[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline belief
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Iran, Islamic Republic of
Referrals: 0

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

miner-4
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2009, 07:34:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi all

Is there anybody to know that how calculate the

Formula of making coil ?

Thanks .

Iman Boroumand.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4215.msg52275.html#msg52275

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2009, 07:40:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by belief
Hi all

Is there anybody to know that how calculate the

Formula of making coil ?

Thanks .

Iman Boroumand.

YES!

If it is a tubular coil you need to measure length and diameter and number of turns (I tell you this one first, so the next one makes sense,) the formula is: radius (R) squared X number of turns (T) squared divided by 9 X radius (R) plus 10 X coil length (L):  [R x R] x [T x T] / [9 x R] + [10 x L]

That formula is for single layer coils, for multiple layers you need the average diameter thus the average radius. Always in inches, for this formula.

The measurements MUST be in inches, for this formula... I have NEVER seen a metric formula.

OK for scramble wound or flat pancake coil: the average diameter has to be found, also. To find the average radius.... for radius = R; turns = T and length = L: add the inside diameter to the outside diameter and divide by 4.... this gives average radius only. So the same formula applies, below:

[R X R] X [T X T] / [9 X R] + [10 X L]

- but you MUST use inches.

If you have a coil with thick insulation, so it is 1/8 inch, thick, per turn, then a coil 12 inches outside, with 24 turns (24 x 0.125 = 3 inches on both sides) is 6 inches inside so the average diameter is 6 + 12 / 4 or 4.5 inches average radius.  Plug that into the formula:

[4.5 x 4.5] x [24 x 24] / 9 x 4.5 and length, in this case = zero because it is flat.... the answer is 288 uHenries.

So, if you want a coil for a pulse inductance detector that needs to be 16 ohms at the frequency of operation, you have to find the needed inductance: for 10 kHz ; 16/ 2pi / frequency in mHz so -

16 / .01 / 6.283 = 254.65 uHy           2pi = 6.283

The coil, above, is uHy x F x 2pi = 18.095 ohms

I hope you can understand this jumbled presentation, but finding coil values is really simple, but you really need a meter to measure small inductances. An LC bridge is really simple. With a 10 kHz bridge, you can measure down to about 150 uHy, with good accuracy, but for capacitors you need a higher frequency than 10 kHz because you can only measure to about 0.01 ufd, accurately. 100kHz would be good to nearly 10pf and maybe 300pf.

A simple LC bridge is and audible device so for higher frequencies, you need some diodes and a sensitive meter. Plus a couple different frequencies to use.

These formulae do NOT apply to square loops.  I would guess, if you take the square loop total dimension (measure around outside and measure around inside, average these and then use pi) and divide by 3.1415 (this is pi,) you would get approximate diameter, as if it were round. Also, for a tube, holding the turns, you can use the tube diameter for the coil length, in the formula..... that is, if it is 0.75 inch inside diameter, use no more than 0.75 inch for the length L. Of course if you only have 10 turns, do not use the full 0.75 inch.

Either guess at it or measure it.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4215.msg52447.html#msg52447

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:51:34 am by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline belief
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Iran, Islamic Republic of

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

miner-4
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2009, 05:31:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi all

How can i build 1*1 coil for sniffer XR-71 ?

Thanks...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4215.msg55818.html#msg55818

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2009, 06:07:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That was some funny answers Great  Yeah, the axe or hatchet was good inventions.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4215.msg55823.html#msg55823

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2009, 06:19:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The old Garrett Deepseeker could find cannon balls down to five feet deep or more---that thing could puch for iron objects-ha! Loke an old cast iron pot or kettle of gold and silver coins-ha!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4215.msg55826.html#msg55826

Offline bajes2008
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Jordan

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2009, 08:14:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dear eugene52
I am delighted this forum interesting.
Will not for years and I am participating in more than a forum, and I worked hard to search for a dive into the depths to one meter or two but to no avail .. got plans for the funds is more than one source, but not everyone .. encouraged by it,  I can not find the schema Alkwylat and so dear .. I'm in a spiral and confusion .. Can you help me in building this device a good scheme, tested, and up to this depth and you have my full appreciation of your help.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4215.msg58824.html#msg58824

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2009, 08:12:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by bajes2008
Dear eugene52
I am delighted this forum interesting.
Will not for years and I am participating in more than a forum, and I worked hard to search for a dive into the depths to one meter or two but to no avail .. got plans for the funds is more than one source, but not everyone .. encouraged by it,  I can not find the schema Alkwylat and so dear .. I'm in a spiral and confusion .. Can you help me in building this device a good scheme, tested, and up to this depth and you have my full appreciation of your help.

Hello bajes2008 .  Welcome to the Forum . We have several "complete" projects in our "Tech-Talk" area , that are ready to build . Please let us know what type of Metal Detector you want to build , is this for land or underwater detecting ? How deep do you need to search ?

Regards........Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4215.msg58905.html#msg58905

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline bajes2008
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Jordan

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2009, 01:12:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dear Eugene52 ... I am very interested in building a device that connects to a depth of at least two meters
Of course I want it to the land  and very accurate.. and provide whith -screen to measure the depth, if possible...im searching of larg cash in the ground not coins...thats why ineed something spesial..for this thing..im confused by snifer 71 and delta or 2box...ineed your advice....pls.
            I have suffered a lot and I'm looking forwerd to see it soon .. have my full appreciation and respect Kiss

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4215.msg59315.html#msg59315

Offline darkkitten2000
Bronze Member

Thank you17

Activity
0%

Slovenia

1005.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Miner4 eeTH
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2009, 01:41:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

EEth will go around 3 feet, modified version. Not dificult to make. Much better than those on Gary's page (Celemac).

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4215.msg59318.html#msg59318

Offline Eugene52
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you398

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2009, 02:06:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by bajes2008
Dear Eugene52 ... I am very interested in building a device that connects to a depth of at least two meters
Of course I want it to the land  and very accurate.. and provide whith -screen to measure the depth, if possible...im searching of larg cash in the ground not coins...thats why ineed something spesial..for this thing..im confused by snifer 71 and delta or 2box...ineed your advice....pls.
            I have suffered a lot and I'm looking forwerd to see it soon .. have my full appreciation and respect Kiss

Hello Bajes2008 . Our 3 different PI projects that we have on our forum are very close in design all have around the same Maximum depth depending on the size of search coil you decide to build . The frequencies of the Delta and the DBP are slightly different but NONE of our projects have a LCD readout YET ,  just a analog panel meter battery check and signal strength . There is no depth read out or Target ID on our PI projects !!
Right now I am working on finishing the 3 projects for Final Zip packages . For the fancy options you will need to build a DSP or PIC and or Atmel controlled PI circuit , we do not have that on this Forum right now . If you are searching for a "large cache target" then 2 meters is amost possible with our projects ..... The LCD Delta Pulse is on a foreign language forum . There are some Russian Pic microcontroller-PI projects also on foreign language forums and last there are some atmel PI cicuits on a German Detektor forum . Other Thunting.com moderators or PI builders here on this forum may have better answers than I do , so stay on our forum keep checking back , and sorry to hear of your suffering due to waiting for answers . Please be patient !! I have been very busy this last week working on this forum , trying to answer questions and make the "TECH TALK" area better .

Regards........Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4215.msg59322.html#msg59322

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:08:01 pm by Eugene52 »

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: