[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 06:49:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Folks, please keep it civil. One may believe in the Yamashita treasure or one may deny it. However no reason to make fun of eachother. Once someone decides to levae the forum, the discussion likey has gone beyond a civil level. Hence please don't get personal.

Thank you,

Christian

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61802.html#msg61802

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline goldfish
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 07:57:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you Christian for the message...Yes, i agree...
to my fellow Filipino treasure hunters, let's not be discouraged by the "propaganda of other people"...They are trying to convince us that the numerous buried treasure in the Philipppines is not real, and they're really trying very hard on this propaganda so that we won't recover treasures...but keep in mind- the buried treasures in the country is very very real...
happy hunting amigos. and let's be civil too...
goldfish Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61813.html#msg61813

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 09:26:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Golfish, by my posting I only wanted to imply that I do not anyone to get personal or the discussion getting on an uncivil level. However I didn't mean to express that I believe in the Yamashita treasure. I can not say that there isn't any treasure but I consider it to be rather unlikely. I see many people searching for it but yet nobody having found anything.

What troubles me are people believing in long range locators, spirits or digging down to 5 meters and more.

I personally think there likely is some treasure to be found in the Philippines. But it will probably be located no depper than 1.5 m nor will it involve stoner markes but only take a good pi metal detector and a shovel.

regard

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61827.html#msg61827

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 10:23:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Where am I not welcome?
That was the appropriate response to your "thank you", as opposed to the normal "you're welcome". I see that ootpik has left the forum. You can put another notch on your mouse and feel prouder now, GoldDigger1950. Keep up the bad work!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61848.html#msg61848

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 03:44:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ootpik

To GD1950.  If this is the attitude that the owner of the site and you exibit towards  others, or does the owner of the website realize the arrogance and differential attitude you have taken towards others that do not share your view. The continuous ridicule you have shown is beyond my comprehension.  Since I find you so offensive I have deleted my account. There is no reason you have to continually interject your pompostiy into a forum where you have nothing constructive to add.. I thought this was an open forum for discussion but your ridicule has shown me it is your private space and anyone with a different view is not welcome.  Most definetely not sincerely.  ootpik

I'm not the only one here to advise people that searching for the Yamashita treasure is dangerous and a fool's errand. I don't believe it exists in the size that people believe it does. I also don't believe that every scratch on a rock or branch laying on the ground is a pointer towards treasure. I'm sorry that he left but let me pose this question to you.

If there is a poisonous snake ready to strike you, should I warn you or let you get bitten?

The Yamashita treasure seekers are walking past that snake every day. They believe in a fairy tale and are willing to risk their lives in dangerous countryside where your own people are hunting you because you believe different than they do. Worse than that, even if the stories were true, there was never enough plunder to make up the quantity of the rumored treasure left behind. There were tons of it found immediately following the war, true. But that there is any significant amount left is nonsense. Buy a lottery ticket. You have a better chance of winning that than finding any of the WWII treasure. Seriously.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61886.html#msg61886

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldfish
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 04:23:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I'm not the only one here to advise people that searching for the Yamashita treasure is dangerous and a fool's errand. I don't believe it exists in the size that people believe it does. I also don't believe that every scratch on a rock or branch laying on the ground is a pointer towards treasure. I'm sorry that he left but let me pose this question to you.

If there is a poisonous snake ready to strike you, should I warn you or let you get bitten?

The Yamashita treasure seekers are walking past that snake every day. They believe in a fairy tale and are willing to risk their lives in dangerous countryside where your own people are hunting you because you believe different than they do. Worse than that, even if the stories were true, there was never enough plunder to make up the quantity of the rumored treasure left behind. There were tons of it found immediately following the war, true. But that there is any significant amount left is nonsense. Buy a lottery ticket. You have a better chance of winning that than finding any of the WWII treasure. Seriously.

gd1950, YOU GOTTA TRY HARDER MAN...and please read more about history...You are much older than me and i though you were more knowledgeable regarding history but you proved it wrong...(sorry to say)...uhmm..buy a lottery ticket urself...You speak as though you know everything...but you're very wrong...you talk too much as though my fellow YTH are soo foolish but again, you're wrong...the yamashita treasure exists, scattered around in different quantities, and yes, some are small...and i've seen two recoveries, so you can't make a fool of me nor any others who had seen... Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61894.html#msg61894

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2009, 06:48:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

The recoveries are always small.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg61907.html#msg61907

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline FDS1332
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Spain

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2009, 04:30:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by windjammer
Hi,

I've been to treasure hunting for almost a year now due to curiousity if the Yamashita's Treasure really is a fact or is just a story from our old great grandparents.

I'm an amateur TH here in the Philippines and wanted to ask advise from all of you guys who have alot of experience in this adventure. Do's and Dont's and maybe even idea on how to read markers/signs/pointers etc.

tnx and hope to hear from u soon......

windjammer

This Note can be good.
Serial Number must to start by "G"
Note must to have some isolated numbers "7"
But it is not possible to see because quality if low.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg62789.html#msg62789

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2009, 05:47:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by FDS1332

This Note can be good.
Serial Number must to start by "G"
Note must to have some isolated numbers "7"
But it is not possible to see because quality if low.

The bonds in the opening post are fraudulent. They are fictitious. Period.

The serial number is not relevant.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg62842.html#msg62842

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 06:23:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello rational Observer

Rational observation will never win out with blind faith in some thing that has become some thing of a religion Wise

Your fingers will wear out with RSI before any on them will listen to what you have to say.  Grin

Hey who are we to care if that blind faith motivates them to get up in the morning. Let them chase rainbows if that's their thrill. Wink

The Irony is there is treasures to find.... But they are not interested reality only dreams.

I wish them luck.

Hardluck.  :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg62890.html#msg62890

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:25:13 am by hardluck »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: