they are not.
b) the carvings are most likely the work of one or more bored and/or lovesick persons with some time on their hands and nothing else to do (i.e. camped out in the area or picnicking or something)
c) if not b then they could be legitimate trail markers NOT related to treasure left by persons currently unknown at a time unknown
d) if not b or c, they could be the work of a prankster who has heard or read about treasure signs and just wanted to have some fun
e) if not b, c, or d, they could be legitimate treasure signs left by a currently unknown miser or an outlaw living/operating in the area
f) if not b, c, d, or e, they could be legitimate treasure or trail markers left by a famous outlaw or outlaw gang such as the James, the Youngers, or the Wild Bunch
g) if not b, c, d, e, or f, they could have been left by the Knights of the Golden Circle
h) if not any of the above and if the area either has known gold/silver deposits and if there is other evidence that can be found in the immediate vicinity (say anywhere in the surrounding 3 counties) of Mexican or Spanish occupation (more than just passing through), they could be "Spanish"

b through h are listed in order from most likely to least likely......and as you move from one letter to the next, the odds against increase exponentialy....so b is by far the most likely option.  Once you get to option  f, you getting into the same type of odds as if you were trying to win the jackpot in the lottery.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159184.html#msg159184

Offline Haven
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

390.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2011, 10:20:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well I guess we will just have to agree on one thing ! Unfortunatly that is to disagree. = ( Choctaw any chance theres a picture of that heart on the tree coming soon?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159221.html#msg159221

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2011, 11:00:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Haven
Its very possible they may have been passed down from generation to generation it could be 2nd or 3rd generation spanish from those members of those lost last expeditions who never make it back to Spain! They would have continued doing what they did best mining and taught their children as well! BA you have to admitt its not only possible but plausible human beings will adapt survive then thrive whenever given the smallest of chances. Could have been left by mexicans they adopted alot of the spanish symbols and methods in the absence of the spaniards it could easily be Mexicans that left the symbols!

That s the biggest load of nonsense I have read in awhile. The Spanish spent little or no time in Oklahoma. There was nothing there that interested them.
All this sign talk  is just armchair treasure hunters fantasy without historical research to back it up.
This thread was about KGC signs and like other threads was turned into a thread about Spanish signs by the dreamers.
Get it back on topic are.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159232.html#msg159232

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Spainard
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2011, 08:18:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ummm Seldom , maybee its because the symbol is Spanish !!! I think Haven is also thinking outside the box get it Huh? = ) heres what I think, why dont you show us something to back up your claims seldom how could you possibly say or know that there were no Spanish Explorers in OK Huh?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159411.html#msg159411

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

IMAGE_817.jpg

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2011, 09:09:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OK we have had enough of this nonsense This thread is lock and will lock other sign threads as they come argumentative. 10o's of post a day and all the trouble stems from 2 or 3 users and a dozen post. Its time for it to end.
Lets get back to talking treasure and not nonsense  

Posted on: April 01, 2011, 08:41:13 PM
After talking with several other mod's we have decided its not fair to members to lock the thread so we will just mute the trouble makers so others can discuss signs if they wish.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159444.html#msg159444

Offline Spainard
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2011, 09:57:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Some literature on the subject from the book I have that got its info from these credible sources.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159465.html#msg159465

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

IMAGE_816.jpg
principal archives.jpg

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2011, 10:00:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Its not a credible sources its a mass market book of no value in the treasure world.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159466.html#msg159466

Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2011, 10:11:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

you've shown us a couple of pages out of context.  You haven't even given the title of the book and the author, let alone given us any publication information so that someone can check it out.   I can give you title, author, and publishing dates on several books that are highly questionable but still have impressive bibliographies (trouble is the author either ignores what is in the books in the bibliography or cherry picks a paragraph here and a paragraph there to support his arguement....and that's what you seem to be doing here.  For all I know, your source could be a well researched and scholastically reputable publication but there's no way for me to know that based on the 2 or 3 pictures of the book you've provided....and I've got a lot of reasons to question it based on just that one paragraph from the book you do show).

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22394.msg159472.html#msg159472

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: