[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2011, 11:36:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
You live in Malaysia. If you are trying to be cute, keep it up. Otherwise, just remain silent. If you are trying to make me angry, try LOTS harder. If you are referring to pictures that are not here, well then you are just plain silly. Nobody can see pictures that are not here.

Now lighten up. Or keep on arguing and see what happens. I guarantee you won't like it.

The man finally knows the difference between a Malay and a Malaysian. Good on ya!

Now I know you won't have cause to get angry at all, but if you want to, ...well, that's up to you. I was referring to signs I saw with my eyeballs, was NOT referring to pictures in the forum, so get that straight. The signs I which I saw were NOT posted in picture form in the forum, and for a simple reason: they weren't worth the effort because they have as much to do with treasure as a stop sign or street sign does.

Most of those signs were not even worth taking a photo of, but I do have an example or two captured as part of the background in a video from which in can grab and post a frame if anyone's interested. I'm sure many a less-than-aware t-hunter has mistaken geological/mineralogical survey markers as well as ancient graffiti for "treasure signs".

I didn't keep silent. Are you angry yet GD? Yes? No? Either way it's ok. Now go make good your threats.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg187680.html#msg187680

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2011, 01:39:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
I didn't keep silent. Are you angry yet GD? Yes? No? Either way it's ok. Now go make good your threats.

I've allowed you to have your final say. No threats were made, mate. Read more carefully next time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg187693.html#msg187693

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2011, 11:48:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

When Yamashita surrendered, he was found WiTH his treasure and it was confiscated.

Hi All
 GD, If when Yamashita surrendered, he was found with his treasure and it was confiscated. How do you or anyone else know that was all he had?. Was it not possible for this general to make a stash for a rainy day *? That's not to mention other Japanese who where at the time at war and in a foreign country.

*So when the Rainbows popped up he could have dug his treasures.  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg187752.html#msg187752

Offline hexhamation
Pull Tab

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett infinium
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2011, 12:42:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

goldnboy, Perhaps if you read the information available about where the Marco's REALLY got their Billions from you may be very much enlightened???  I think Hardluck has posted some very good "stuff" on this Too! Gold Digger 1950 has a lot of "wisdom" from his many years of treasure hunting, so you should seriously listen to him? One thing that you should consider is that Marcos had a few decades to search for any treasure with an UNLIMITED supply of "helpers" from the Military and the Police force!
                                                                                                                                                            Hexhamation

Posted on: July 22, 2011, 12:33:57 AM
goldnboy,  Remember Yamashita had an "appointment" with the Hangman's noose. Also when the "tide" turned for the Japanese,and General Douglas MacCarthur triumphantly RETURNED, one would think that they would have been TOO busy "dodging" bullets to Worry about too much else??? 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg187758.html#msg187758

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2011, 06:31:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
GD, If when Yamashita surrendered, he was found with his treasure and it was confiscated. How do you or anyone else know that was all he had?. Was it not possible for this general to make a stash for a rainy day *? That's not to mention other Japanese who where at the time at war and in a foreign country.

The facts don't support that notion, mate. He was on the run. The battle for the Philippines was coming to an end. He was trying to escape with all the wealth he had with him, not leave some behind in an area that was now hostile towards him.

Sometimes, if you just think about an issue, you can either prove or disprove it without lifting a finger. I believe that there are hundreds or even thousands of small caches in the Philippines where soldiers buried their personal possessions when they believed that their capture was imminent. They would bury their cash and pictures of their family. Treasured possessions that could be used against them as prisoners of war. Yamashita's plunder was all with him when he was captured. Of that I am quite certain.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg187764.html#msg187764

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline ram
Silver Member

Thank you148

Activity
0%

Portugal

5270.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2011, 04:27:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i'm in the philippines and i was born here in philippines. yamashita treasures were only a story all was found by the treasure hunters were bombs,ammos and other war materials buried by the japanese. some spanish gold materials and spanish treasures were accidentally found during yamashita treas search.

ram,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg187796.html#msg187796

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2011, 03:28:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Besides having very little to do with burying this treasure when compared to others, Yamashita was not hung, as a look alike was used so Yamashita could be tortured for information about treasure sites. It took decades to figure this one out. This is just a little trivial FYI, as I'm not interested in debating this.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg187975.html#msg187975

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2011, 03:30:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GUESS WHO
Besides having very little to do with burying this treasure when compared to others, Yamashita was not hung, as a look alike was used so Yamashita could be tortured for information about treasure sites. It took decades to figure this one out. This is just a little trivial FYI, as I'm not interested in debating this.

Then don't even bring up such fairy tales if you don't wish to debate it.

Your statements defy logic on so many levels. Welcome back.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg187976.html#msg187976

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline GUESS WHO
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

905.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2011, 03:39:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Then don't even bring up such fairy tales if you don't wish to debate it.

Your statements defy logic on so many levels. Welcome back.

Defy logic? Thanks for the warm welcome back.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg187978.html#msg187978

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you226

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2011, 04:15:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GUESS WHO
Defy logic? Thanks for the warm welcome back.

Yes. Your posts of the past and now this one are full of holes. With the added treat of you not wishing to discuss the holes, it defies logic again as to why you are here on a forum where discussion is the plan all along.

You don't want discussion? Well, then logic should give you the answer to how to fulfill that particular desire.

Think about it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8929.msg187982.html#msg187982

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Jump to: